ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

I imagine his level of accountability will be similar to Trump's. I'm also guessing those two aren't the only two politicians with classified docs sitting around their homes.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Unfortunately Biden has already admitted to doing it.

Two presidents in a row that can't follow the rules on classified docs.
I'd be willing to bet every President that we have had in the modern era has done these things. It just wasn't until Trump that we had one that was so wreckless with the classified documents that it got noticed and then had one that tried to keep them even after being told to return them. Trump would be looking at classified documents in public with hundreds of other people just walking around down there.

I'd be willing to bet every President that we have had in the modern era has done these things. It just wasn't until Trump that we had one that was so wreckless with the classified documents that it got noticed and then had one that tried to keep them even after being told to return them. Trump would be looking at classified documents in public with hundreds of other people just walking around down there.
like a lot of things with trump...its not really the thing he did, it's the degree to which he did it and his absolute inability to ever own up to anything

he has to push every line and test every limit...then turn around and act like hes persecuted because he ends up drawing more attention

the federal govt classifies 50 million documents a year...i bet a lot govt officials have documents lying around that are classified, in places they shouldn't be

but other government officials don't then take active measures to conceal that they have the documents or hide them from their own lawyer or the government officials that come to try to secure them

Team Biden is teflon coated. Team Blue loves to rationalize about the nuances of a crime rather than just admit their guy committed a crime. It's really sickening to see.

Did Biden intend for the documents to be there? Of course he did, unless someone else stole them and put them there. His defense? They were with his prized possession (Corvette), so they were safe.

My comments may make it seem like I care about the documents. I really don't. I'm more bothered by the double standard and hypocrisy of the teams, and I'm really way more bothered by the prospect of Biden or Trump being POTUS next year.

What will you be talking about if it’s a giant nothing burger like the investigation of Mike Pence?
Lucas decided to roll up his sleeves and take a run at a beloved conservative icon.

It’s on now, bitches!

Team Biden is teflon coated. Team Blue loves to rationalize about the nuances of a crime rather than just admit their guy committed a crime. It's really sickening to see.

Did Biden intend for the documents to be there? Of course he did, unless someone else stole them and put them there. His defense? They were with his prized possession (Corvette), so they were safe.

My comments may make it seem like I care about the documents. I really don't. I'm more bothered by the double standard and hypocrisy of the teams, and I'm really way more bothered by the prospect of Biden or Trump being POTUS next year.
One of the worse takes in this thread. That's saying something.

You have zero evidence for this.
Same with Mike Pence.

Absolutely untrue for Trump intentionally taking, hiding and attempting to continue concealing the documents.

But, as usual, your ignorance shines thru here...
Read 18 USC S1924 and get back to me.

Did Biden take the documents to his garage, or not? Were they marked with as classified marking or not?

The burden is on you to prove that he did so intentionally, and not due to some sort of mistake? We argued this point 2 years ago - what happened with this between Biden, Pence, Trump etc, is not unusual. What’s different with trump is that he lied, obstructed and did everything possible to keep those documents. Whereas Biden and Pence both turned over the documents once they were found.

You can believe Biden took them on purpose - fine. That’s not the issue. Unless you can prove that, you can’t establish a crime.

The burden is on you to prove that he did so intentionally, and not due to some sort of mistake? We argued this point 2 years ago - what happened with this between Biden, Pence, Trump etc, is not unusual. What’s different with trump is that he lied, obstructed and did everything possible to keep those documents. Whereas Biden and Pence both turned over the documents once they were found.

You can believe Biden took them on purpose - fine. That’s not the issue. Unless you can prove that, you can’t establish a crime.
Every time this issue comes up, you guys immediately and persistently compare what Biden did to what Trump did and what Pence did.

Have you ever once - even if it was just in your own internal thoughts - compared what Biden did to what the law says he was supposed to do?

Every time this issue comes up, you guys immediately and persistently compare what Biden did to what Trump did and what Pence did.

Have you ever once - even if it was just in your own internal thoughts - compared what Biden did to what the law says he was supposed to do?

Sure - can you establish that Biden took these documents intentionally? If yes, then charge him. If no, then there’s no intent and as a result no crime per the existing statute.

It comes up with Trump because of the similar circumstances regarding having documents they shouldn’t. The difference between the two is that there’s every indication (will be adjudicated in court) that Trump did so intentionally. It has not been established for Biden.

Sure - can you establish that Biden took these documents intentionally? If yes, then charge him. If no, then there’s no intent and as a result no crime per the existing statute.

It comes up with Trump because of the similar circumstances regarding having documents they shouldn’t. The difference between the two is that there’s every indication (will be adjudicated in court) that Trump did so intentionally. It has not been established for Biden.

You're gonna have to draw this out in crayons for @Finance85

Pretend you're explaining it to a short-bus full of special-ed students....

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I think the report will highlight a lot of negligence but nothing criminal.
Will you start another thread to unwad your panties, or use this one?
There probably was sloppiness, and over classification at work.

I can't wait for the Deep Right to tell us the special counsel isn't even a real American.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT