ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

The special counsel has concluded that Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials” but will not face charges.

Willfully retained and disclosed. Ouch.

All that yammering about how it was nothing more than an innocent mistake is blown to hell. All that crowing about how he notified the proper authorities the moment he realized he had them was all for naught.

That’s gotta sting a bit.

So, this report shows that, once again, had Trump just handed over the documents when asked not only would he not be in trouble for it we likely wouldn't have even heard about it. Maybe we would have for the sheer volume of documents he had but no one would be looking to file charges against him for it.

Last edited:
The special counsel has concluded that Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials” but will not face charges.

All that yammering about how it was nothing more than an innocent mistake is blown to hell. All that crowing about how he notified the proper authorities the moment he realized he had them was all for naught.

Maybe I misunderstand, he “willfully retained” is pretty straight forward meaning he knew he had these documents. The other part “and disclosed classified materials”….. who did he disclose them to?

Reactions: h-hawk
Honestly, this might be the most pathetic part of this whole saga:

“One reason Hur chose not to bring charges, according to the report, was because it would be difficult to prosecute Biden, who could appear to a jury as a ‘sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory.’”

They chose not to press charges against him because they decided a jury would see Biden as too old and too forgetful to convict.

Jesus, that’s sad.

Maybe I misunderstand, he “willfully retained” is pretty straight forward meaning he knew he had these documents. The other part “and disclosed classified materials”….. who did he disclose them to?
Yes, he knew he had them. One report I read said he disclosed classified information to a ghostwriter.

• Wow
Reactions: swagsurfer02
So, this report shows that, once again, had Trump just handed over the documents when asked not only would he not be in trouble for it we likely wouldn't have even heard about it. Maybe we would have fore the sheer volume of documents he had but no one would be looking to file charges against him for it.
Yep. Being a psychopathic narcissist leads him to some extremely stupid decisions.

Reactions: torbee and h-hawk

Looks to me like they all acknowledge it was probably a mistake. He didn't know he had them, when he found out, he fully cooperated. Like we thought it would be all along.

It will be interesting to compare the final findings on Trump's document snafu.

Reactions: torbee
Looks to me like they all acknowledge it was probably a mistake. He didn't know he had them, when he found out, he fully cooperated. Like we thought it would be all along.

It will be interesting to compare the final findings on Trump's document snafu.
Didn't know he had them? They're in an open top box in The dead center of his garage per the photos. You really wanna keep playing stupid or are you not actually playing?

Are you paying any attention at all to what has been revealed in the past hour?

Let the attacks on Mr Hur commence.

See the post above...it's gonna get ugly.
It’s gonna get fun. Hur was appointed by Merrick Garland. Chis and Company have already pivoted from insisting that Biden didn’t knowingly do anything wrong to now attacking the special counsel who was appointed by the Attorney General they wanted for the Supreme Court.

I’m gonna have to stop at the grocery store on my way home from work. I don’t have nearly enough popcorn on hand.

It’s gonna get fun. Hur was appointed by Merrick Garland. Chis and Company have already pivoted from insisting that Biden didn’t knowingly do anything wrong to now attacking the special counsel who was appointed by the Attorney General they wanted for the Supreme Court.

I’m gonna have to stop at the grocery store on my way home from work. I don’t have nearly enough popcorn on hand.
2024 is peak

Holy balls...

“We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” Hur writes.

“Based on our direct interactions with and observations of him, he is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify reasonable doubt. It would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him – by then a former president well into his eighties – of a serious felony that requires a mental state of willfulness.”

Hur wrote that: “Mr. Biden’s memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023. And his cooperation with our investigation, including by reporting to the government that the Afghanistan documents were in his Delaware garage, will likely convince some jurors that he made an innocent mistake, rather than acting willfully – that is, with intent to break the law – as the statute requires.”

Yep, it's a nothingburger. No charges.
Lol. So criminal charges are now the litmus test for whether something was inappropriate.

The special counsel concluded that Biden willfully took classified documents when he left office and shared them with a ghostwriter while working on his memoirs. That’s a felony. The only reason they’re not pressing charges is because they believe a jury would sympathize and consider him too old and forgetful to be held accountable for his actions.

Lol. So criminal charges are now the litmus test for whether something was inappropriate.

The special counsel concluded that Biden willfully took classified documents when he left office and shared them with a ghostwriter while working on his memoirs. That’s a felony. The only reason they’re not pressing charges is because they believe a jury would sympathize and consider him too old and forgetful to be held accountable for his actions.
I know the R's will try to make more of this than it is. Gotta distract from all the bad news they are creating.

Hey, he made an honest mistake and fully cooperated. He shouldn't have had the dozen or so files that didn't belong to him. Flynn and Trump too. The difference is what they all did after the files were discovered.

Time to move on.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

The invalid can't even recall his sons death.. which makes sense given the number of times he's lied about it on national television tbh

I know the R's will try to make more of this than it is. Gotta distract from all the bad news they are creating.

Hey, he made an honest mistake and fully cooperated. He shouldn't have had the dozen or so files that didn't belong to him. Flynn and Trump too. The difference is what they all did after the files were discovered.

Time to move on.
He didn't have the clearance to remove those files. Military personnel have gone down for far less.

I don't have an issue with no charges, but then they need to drop Trump's case to be equal. Otherwise charge Biden and Trump.

Reactions: Scruddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT