ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

...it was someone who can’t read the word classified?
Well, you shouldn't actually see the word "classified" on documents, you should see:

Top and bottom of document
For Official Use Only (now replaced with Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI))
Confidential
Secret
Top Secret
(any special handling markings)

The big "CLASSIFIED" stamp in the middle of a page is for the movies.

classified_cover_sheets.png

So the question is, were the documents properly marked, handled and stored. It is possible someone improperly marked the documents or didn't mark the documents.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Well, you shouldn't actually see the word "classified" on documents, you should see:

Top and bottom of document
For Official Use Only (now replaced with Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI))
Confidential
Secret
Top Secret
(any special handling markings)

The big "CLASSIFIED" stamp in the middle of a page is for the movies.

classified_cover_sheets.png

So the question is, were the documents properly marked, handled and stored. It is possible someone improperly marked the documents or didn't mark the documents.

It'll be interesting to see how much is redacted from the report. It's being reviewed for "executive privilege" ironically.

Garland did not detail the conclusions of the report from special counsel Robert Hur, but said he was committed to disclosing as much of the document as possible once the White House completes a review for potential executive privilege concerns. That process is expected to be completed by the end of the week, said Ian Sams, a spokesman for the White House counsel’s office.

It'll be interesting to see how much is redacted from the report. It's being reviewed for "executive privilege" ironically.

Garland did not detail the conclusions of the report from special counsel Robert Hur, but said he was committed to disclosing as much of the document as possible once the White House completes a review for potential executive privilege concerns. That process is expected to be completed by the end of the week, said Ian Sams, a spokesman for the White House counsel’s office.

There won't be anything in the report beyond sloppiness. Not sure why you're trying to make this more than it is.

They very badly want to draw a clear equivalency between this and what Trump did.
And, once again, that should NOT be the scope of any investigation regarding national security--own the opposition. There is a reason we classify documents and I've always said politicians should receive the same training, rigor and accountability as the rest of the IC. The amount of annual training NSA employees receive is overwhelming and it got much worse after that traitorous a-hole, Snowden.

Personally, I don't care what a person's political affiliation is when it comes to National Security.

You are. The report will say plenty of mistakes but no crimes. So why would Biden need to brace for this? It's not a bombshell. You understand this, right?
I said it'd say no crimes. Twice actually.

It'll show negligence and mishandling of documents. Not helpful when you're going after Trump...muddies the waters.

So why would Biden need to brace for this?
Probably because most people who aren’t maniacally obsessed with defending Biden’s every move view “mistakes” and “sloppiness” negatively, even if they aren’t criminal felonies.

Reactions: Chuck C
And, once again, that should NOT be the scope of any investigation regarding national security--own the opposition. There is a reason we classify documents and I've always said politicians should receive the same training, rigor and accountability as the rest of the IC. The amount of annual training NSA employees receive is overwhelming and it got much worse after that traitorous a-hole, Snowden.

Personally, I don't care what a person's political affiliation is when it comes to National Security.

He's talking about the posters in this thread

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Only people muddying the waters are people like you.
ok.

Sometimes you have to take a step back and take off the blue tinted goggles Huey.

The truth is the vast majority of folks don't follow politics as closely as you or I or the the majority of this board does. The folks that post in these threads are an outlier.

The vast majority of folks will just know Joe mishandled classified documents. Trump is going on trial for mishandling classified documents. Trumps case is far worse but if you can't see that this muddies the waters for folks that don't follow this stuff closely you're not very observant.

Why?

• Did he lie about having them?
  • Claim he turned them all over when he didn't?
  • Store them in an unsecured facility that thousands of guests had access to?
  • Actually pass info from them on to random people w/ no security clearance?
Worse, he had them in garage that any Joe's place could walk by and just start digging through, he also had a crackhead son living in the house...

The truth is the vast majority of folks don't follow politics as closely as you or I or the the majority of this board does. The folks that post in these threads are an outlier.
This simple point gets overlooked on so many topics. Heck, the majority of football fans weren't aware of the depths of FSU's opt-outs in the Orange Bowl. I got text/call after text/call, "Dude, what happened to your Noles, bro?"

Politics is no different, if you don't have your face buried in social media and the news, you won't have a clue what's going on. You just get snippets and overheard comments here and there. It seems the people on this board try to hold every voter accountable to the same level of knowledge. Heck, I've admitted more than once I wouldn't know half of what's going on in the world if it wasn't for HROT. ...after I retired from the Air Force, I got less and less interested in the "news"...it was ALWAYS on the ops floor 365/24/7--CNN and FoxNews everywhere for 20 years.

You are. The report will say plenty of mistakes but no crimes. So why would Biden need to brace for this? It's not a bombshell. You understand this, right?
I dont think you understand the issue. The better this report looks, the worse it will be because Magaworld will point and say "see! They didn't do anything to Biden but they are prosecuting Trump!"

The truth won't matter. THAT is what they need to brace for. They'd be stupid not to prepare for it.

I dont think you understand the issue. The better this report looks, the worse it will be because Magaworld will point and say "see! They didn't do anything to Biden but they are prosecuting Trump!"

The truth won't matter. THAT is what they need to brace for. They'd be stupid not to prepare for it.

There will be some snippet about Biden or one of his people was careless with the documents that they will use as a fig leaf to cry persecution of trump.

Reactions: Huey Grey
They very badly want to draw a clear equivalency between this and what Trump did.
Well, there is some equivalency in that both broke federal law. I cited the statute in another thread.

Trump, of course, went beyond that and broke other federal laws in the process.

Rs will become enraged no matter what. Everything that isn't straight white Christian enrages them. Doesn't change the fact that this is nothing. The real criminal is Trump.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Well, there is some equivalency in that both broke federal law. I cited the statute in another thread.

Trump, of course, went beyond that and broke other federal laws in the process.

Not really, because the law also requires intent. That has not been established regarding Biden.

Hard to argue that in Trumps case given how the facts there have been laid out.

Not really, because the law also requires intent. That has not been established regarding Biden.

Hard to argue that in Trumps case given how the facts there have been laid out,
So Biden didn't intend to out the documents in his garage, and keep them there with his corvette? He's bragged about it.

(a)
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Comprehension is the key. Biden knowingly removed the documents, and intended to retain them. At least some of the documents date back to when Biden was a Senator.

Reactions: IXHawkeye86
So Biden didn't intend to out the documents in his garage, and keep them there with his corvette? He's bragged about it.

(a)
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Comprehension is the key. Biden knowingly removed the documents, and intended to retain them. At least some of the documents date back to when Biden was a Senator.

Link to where he bragged about it. Seriously.

Sure - can you establish that Biden took these documents intentionally? If yes, then charge him. If no, then there’s no intent and as a result no crime per the existing statute.

It comes up with Trump because of the similar circumstances regarding having documents they shouldn’t. The difference between the two is that there’s every indication (will be adjudicated in court) that Trump did so intentionally. It has not been established for Biden.
And don’t forget the cover up. That’s how they always get you. Trump made massive and concerted efforts to cover up the fact he had classified documents and the Biden administration cooperated with the investigation.

MASSIVE difference and points at integrity or lack thereof.

Apples and Oranges.
Trump’s sin was lying about possessing them. The actual commission was minor once he started lying/obstructing the investigation. Much like Nixon/Watergate.
Nit the Biden is held harmless here, he just didn’t lie and hide the fact he had the documents.

Reactions: torbee
And don’t forget the cover up. That’s how they always get you. Trump made massive and concerted efforts to cover up the fact he had classified documents and the Biden administration cooperated with the investigation.

That’s the part I find curious when they defend Trump here. Whether or not you believe Trump took the docs on purpose, if he returns them when requested…that’s it. No story, no charges.

Just like Joe won’t face criminal charges. As soon as he found them, or let them search and they found more, he turned them over. Trump as usual was his own worst enemy here and fought tooth and nail.

Yup. Trump broke ADDITIONAL laws by lying and obstructing. No doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT