ADVERTISEMENT

BF contract amended

None of this makes any sense because the structure of that contract flies in the face of everything that KF has built this program on. To have an incentive on ppg does not complimentary or situational football. I have to say I kind of feel bad for BF at this point because I highly doubt he is going to be given the keys to the offense with no oversight from KF. Like some others have said, what happens in a cold, windy B1G game and we are up 14-0? Or that KF doesn't want to run up the score because we are up 21-3 and get the ball back with 7 minutes left? Hell if I am BF I am slinging it man.

I don't know what Barta and KF thought they were accomplishing. Even if BF came back as the OC with no pay it wouldn't appease the part of the fan base that hates him. So either he is the OC or he is not, the money is irrelevant.
Dude is making high six figures while being one of the worst at his profession the country (in a profession that has more performance transparency than most) with the cover of is old man. I feel zero bad for him

Christ. Just when you thought that Gary Barta couldn't embarrass everyone more...

It just doesn't make any goddamn sense. If Brian Ferentz isn't doing a good job you fire him. If he's doing great, then give him a raise and extension! WTF is this? A choose your own adventure book that probably means we go into the two tomato can games and try to score 60? With a side of embarrassing scoreboard watching this season?

What an abomination.

Christ. Just when you thought that Gary Barta couldn't embarrass everyone more...

It just doesn't make any goddamn sense. If Brian Ferentz isn't doing a good job you fire him. If he's doing great, then give him a raise and extension! WTF is this? A choose your own adventure book that probably means we go into the two tomato can games and try to score 60? With a side of embarrassing scoreboard watching this season?

What an abomination.
I got a real good laugh out of the “choose your own adventure book.”

Was about to post the same thing...thankfully I scrolled through the thread beforehand.

Seems like that part should be explicitly defined in the contract.

I really don't see the offense averaging 25 points next year ...they team as a whole, maybe.
Good for you, since at least 10 people asked the same question about the D points counting toward the total. Do people even read through the thread? Kind of makes you wonder about even posting stuff.....

I’m shocked by this I tell ya. Shocked.
Look at the 2023 schedule. If he can’t meet those parameters next season then it will be interesting to see KF and GB move the goal posts to defend their new or changed message. And these changes means one thing, no one in the NFL wants anything to do with BF.
Well good news for some in this fanbase, we're not going 7-6 next year even if we come close to averaging 25 ppg.......

I guess we'll just have to bear the already-wasted 2023 season to get to actual change going into 2024.

Unfortunate but that's all we can do right now short of physical violence towards certain people in charge........ ;)

So, in addition to a scoring defense, KF invested in a little insurance for the boy in the form of Cade McNamara.

Last edited:
They need to put a standard deviation on the got dam average so running up scores early in the season isn't how he obtains that goal
What part of last year makes you or anyone think they can got dam run the score up on anyone? Use your brain.

Oh looks like S. Mandell does. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Reactions: cmhawks99
That would have ranked 85th in FCS for 2022
I like the 6 and 6 record plus a total scrub in a bowl game and Tommy Boy wins. Home games W.M. Utah St, Purdue, Rutgers, At N.W. back home to Minny Iillinois, and MSU. Its a waste if they dont win six of those. Then they play Nebby, Wisconsin, ISU on the road. One win makes7.I exspect 9 wins minimum. Then he gets a two year contract just in time to get his ass kicked with the 24 schedule. Gary and Kirk are really sticking their necks out on this one.

Did they think the media wasn't going to get ahold of this? They would have been better off just doing the pay cut and a 1 year contract.

That would have saved face a little.... By somewhat showing that things need to be improved this year....

By putting a weak a$$ goal of 7 wins and 25 points you have tipped your hand that you accept mediocrity from team nepotism.

Any fans out there think that BF should still be the OC after next year if we just barely hit those LOFTY goals? 7-6 and 25 points sound like lots of fun. NOT

IDIOTS

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Did they think the media wasn't going to get ahold of this? They would have been better off just doing the pay cut and a 1 year contract.

That would have saved face a little.... By somewhat showing that things need to be improved this year....

By putting a weak a$$ goal of 7 wins and 25 points you have tipped your hand that you accept mediocrity from team nepotism.

Any fans out there think that BF should still be the OC after next year if we just barely hit those LOFTY goals? 7-6 and 25 points sound like lots of fun. NOT

IDIOTS
Oh there are plenty of them around. They'll just find a new group of excuses to avoid placing any direct blame on KF or BF. We had some bad weather we were up against, guys didn't fully grasp the offense yet, Brian had a really painful bunyon that he was coaching through, etc.

The 7 wins is...the schedule is incredibly favorable.

Only 1 sure loss right now.
Sure loss? In '23, I don't count any sure losses.

It's probable that the PSU game will likely be quite a tussle. Every other game on the schedule looks winnable. ISU game will be a challenge too.

I guess we can be happy that we get some entertainment from the Hawkeye Offense in the off-season with news like this.

I enjoyed a tweet where someone said "we should have dropped his pay to 450k.... What's he going to do...not accept?"

Sure loss? In '23, I don't count any sure losses.

It's probable that the PSU game will likely be quite a tussle. Every other game on the schedule looks winnable. ISU game will be a challenge too.
Pretty much what I said.

Iowa will be a huge underdog vs PSU. At this point, the remaining eleven are not daunting.

Only seven wins will be a major letdown

One national guy tweeted that if he doesn't meet the objectives, then his contract will terminate in June 2024.

The way I interpreted that is if BF doesn't get to 7 wins AND we don't score more than 25 team points per game, then his contract will be terminated. Meaning if the team doesn't average 25 peg but wins 7 or more games, then a new contract could be negotiated. I hope I'm wrong with how I interpreted the comments, but at this point I would believe anything that incompetent Barta dreams up.

Reactions: curleytop
One national guy tweeted that if he doesn't meet the objectives, then his contract will terminate in June 2024.

The way I interpreted that is if BF doesn't get to 7 wins AND we don't score more than 25 team points per game, then his contract will be terminated. Meaning if the team doesn't average 25 peg but wins 7 or more games, then a new contract could be negotiated. I hope I'm wrong with how I interpreted the comments, but at this point I would believe anything that incompetent Barta dreams up.

I think it means that we AUTOMATICALLY renew our amazing OC's contact if he hits these HUGE and AMAZING goals of 25points and 7 wins.

If he fails to hit those goals......
He'll be renewed with a different contact, cause BF isn't going anywhere until KF goes. Buckle up.

Barta the Ferentz family lapdog has definitely left him, KF, and BF plenty of "outs" if Brian fails to achieve the new goals. I don't think anywhere it explicitly says he will not be coaching at Iowa. I agree with you, they'll dream something else up.

I think it means that we AUTOMATICALLY renew our amazing OC's contact if he hits these HUGE and AMAZING goals of 25points and 7 wins.

If he fails to hit those goals......
He'll be renewed with a different contact, cause BF isn't going anywhere until KF goes. Buckle up.
Agree. The goal posts will be moved and we will hear excuses as to why he should be retained….weather, injuries, etc. “We can’t fully judge the offense from this year so we will try again next season.” I can already hear it. Sad. Time for KF, BF, and GB to GTFO.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Agree. The goal posts will be moved and we will hear excuses as to why he should be retained….weather, injuries, etc. “We can’t fully judge the offense from this year so we will try again next season.” I can already hear it. Sad. Time for KF, BF, and GB to GTFO.
This amended contract puts Phil Parker in a real quandary. To score or not to score; that is the question!

I think BF might have a hard time hitting this. I would tend to think the defense is going to have a tough time matching the scores they had this past year. It’s still ridiculous.
It might also lend itself to KF actually allowing BF to call the offense he wants. After all would KF call off the dogs (like the Purdue game) if Iowa was averaging 23 points at that time. I’m not a BF fan but this might be the first time we see if BF is allowed to run the offense.

This could actually be interesting.
Does this mean we, the fans are rooting for about 10 wins and 23 points per game. We will actually be rooting against our team late in the season?? Also, what happens if we win more than 7 games and not get to the 25 points pg? No bonus dollars but still a new lifetime contract as long as dad is head coach?
Also if the win at a bowl game counts does that also count for or against the 25 ppg?

Last edited:
Does this mean we, the fans are rooting for about 10 wins and 23 points per game. We will actually be rooting against our team late in the season?? Also, what happens if we win more than 7 games and not get to the 25 points pg? No bonus dollars but still a new lifetime contract as long as dad is head coach?
Personally, I'm rooting for Phil Parker's defense to out-score the Iowa offense in every game and thereby embarrass (but not humble*) KF and his baby boy dynasty.
'

“Magic Number” is 300 points for 12 regular season games.

12 X 25 = 300.

Could make for fun weekly contests on this board.

Early off-the-wall predictions of Iowa scoring per game:

Western Michigan: 45. Running total: 45
Iowa State: 31. RT: 76
Utah State: 24. RT: 100
Purdue: 21. RT: 121
Wisconsin: 16. RT: 137
Rutgers: 19. RT: 156
NW: 34. RT: 190
Mich State: 17. RT: 207
Penn State: 10. RT: 217
Minnesota: 24. RT: 241
Illinois: 18. RT: 259

Nebraska: ??? Will need to score 41 vs Huskers to hit “Magic Number” of 300.
What about a bowl game. Does that count?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT