ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Kueter

For an outsider looking in…. How good at football is Kueter? Future NFL good? If yes, do you risk injury wrestling? This is a sincere question.

For an outsider looking in…. How good at football is Kueter? Future NFL good? If yes, do you risk injury wrestling? This is a sincere question.
I really don't know...I do know that he was a beast in high school and was a national finalist for best high school LB in the country (if I remember correctly).

For how tall he is...I've heard he's a legit 6'4.....I'd think he needs to be about 250lb to help the football team...I would imagine when he gets heavy enough...he probably has a very high ceiling...he probably already has the best hand fighting off the line of scrimmage on the football team right now...lol

He was 220 and was splitting matches with Christian Carroll. Carroll is about 255 lbs now and having an average year at best so far. Ben will probably be around 230
Clarification, the first time they wrestled when Kueter got the cradle was at 195. Carroll was cutting too much weight, he had another match that day where he collapsed or something. Second one was at 220 where Carrol won by TF in a freestyle match.

He was 220 and was splitting matches with Christian Carroll. Carroll is about 255 lbs now and having an average year at best so far. Ben will probably be around 230
I was hoping he would go heavyweight his senior year, to see how being an under sized heavyweight in high school would go before trying it in the big ten

I really don't know...I do know that he was a beast in high school and was a national finalist for best high school LB in the country (if I remember correctly).

For how tall he is...I've heard he's a legit 6'4.....I'd think he needs to be about 250lb to help the football team...I would imagine when he gets heavy enough...he probably has a very high ceiling...he probably already has the best hand fighting off the line of scrimmage on the football team right now...lol
Thanks for the reply. As a national finalist, If I’m that good at football, I’m thinking about the future paychecks from the nfl. Too much risk wrestling.

Reactions: el dub
I've heard Iowa football under lists height and weight unlike most programs. I suspect Ben is closer to 6'4" than 6'2"

This isn’t something that requires speculation as the NFL measures players at the combine. Ain’t nobody from Iowa measuring taller at the combine than what Iowa lists. They come in at listed height to -1”.

Clarification, the first time they wrestled when Kueter got the cradle was at 195. Carroll was cutting too much weight, he had another match that day where he collapsed or something. Second one was at 220 where Carrol won by TF in a freestyle match.
I was at that event where he collapsed in PA. It was definitely odd .

Reactions: MVPFAN
This isn’t something that requires speculation as the NFL measures players at the combine. Ain’t nobody from Iowa measuring taller at the combine than what Iowa lists. They come in at listed height to -1”.

I just looked at Jack Campbell, and his listed height on the Iowa roster is 6'4", yet he's listed as 6'5" on NFL sites and the NFL combine site has his height as 76.63 inches (closer to 6.5" than 6.4").

Reactions: moug and T8KUDWN
so Iowa football strength program aims to have their guys gain 1 pound a month. Ben wrestled at 220 but u have to think he weighed more than that. Let’s call it 225. He probably joined the team in the summer, so 6 months at the very least probably puts him at 231lbs. I bet he takes the mat in January between 235-240 lbs

I just looked at Jack Campbell, and his listed height on the Iowa roster is 6'4", yet he's listed as 6'5" on NFL sites and the NFL combine site has his height as 76.63 inches (closer to 6.5" than 6.4").
Which website? On Hawkeyesports he was listed as 6'5. I saw his HS recruiting profile has him at 6'4.
Screenshot-20231201-112407-Chrome.jpg

I've heard Iowa football under lists height and weight unlike most programs. I suspect Ben is closer to 6'4" than 6'2".
He's a legit 6'4". I've stood next to him and near him multiple times and he's a bit taller than me and I'm 6'3. Take it for what it's worth but he's still pretty lean, especially in the legs. I don't expect he'll compete at wrestling this season, at least not at a high level. A full 1-2 years of serious college weight room and diet and he'll be a monster though.

This!! BK is not the answer wrestling half the year and being undersized. get him in and let him wrestle five meets but he isn't a long term option if you want to compete for Championships

Yes if he commits to wrestling 100% he will be a force, but thats not happening

Reactions: tiltman
From an outside perspective the thing that I don’t get is Iowa doesn’t seem to be in on any of the high level heavyweight recruits right now. That indicates to me one of two things.

1. T&T believe that they will get significant contribution from Keuter over the next several years

2. Heavyweight recruits don’t want to commit to a school where they will have the possibility of someone like Keuter stepping in whenever he can to take their spot. Because he’s better than all of them available now.

We ran into a similar problem with Steveson’s stupid “will I come back or won’t I?” bit the last two years. No one wanted to transfer in because of the possibility he’d come take their spot and it really hamstrung our coaches. The only reason we got Hopke is because he won’t be off redshirt till Gable is out of eligibility.
this is my question too. I want the kid to follow his dreams and do whats best for his future, but I'm not sure Iowa has the firepower at the other weights to have a part timer anywhere in the line up.

Hope I'm dead wrong. Every recruiting win has some issue that follows. Spencer the exception. It's frustrating.

Ah that makes sense. I was looking at his senior year profile and you were at his freshman. He could have grown into 6'5.

Yeah, I didn't realize there were two different pages. I just clicked first Google result. That makes sense. And I checked a handful of other recent drafts, and it appears that most of their heights on Iowa's page matches their NFL combine height to @SPOONER's point.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Which website? On Hawkeyesports he was listed as 6'5. I saw his HS recruiting profile has him at 6'4.
Screenshot-20231201-112407-Chrome.jpg

Point conceded. But now do virtually anyone else.

Yeah...nevermind this. Point NOT conceded. As said earlier, Iowa doesn't understate. The combine has them either on the money or shorter by up to an inch.

He's a legit 6'4". I've stood next to him and near him multiple times and he's a bit taller than me and I'm 6'3. Take it for what it's worth but he's still pretty lean, especially in the legs. I don't expect he'll compete at wrestling this season, at least not at a high level. A full 1-2 years of serious college weight room and diet and he'll be a monster though.
Just in time to go to the NFL😉

Reactions: LOTOlion
Grown men arguing about 2"....sounds right
Well actually it might be an inch or less depending on how you read it? The only good thing might be that I assume there are no ladies on here complaining about some of the posters "short coming!"

now back to our regularly scheduled program!!!

I would have to also assume that SOMEONE on here is from IOWA? Also that some of those individuals might go to football games, know people who know Big Ben etc.... In other words, has anyone actually seen the darn kid recently?

One poster above said he was standing next to him and reported that Ben is at least 6-4. Was that recently? Did you talk to him? I mean it would not seem like we would have to be like the secret KGB doing covert undercover operations to get information!?!?!?

You know we hardly have a clue what in heck is going on with the kid other then he is on the football team and has not seen the field. He may have been in the wrestling room a few times, but we do not know if he worked out or just visited? He might be between 6-1 and 6-6/ 210-245 pounds????

Well actually it might be an inch or less depending on how you read it? The only good thing might be that I assume there are no ladies on here complaining about some of the posters "short coming!"

now back to our regularly scheduled program!!!

I would have to also assume that SOMEONE on here is from IOWA? Also that some of those individuals might go to football games, know people who know Big Ben etc.... In other words, has anyone actually seen the darn kid recently?

One poster above said he was standing next to him and reported that Ben is at least 6-4. Was that recently? Did you talk to him? I mean it would not seem like we would have to be like the secret KGB doing covert undercover operations to get information!?!?!?

You know we hardly have a clue what in heck is going on with the kid other then he is on the football team and has not seen the field. He may have been in the wrestling room a few times, but we do not know if he worked out or just visited? He might be between 6-1 and 6-6/ 210-245 pounds????
I can help! 🤣 We are just on our gloomy ride back to IC, leaving Indy. 😢 Ben’s “job” this year was to gain weight. Redshirt, get big, learn systems, get good grades.

He has been back in wrestling room for about 3 weeks now. Couple days a week. Since August, he has put on 15 pounds of good weight. Obviously, it would be great for him to get a redshirt year. Ben says he is up for whatever the team needs.

Ben says he just wants to compete, in something. We told him we could have ping pong tournament or something. He didn’t think it was funny.

He has been scout team LB and learning the football system. He has also been getting work in the wrestling room. He is doing both now and still gaining weight.

Ben is 6’ 4”.

Go Hawks!

I can help! 🤣 We are just on our gloomy ride back to IC, leaving Indy. 😢 Ben’s “job” this year was to gain weight. Redshirt, get big, learn systems, get good grades.

He has been back in wrestling room for about 3 weeks now. Couple days a week. Since August, he has put on 15 pounds of good weight. Obviously, it would be great for him to get a redshirt year. Ben says he is up for whatever the team needs.

Ben says he just wants to compete, in something. We told him we could have ping pong tournament or something. He didn’t think it was funny.

He has been scout team LB and learning the football system. He has also been getting work in the wrestling room. He is doing both now and still gaining weight.

Ben is 6’ 4”.

Go Hawks!

Thanks for all of this info! Puts some of the speculation to bed. Much appreciated. We're all excited to cheer Ben on!

Ben is 6’ 4”.

Go Hawks!
Thank you very much that information.

How much does Ben weigh now?

Ben is 6’ 4”.

Go Hawks!
Thank you for the update.

Reactions: Sportsmomof3

Ben is 6’ 4”.

Go Hawks!
Ok that's enough information for them to run with 😂😂. Soon he's gonna be 6'7 and 300lbs and the cut will be tough . This board is capable of anything 😂😂.NCAA champ this year lol. I have tried telling them R16 would be great but a RS would be best. Keep enjoying the ride as I know you do

Ok that's enough information for them to run with 😂😂. Soon he's gonna be 6'7 and 300lbs and the cut will be tough . This board is capable of anything 😂😂.NCAA champ this year lol. I have tried telling them R16 would be great but a RS would be best. Keep enjoying the ride as I know you do
🤣 redshirt would be so awesome but I know he wants to do whatever they ask of him. It’s been so fun! It’s such a learning year to figure this all out.

I'd punt this season... don't know if Tom and Terry have it in them, but I wouldn't pull the shirt on GA or BK. Going to make for a brutal year, but a better future. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Libertylover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT