ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

He didn't have the clearance to remove those files. Military personnel have gone down for far less.

I don't have an issue with no charges, but then they need to drop Trump's case to be equal. Otherwise charge Biden and Trump.

Trump is being prosecuted for obstruction.

That’s the difference, Sharky.

Biden cooperated. Trump did not.

It pays not to be an asshole sometimes.

Reactions: sober_teacher

They raided his home over an obstruction charge?

Ummm: yes.

He didn’t turn over the documents when pressed by the Archives.

Then had his lawyers lie to the Archives stating that no more classified documents were at MAL.

Thus: the FBI executed a search warrant (not a raid btw) on MAL. These are pretty well-known facts.

basically, yes

they knew he hadn't turned over the documents and was actively trying to conceal them (aka obstruction), so they got a warrant and raided

Are you sure guys? Because if you look at the case there are charges of possession of classified documents. Which is exactly what Biden had.

I think they described him as an elderly guy with a poor memory in the report and gave several examples why.

Are you sure guys? Because if you look at the case there are charges of possession of classified documents. Which is exactly what Biden had.

Riiiight. And if Trump had done what Biden did with the classified documents, guess what?

Dude Trump is charged with 37 counts as they relate to the documents case.

31 counts relate to retaining and failing to deliver national defense documents.

5 counts are for the conspiracy to obstruct justice and withholding the records/documents.

1 count is for making false statements.

Trump probably could have skated on the 31 counts related to the Espionage Act had he turned over the documents willingly when asked.

So 6 of the counts are for obstruction and lying.

That’s what makes his case different from Biden’s.

I know you’re a “do your own research” kinda guy, but these are well-known facts of the case. Sometimes it pays to not live under the rock that you’ve chosen.

I think they described him as an elderly guy with a poor memory in the report and gave several examples why.
He has all his wits about him.

It's Trump that has the memory problem. You know he is taking with dead people, shaking hands with the air, can't find his way off stages and tripping on everything.

Oh, wait did I confuse the two?
Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

31 counts relate to retaining and failing to deliver national defense documents.

5 counts are for the conspiracy to obstruct justice and withholding the records/documents.

Trump probably could have skated on the 31 counts related to the Espionage Act had he turned over the documents willingly when asked.

I know you’re a “do your own research” kinda guy, but these are well-known facts of the case. Sometimes it pays to not live under the rock that you’ve chosen.
That's exactly what Biden did.

That's exactly what Biden did.

I would suggest you send a strongly worded letter to the Department of Justice and express your dismay with the lack of charges against Biden, then.

There is a clear difference in each case but you’re opting to ignore those and simply rant and blather.

Reactions: Ree4
Honestly, this might be the most pathetic part of this whole saga:

“One reason Hur chose not to bring charges, according to the report, was because it would be difficult to prosecute Biden, who could appear to a jury as a ‘sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.’”

They chose not to press charges against him because they decided a jury would see Biden as too old and too forgetful to convict.

Jesus, that’s sad.
Wow. That pretty much dictates the level of seriousness we should regard these "findings" with. What a joke. Completely unfounded with no evidence and unprofessional. How embarrassing that this person was allowed to work on this and that this comment was allowed to go to print.

I'll add this; he took documents he didn't have the security clearance to take. Kept them for many years.

If someone stole your car then called and said to come get it years later, would there be charges pressed. Hell, yes there would be. And you'd want them pressed also.

All I'm saying is one is getting charged and one isn't. IT NEEDS TO BE EQUAL.

He didn't have the clearance to remove those files. Military personnel have gone down for far less.

I don't have an issue with no charges, but then they need to drop Trump's case to be equal. Otherwise charge Biden and Trump.

It’s astounding people are still arguing this. If Trump returns the documents when asked, nothing happens afterwards. Biden when the documents were found, cooperated and returned the documents. Trump lied deflected and obstructed every step of the way.

If you don’t see the difference there you’re simply not being honest.

Reactions: Ree4 and Finance85
I would suggest you send a strongly worded letter to the Department of Justice and express your dismay with the lack of charges against Biden, then.

There is a clear difference in each case but you’re opting to ignore those and simply rant and blather.
Oh, and get the FBI at my door. I'll pass.

• Haha
It’s astounding people are still arguing this. If Trump returns the documents when asked, nothing happens afterwards. Biden when the documents were found, cooperated and returned the documents. Trump lied deflected and obstructed every step of the way. If you don’t see the difference there you’re simply not being honest.

This ices it,.. Trump will walk on his document charges.

It’s astounding people are still arguing this. If Trump returns the documents when asked, nothing happens afterwards. Biden when the documents were found, cooperated and returned the documents. Trump lied deflected and obstructed every step of the way.

If you don’t see the difference there you’re simply not being honest.
Equal justice is all I ask. If Trump's lawyers were working with them to return them, then this case doesn't have much merit.

I'll add this; he took documents he didn't have the security clearance to take. Kept them for many years.

If someone stole your car then called and said to come get it years later, would there be charges pressed. Hell, yes there would be. And you'd want them pressed also.

All I'm saying is one is getting charged and one isn't. IT NEEDS TO BE EQUAL.

Guess what, Sharky: Trump is a narcissistic asshole who lies as easily as he breathes.

Biden is a political asshole as well.

One of them failed to return documents when asked and then lied about it.

The other returned the documents and cooperated with the investigation thereafter.

Trump is his own worst enemy. That’s why he is facing the charges that he is.

Life lesson: don’t be a narcissistic asshole.

Equal justice is all I ask. If Trump's lawyers were working with them to return them, then this case doesn't have much merit.

They weren’t working to return them. In fact, lawyers who represented Trump falsely certified in response to a grand jury subpoena that he had returned all classified records.

There is a difference in the cases. You continue to willfully ignore them and yell at the clouds.

Guess what, Sharky: Trump is a narcissistic asshole who lies as easily as he breathes.

Biden is a political asshole as well.

One of them failed to return documents when asked and then lied about it.

The other returned the documents and cooperated with the investigation thereafter.

Trump is his own worst enemy. That’s why he is facing the charges that he is.

Life lesson: don’t be a narcissistic asshole.
That's why I don't like either.

But until you accept the fact that Biden broke the law (even though he cooperated) it means nothing. You would never get away with what he did. He flat out broke the law and took classified documents when he didn't have the security clearance to do so (no matter how they were found). The reason why this is a big issue is there is no clue where they had been or even who had seen them. That's a big deal.

They weren’t working to return them. In fact, lawyers who represented Trump falsely certified in response to a grand jury subpoena that he had returned all classified records.

There is a difference in the cases. You continue to willfully ignore them and yell at the clouds.
I'm not liberal so I don't yell at clouds and the sky.

I guess we'll see how it comes out in court. That's the great thing about our justice system. Everyone has a chance to present their side.

That's why I don't like either.

But until you accept the fact that Biden broke the law (even though he cooperated) it means nothing. You would never get away with what he did. He flat out broke the law and took classified documents when he didn't have the security clearance to do so (no matter how they were found). The reason why this is a big issue is there is no clue where they had been or even who had seen them. That's a big deal.

I wouldn’t get away with taking classified documents because 1) I don’t have access to them 2) if I did and was asked to return them, I would and 3) I wouldn’t obstruct the government’s ability to retrieve them.

#3 is why Trump is facing the charges, Sharky. Sorry. Not sorry.

This ices it,.. Trump will walk on his document charges.

He shouldn’t based on what is known about the case.

But they weren’t. At one point they even signed an affidavit that all documents had been returned and that wasn’t true.

How much time is reasonable to return documents when requested - weeks? Months? Trump and his lawyers had been requested multiple times, over the course of at least a year, to return those documents.

Why do you keep trying to paint Hur as a partisan hack? He was appointed to the position of Special Counsel by Merrick Garland.

Hur clerked for William Rehnquist and was appointed by Trump to be the U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland.

I think to suggest that he’s not 100% non-partisan is a bit naïve.

I wouldn’t get away with taking classified documents because 1) I don’t have access to them 2) if I did and was asked to return them, I would and 3) I wouldn’t obstruct the government’s ability to retrieve them.

#3 is why Trump is facing the charges, Sharky. Sorry. Not sorry.
Okay? I'm missing the point.

You hate Trump, I get it. But at this point he is still innocent. Until he has his day in court, you might want to start working something in your head so if he is found not guilty, you don't lose your mind. I'm not saying he will be, but it seems everyone has it in their head he's guilty already.

Okay? I'm missing the point.

You hate Trump, I get it. But at this point he is still innocent. Until he has his day in court, you might want to start working something in your head so if he is found not guilty, you don't lose your mind. I'm not saying he will be, but it seems everyone has it in their head he's guilty already.

Yeah: you’re clearly missing the point. Trump obstructed the return of the documents and the investigation. That’s why he is charged as such.

He’s guilty of obstructing the investigation, Sharky. That’s pretty clear. Smith has the goods on him and he co-conspirators.

And - yes - Trump is a piece of shit. He only cares about Trump. Anyone who willingly continues to support him (and carry his water) is also a piece of shit.

He shouldn’t based on what is known about the case.

But they weren’t. At one point they even signed an affidavit that all documents had been returned and that wasn’t true.

How much time is reasonable to return documents when requested - weeks? Months? Trump and his lawyers had been requested multiple times, over the course of at least a year, to return those documents.
So, Trump said they were. The lawyers will remain silent about it because that's good lawyering. At this point we don't know and will only find out what really happened in the courtroom.

CNN and MSNBC and the DA will try to sway everyone that it's a rock-solid case. There are many hours of courtroom batter that needs to take place before we know how it all really happened.

Yeah: you’re clearly missing the point. Trump obstructed the return of the documents and the investigation. That’s why he is charged.

He’s guilty of obstructing the investigation, Sharky. That’s pretty clear. Smith has the goods on him and he co-conspirators.

And - yes - Trump is a piece of shit. He only cares about Trump. Anyone who willingly continues to support him (and carry his water) is also a piece of shit.
He is not guilty. He is charged with.

Maybe everyone who supports him thinks you're a piece of shit. I don't support Trump, but I won't call my fellow Americans a piece of shit just because they support Biden. Maybe you should see a Dr. you seem to have some real anger issues.

Reactions: IXHawkeye86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT