ADVERTISEMENT

Biden prepares to take decisive action as Republican dithering leaves US borders unsafe.

This. But He should have done it immediately after Johnson shot down the Bill. Turn it against them. There was a bi-partisan Bill that the R’s didn’t even debate or try to alter/refine. Biden could have said because of that his hand is forced. Would have had better optics right after the scrapping.
He didn’t have the power to. He said it himself. What changed?

Biden and the dems lied and claimed there wasn't a crisis for 3.5 years until 10 million illegals couldn't be swept under the rug anymore. Your crisis dems. Own what you built/voted for. Biden canceling all those executive orders wasn't by accident.
Happened within a few days IIRC.

I'm an independent, but I think this is a misrepresentation of the bipartisan bill that Trump so cynically submarined and the order that Biden is currently proposing but carry on with your echo chamber narrative.
Here's your echo chamber...

You won't be laughing when another attack happens from someone that crossed the border.
No, but let's be honest and keep things in context. 99.9% of the violence committed in this country has been and will be perpetrated by people who are legally residing in this country. Compare U.S. homicide and violent crime statistics to pretty much any European country and the US dwarfs them. There are bad people everywhere, which makes the likelihood of some crossing the border highly likely. We should do everything we can to keep them out. Personally I'm not losing any sleep over it.

No, but let's be honest and keep things in context. 99.9% of the violence committed in this country has been and will be perpetrated by people who are legally residing in this country. Compare U.S. homicide and violent crime statistics to pretty much any European country and the US dwarfs them. There are bad people everywhere, which makes the likelihood of some crossing the border highly likely. We should do everything we can to keep them out. Personally I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Sorry I have no evidence handy that shows the crimes committed by the undocumented ones illegally crossing our borders. The gotaways or even the ones we do know about. Throwing up numbers of Americans committing crimes, c'mon man!

Sorry I have no evidence handy that shows the crimes committed by the undocumented ones illegally crossing our borders. The gotaways or even the ones we do know about. Throwing up numbers of Americans committing crimes, c'mon man!
Sorry. I just don't get all caught up in the evil immigrant hysteria that politicians like to use to manipulate people with.

You can't prove a negative. There is nothing in the order that "is allowing illegal immigration up to 1.8 million per year and then making it easier for them to get amnesty." Provide a link that proves your claim.
"President Biden believes we must secure our border. That is why today, he announced executive actions to bar migrants who cross our Southern border unlawfully from receiving asylum. These actions will be in effect when high levels of encounters at the Southern Border exceed our ability to deliver timely consequences"

"These actions are not permanent. They will be discontinued when the number of migrants who cross the border between ports of entry is low enough for America’s system to safely and effectively manage border operations. "

Amnesty
"The Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security launched a Recent Arrivals docket to more quickly resolve a portion of immigration cases for migrants who attempt to cross between ports of entry at the Southern border in violation of our immigration laws."

The bill dems think should be passed set the conditions for asylum restrictions at an average of 4,000 migrants per day in a given week, including at ports of entry, with a mandatory shutdown at 5,000 migrants per day on average.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
OP sure went into full Blue talking points mode. Wowza. We were just told months ago when the Congressional plan fell through that there was nothing Biden could do. What changed?
Do you want him to do something now or not?

"President Biden believes we must secure our border. That is why today, he announced executive actions to bar migrants who cross our Southern border unlawfully from receiving asylum. These actions will be in effect when high levels of encounters at the Southern Border exceed our ability to deliver timely consequences"

"These actions are not permanent. They will be discontinued when the number of migrants who cross the border between ports of entry is low enough for America’s system to safely and effectively manage border operations. "

Amnesty
"The Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security launched a Recent Arrivals docket to more quickly resolve a portion of immigration cases for migrants who attempt to cross between ports of entry at the Southern border in violation of our immigration laws."

The bill dems think should be passed set the conditions for asylum restrictions at an average of 4,000 migrants per day in a given week, including at ports of entry, with a mandatory shutdown at 5,000 migrants per day on average.
Ok, so are we moving off Biden's order and talking about the scuttled bill?

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Happened within a few days IIRC.
First two priorities of the administration was ending the plans for the Afghanistan withdrawal and enforcement of law at the southern border. Both turned into cluster****s (both somehow not his fault).

"Don't underestimate joes ability to fvck things up"
-Barry O

The inaccuracy is in the numbers. The presumption is that you are using HR 815 TITLE III—SECURING AMERICA Subtitle A—Border Emergency Authority, which contains verbiage about 5000 illegals per day. ( 5000 * 365 = 1,825,000)
The numbers (4,000, 5,000, and 8,500) utilized in that section are figures calculated to initiate either discretionary or mandated authorization of ‘‘SEC. 244B. BORDER EMERGENCY AUTHORITY.
The authority provides the Secretary with options to address the border.

Here is language in the bill addressing the numbers
(3) ACTIVATIONS OF AUTHORITY.— ‘‘(A) DISCRETIONARY ACTIVATION.—The Secretary may activate the border emergency authority if, during a period of 7 consecutive calendar days, there is an average of 4,000 or more aliens who are encountered each day. ‘‘(B) MANDATORY ACTIVATION.—The Secretary shall activate the border emergency authority if— ‘‘(i) during a period of 7 consecutive calendar days, there is an average of 5,000 or more aliens who are encountered each day; or ‘‘(ii) on any 1 calendar day, a combined total of 8,500 or more aliens are encountered.

Border Bill
I don't see a discrepancy between numbers.

Basically this bill means dhs will increase processing of illegals but they won't turn people away unless there is an average of over 1.8 million per year.

Biden is purposefully allowing illegal immigration, what else does this bill mean. BTW, this is in line with the united nations open borders policies as well.

Ok, so are we moving off Biden's order and talking about the scuttled bill?
No, I provided a wh press briefing about the executive action.

This seems to be a very deceptive order by Biden. He claims he will bar asylum for migrants who enter the border illegally. But the ban really only starts if the numbers exceed the limit. I think he set it at 2500. (But I have not found this in writing yet).

So essentially he is setting the number who will be given asylum after crossing the border illegally.

Last edited:
No, I provided a wh press briefing about the executive action.
Ok. So I don't really have the time to explain how people seeking asylum through the legal asylum process (that requires congress to be changed) are different from people who are crossing the border illegally outside the process so that's a homework assignment for you.

Biden reduced the max average of people legally seeking asylum at the border to 2,500 before the border is shut down to avoid overwhelming the process. It has nothing to do with allowing illegals or even that many asylum seekers through without proper vetting to determine whether they have valid asylum claims. No such action exists today to limit the volume of asylum seekers coming through. If it were in place, the border would be shut down today.

I don't see a discrepancy between numbers.

Basically this bill means dhs will increase processing of illegals but they won't turn people away unless there is an average of over 1.8 million per year.

Biden is purposefully allowing illegal immigration, what else does this bill mean. BTW, this is in line with the united nations open borders policies as well.

The bill does not state that; the average is calculated over a 7-day period, not a 365-day period. If the average reaches 5k in 7 days, the authority is mandated to be activated, and the border measures are activated.

I do not believe the bill should have been passed because it has some missing items, but stating that 1.8 million illegals would be able to enter the country is factually inaccurate.

The relevant pages of the document linked previously are 205 through 225
Here is the section concerning the authority given to the secretary if the authority is mandated ( average of 5k over 7 days )

‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—Whenever the border emergency authority is activated, the Secretary shall have the authority, in the Secretary’s sole and unreviewable discretion, to summarily remove from and prohibit, in whole or in part, entry into the United States of any alien identified in subsection (a)(3) who is subject to such authority in accordance with this subsection. ‘‘(2) TERMS AND CONDITIONS.— ‘‘(A) SUMMARY REMOVAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, subject to subparagraph (B), the Secretary shall issue a summary removal order and summarily remove an alien to the country of which the alien is a subject, national, or citizen (or, in the case of an alien having no nationality, the country of the alien’s last habitual residence), or in accordance with the processes established under section 241, unless the summary removal of the

99.9% chance your stat is bullshit fwiw.

Ok. So I don't really have the time to explain how people seeking asylum through the legal asylum process (that requires congress to be changed) are different from people who are crossing the border illegally outside the process so that's a homework assignment for you.

Biden reduced the max average of people legally seeking asylum at the border to 2,500 before the border is shut down to avoid overwhelming the process. It has nothing to do with allowing illegals or even that many asylum seekers through without proper vetting to determine whether they have valid asylum claims. No such action exists today to limit the volume of asylum seekers coming through. If it were in place, the border would be shut down today.
I don't think you are correct.

"The new rule from the Departments of Homeland Security and Justice will restrict asylum during periods of high volumes of border crossings"

This appears to be a step in the right direction and is actually better that what was proposed in Congress.

I have only read about this for 10 minutes, so I am still trying to figure out what he did.

It seems like this was a good step in the right direction. No illegal immigration should be the goal imo though.

I don't think you are correct.

"The new rule from the Departments of Homeland Security and Justice will restrict asylum during periods of high volumes of border crossings"

This appears to be a step in the right direction and is actually better that what was proposed in Congress.

I have only read about this for 10 minutes, so I am still trying to figure out what he did.

It seems like this was a good step in the right direction. No illegal immigration should be the goal imo though.
Border crossings are people seeking asylum.

Reactions: Ree4
The bill does not state that; the average is calculated over a 7-day period, not a 365-day period. If the average reaches 5k in 7 days, the authority is mandated to be activated, and the border measures are activated.

I do not believe the bill should have been passed because it has some missing items, but stating that 1.8 million illegals would be able to enter the country is factually inaccurate.

The relevant pages of the document linked previously are 205 through 225
Here is the section concerning the authority given to the secretary if the authority is mandated ( average of 5k over 7 days )

‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—Whenever the border emergency authority is activated, the Secretary shall have the authority, in the Secretary’s sole and unreviewable discretion, to summarily remove from and prohibit, in whole or in part, entry into the United States of any alien identified in subsection (a)(3) who is subject to such authority in accordance with this subsection. ‘‘(2) TERMS AND CONDITIONS.— ‘‘(A) SUMMARY REMOVAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, subject to subparagraph (B), the Secretary shall issue a summary removal order and summarily remove an alien to the country of which the alien is a subject, national, or citizen (or, in the case of an alien having no nationality, the country of the alien’s last habitual residence), or in accordance with the processes established under section 241, unless the summary removal of the
I have not read this bill, so I can't speak to what it says. But my understanding is that you could average 5000 per day over a 7 day period. So we could take 35k per week.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Border crossings are people seeking asylum.
Border crossings are people looking to skirt the legal system in order for work and a better life. They’re being coached by the traffickers to claim persecution in order to claim asylum.

You see it all the time when you put a mic in front them. Several say they’re coming here for work, then one chimes in a says no, danger.

Reactions: Hawk_82
I have not read this bill, so I can't speak to what it says. But my understanding is that you could average 5000 per day over a 7 day period. So we could take 35k per week.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

This pertains to the Senate bill (HR 815) that got killed in the House, and numerous people, pundits, and posters have stated that the legislation would allow 5k a day or 1.8 illegals per year.

An average of 5k over seven days would trigger the authority to activate the restrictions, which could have been in effect for 270 days in year one.
The numbers do not reflect how many people could have entered, which is why the 1.8 million figure is inaccurate.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Border crossings are people looking to skirt the legal system in order for work and a better life. They’re being coached by the traffickers to claim persecution in order to claim asylum.

You see it all the time when you put a mic in front them. Several say they’re coming here for work, then one chimes in a says no, danger.
I'm sure there is a lot of that. I don't know how many are "trafficked" as you say vs those who are simply crossing on their own, but the total number today is way above the 2500 figure that the Biden order caps it at.

How are people being manipulated?
They're led to believe that the current group of migrants are rife with blood thirsty animals intent on destroying America. The Dear Leader told us they speak languages that nobody's ever even heard of. They sound like real aliens from another planet. Scary stuff man.

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT