ADVERTISEMENT

Be A Teacher In America

If I meet your standards.... way to prove my point ya dunce.
Way to show that you refuse to answer a question. Sorry I am not going to accept something like they set a belief system my child has to eat their entire meal in 15 minutes. Give me 4 topics. Your lack of response shows who has pissed their pants. You are the one that want to say this isn't political yet can't answer a simple question.

War of northern aggression/ Civil War.

Slavery (american buyers and african sellers)

Warner Von Braun and his global impact.

Early American history and the relationship between Indians and European settlers.

And just for LOL's.

Geometry: what is the strongest shape.

Way to show that you refuse to answer a question. Sorry I am not going to accept something like they set a belief system my child has to eat their entire meal in 15 minutes. Give me 4 topics. Your lack of response shows who has pissed their pants. You are the one that want to say this isn't political yet can't answer a simple question.
Feel free to man up and admit you were wrong Nancy.

Early American history and the relationship between Indians and European settlers.

And just for LOL's.

Parents get upset about any of these in elementary, middle school or even high school for that matter? Wow you are reaching. No I don't accept any of those. And none of those are belief systems, they are topics you don't agree with their conclusions or how the book authors wrote their book. It didn't fit the premise of something the general public and parents get upset about TEACHERS indoctrination their children.

When is the last time a parent said you taught my child is a hexagon. By god its a square, you are off your rocker.

The hexagon is the strongest shape known. Not many people know this but if you want something to hold a lot of weight pick a hexagon. Hexagonal patterns are prevalent in nature due to their efficiency. 99% of people don't know or even care about the topics you posted.

Parents get upset about any of these in elementary, middle school or even high school for that matter? Wow you are reaching. No I don't accept any of those. And none of those are belief systems, they are topics you don't agree with their conclusions or how the book authors wrote their book. It didn't fit the premise of something the general public and parents get upset about TEACHERS indoctrination their children.
They sure as shit do and I knew you were going to stick your head in the sand before I even posted. Nice life.

Stronger shape: sphere, triangle, or arc?
A sphere is 3-D. A triangle and arc are 2-D. The sphere is the strongest 3-D shape so thank goodness our heads aren't pyramidal. Birds feel the same way about eggs. The arc is, at it's most basic, a cross-section of a hemisphere and holds the highest loads as a singular structure - hence domes which are a series of arcs meeting at their apices - but triangles, unlike arcs, can be joined in a plane to reinforce each other so they're used as bridge trusses.

And just for LOL's.

Triangle
(Pyramid)

A sphere is 3-D. A triangle and arc are 2-D. The sphere is the strongest 3-D shape so thank goodness our heads aren't pyramidal. The arc is, at it's most basic, a cross-section of a hemisphere and holds the highest loads as a singular structure - hence domes which are a series of arcs meeting at their apices - but triangles, unlike arcs, can be joined in a plane to reinforce each other so they're used as bridge trusses.
You just answered all of the above.

;)

They sure as shit do and I knew you were going to stick your head in the sand before I even posted. Nice life.
Tell me the last time a parent got upset about a Hexagon being the strongest shape. Here in Appanoose County, 99.8% of parents would know a single topic of the ones you mentioned. Nothing that they are getting upset about their child being indoctrinated. You are off your rocker. You don't win, when a person would never bring these concerns to a teacher. You are full of smoke. And they are so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: sob5 and Tom Paris
Tell me the last time a parent got upset about a Hexagon being the strongest shape. Here in Appanoose County, 99.8% of parents would know a single topic of the ones you mentioned. Nothing that they are getting upset about their child being indoctrinated. You are off your rocker. You don't win, when a person would never bring these concerns to a teacher. You are full of smoke. And they are so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
He just refuses to admit when he is wrong. At some point you just need to disengage.

He just refuses to admit when he is wrong. At some point you just need to disengage.
He answered I responded and I am finished. He is so far out in "right" field about "hexagonal" issues leading to a total indoctrination of our children and bringing down our school system - I have to show the idiocy.

Reactions: sob5 and globalhawk
That's blatantly bullshit. It was pulling teeth to get that guy to even acknowledge he could be wrong and he left himself a cheesedixk out.

Everything that I provided has been a major issue from one side or the other trying to offer perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and RileyHawk
Tell me the last time a parent got upset about a Hexagon being the strongest shape.
And that's dependant on where it's loaded. In the plane, it's the strongest. Load on one side and it'll collapse like a house of cards.

6ie0q6.jpg
;)

God I love you dipshits thinking your smart. Pure EL OH EL.
FYI happened to just have a principal in my office, I showed him your post for giggles and asked him if a single parent has ever gotten upset in their 20 years of being in the school system about any of your "controversial" topics and he said you were full of shit. Hasn't had a single Parent complain about any of those topics and said . . . A hexagon is the strongest shape??? Never heard of that. For our area, you have deadset individuals on teaching god in the classroom, hence home school in our area or driving 40 miles to a private school. Have had 4 poeple complain about CRT, even though the local school doesn't teach CRT. Currently have a parent who supports 2 kids who thinks they are cats and threatens to sue the school if they don't have kitty litter in the bathrooms for them to relieve themselves. This is the type of crap that is going on in the schools and that parents are bringing up their concerns about. Now you have some parents questioning what books are in the library because they watched a special on Fox News.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob5
In the 85K to 90K range. By comparison a seasoned biomedical researcher at Iowa makes about 60K.
Sounds about right. Several people working in science or science related careers struggle to make much over 60k. I've also known nurse practitioners that are responsible for seeing and treating patients that made less than an I kindergarten teacher.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I paid off my 50K, plus interest, in student loans 2 years ago at age 51. I love working with kids - I keep coaching high school sports because of the kids - but this is the first year since I taught middle school BD that I can't wait for Friday to be done. I have never seen morale lower in the building or district. If the gig was so awesome for all of us you wouldn't see teachers quitting by the hundreds in various districts.

If someone could just come up with a "cheat code" to end the massive discipline problems we deal with, we wouldn't be leaving in droves. None of you go to jobs and get verbally or physically assaulted almost daily like so many do in this job. My boss got knocked to the ground in the middle of a street by a kid using his instrument case yesterday. The kid was trying to sneak out early, was running around in traffic, screaming and swearing at her. You don't have that crap in other jobs. You might not like what you do, but the people you are working with aren't threatening you while you're trying to do your job. Heck, I had a kid screaming at me yesterday and that almost never happens to me. He was mad about a call in a game.
Tom, there are some things you and I can see eye to eye on and be on the same team.

Reactions: Tom Paris
FYI happened to just have a principal in my office, I showed him your post for giggles and asked him if a single parent has ever gotten upset in their 20 years of being in the school system about any of your "controversial" topics and he said you were full of shit. Hasn't had a single Parent complain about any of those topics and said . . . A hexagon is the strongest shape??? Never heard of that. For our area, you have deadset individuals on teaching god in the classroom, hence home school in our area or driving 40 miles to a private school. Have had 4 poeple complain about CRT, even though the local school doesn't teach CRT. Currently have a parent who supports 2 kids who thinks they are cats and threatens to sue the school if they don't have kitty litter in the bathrooms for them to relieve themselves. This is the type of crap that is going on in the schools and that parents are bringing up their concerns about.
Congrats, the principal sounds like a dipshit.

Make no mistake, there are many many other examples but I stayed away from them knowing you were quickly going to look for the political out.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and RileyHawk
Congrats, the principal sounds like a dipshit.

Make no mistake, there are many many other examples but I stayed away from them knowing you were quickly going to look for the political out.
Glad to know you think educators are dipshits. Aren't you impressed none of your topics a normal individual has never had a concern about in small town Iowa. You know when you are pointing a finger there are 3 more pointing back at you.

Reactions: sob5 and Tom Paris
Glad to know you think educators are dipshits. Aren't you impressed none of your topics a normal individual has never had a concern about in small town Iowa. You know when you are pointing a finger there are 3 more pointing back at you.
Principals are not educators, they are administration. When was the last time your principal taught anything?

Again, I had to pick the ones I picked because I knew you were sitting there ready to dismiss them at the first sign of anything political.

So you readily admit you picked bullshit topics because all your topics are political . . .. . and you just proved my point. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner I will all see you next week.

School administrators are still educators - helping the school board and Superintendent structure curriculum and the ever so core ideologies that you are so concerned about. They have interactions with parents and children on concerns, progress in education and disciplinary issues. Next to a teacher in some cases they have as much hands on 1:1 time than any other individual in their entire education. I would say those individuals have a significant impact on kids and for you to dismiss them as only administration well you may want to sharpen that knife because it is pretty dull Whiskey.

So you readily admit you picked bullshit topics because all your topics are political . . .. . and you just proved my point. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner I will all see you next week.

School administrators are still educators - helping the school board and Superintendent structure curriculum and the ever so core ideologies that you are so concerned about. They have interactions with parents and children on concerns, progress in education and disciplinary issues. Next to a teacher in some cases they have as much hands on 1:1 time than any other individual in their entire education. I would say those individuals have a significant impact on kids and for you to dismiss them as only administration well you may want to sharpen that knife because it is pretty dull Whiskey.
I didn't and won't admit anything of the sort. After you get done celebrating that victory narrative you just created change your pants.

OK, call them educators if you want. I don't really care about that.

You were the one that said - "I had to pick those [bullshit topics] I did because I knew you would were sitting there ready to dismiss them at the first sign of anything political."

These were the parameters:

You can't come up with 4 solid examples of setting a belief system that isn't accepted. We are not talking about telling the truth, treat others as you should be treated. None of those belief systems are anything that any parent is going to say or disapprove of a teacher indoctrinating- or teaching a child. What are 4 specific examples that parents get upset and would want to get involved with a teacher as you said about indoctrination their child.

When there hasn't been a single concern brought up in a school district in 20 years about the topics you posted I would say you failed miserably and you are still cleaning up your pants. Now that you had to clean up another stain regarding principals being educators well, needless to say you are not very good at this game.

You were the one that brought up the word indoctrination and decided to stand on the hill that it had nothing to do with any political topics when we know damn well it is clearly political topics you were referring to. That you refuse to admit you were wrong . . . well I didn't expect much better from you.

Last edited:
Be a teacher in America

- Overworked
- Underpaid
- Constant anxiety around the possibility of gun violence at your school
- A mass shooting actually occurs
- Many of your students are murdered
- Police go on national TV and blame you, at least in part, for the shooting. Turns out you didn't actually do anything wrong.

Apply now!
Overworked my ass they’re protected by the best union in the country. My wife works 40 hours a week and does great as a teacher. Pay? 86,000 with a masters for working 9.5 months with holidays off and two extended breaks during the year? Seems beyond fair. As far as all of the shooting shit in your post pretty much anyone with any job with two doors to get in faces the same threat..

Reactions: GOHOX69
You were the one that said - "I had to pick those [bullshit topics] I did because I knew you would were sitting there ready to dismiss them at the first sign of anything political."
I never said bullshit.

These were the parameters:

You can't come up with 4 solid examples of setting a belief system that isn't accepted. We are not talking about telling the truth, treat others as you should be treated. None of those belief systems are anything that any parent is going to say or disapprove of a teacher indoctrinating- or teaching a child. What are 4 specific examples that parents get upset and would want to get involved with a teacher as you said about indoctrination their child.
I provided them based under dumb parameters set.

When there hasn't been a single concern brought up in a school district in 20 years about the topics you posted I would say you failed miserably and you are still cleaning up your pants. Now that you had to clean up another stain regarding principals being educators well, needless to say you are not very good at this game.

You were the one that brought up the word indoctrination and decided to stand on the hill that it had nothing to do with any political topics when we know damn well it is clearly political topics you were referring to. That you refuse to admit you were wrong . . . well I didn't expect much better from you.
1: I went golfing.

2: EL OH EL. I provided the 4-5 under the bogus parameters set. The word indoctrination does not imply political, that is your belief. It is often used in political conversations but it in and of itself does not have a political component.

You talk like a small dick who has a bunch of yes men and children around them. I lol'd.

Last edited:
40-50K is pretty good? 40K is around 3K a month in take home pay or probably a little less. Say 2800. Go try and live on that and see how far that gets you. And most teachers don't get the entire Summer off.
$50K/year for about 185 days of work, or say 1,500 hours, is ~$33/hr or about the equivalent of $68K/year plus a pension.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT