ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 tickets

augiehawk

HR All-State
Dec 13, 2004
So after not getting Nationals tickets I finally gave up on going to Nationals and will now be taking a group of 4 to Big Tens. The only place I see tickets (at a decent price) is in the upper deck Section 216 or higher. It says these have an obstructed view. Anyone been to Williams arena that can tell me how bad that will be or will I be able to see most of the mats.

I'm looking for 4 if anyone has anything better.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing and tried researching online but haven’t found much. Some websites said it’s just some railing and if so it wouldn’t be bad.

Maybe some Minnesota fans could chime in?

I've been to the barn a number of times...there really is not a terrible view anywhere in there to be honest....I think its a great venue to host the big tens...i'm in section 201 and the person tells me as I'm ordering the tickets "its says its an obstructed view, not sure why it says that because the basketball hoops will not be there..your gonna have clear sight line.

My only concern is that the B-dubs located across the street is not very big and its gonna be hell trying to pound beers in between sessions. lol

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I've been to the barn a number of times...there really is not a terrible view anywhere in there to be honest....I think its a great venue to host the big tens...i'm in section 201 and the person tells me as I'm ordering the tickets "its says its an obstructed view, not sure why it says that because the basketball hoops will not be there..your gonna have clear sight line.

My only concern is that the B-dubs located across the street is not very big and its gonna be hell trying to pound beers in between sessions. lol
So in the whole city and around campus the only establishment is B-dubs, lol

Steb and Herbs is the place to be.

Reactions: hawkeyejr
Does anyone know if Iowa is designed a section for the Big 10’s in Minneapolis?

Does anyone know if Iowa is designed a section for the Big 10’s in Minneapolis?
I think 108 is Iowa section. I had seats in 102 but cant go so sold them for hella profit. First missed big10s in a long long time but the cash helps hold back the tears.

Any idea if walk ups can be purchased?
Few years back did it at Indiana and just wondering if that I’ll be the case st Minn?

Any idea if walk ups can be purchased?
Few years back did it at Indiana and just wondering if that I’ll be the case st Minn?

I am in the same boat. Still looking for 2 Big Ten and Nationals tickets. I would think Big Ten tickets we should be able to scalp for good tickets at reasonable prices outside the arena, but others may have more experience and thoughts. Not so sure about Nationals.

I am in the same boat. Still looking for 2 Big Ten and Nationals tickets. I would think Big Ten tickets we should be able to scalp for good tickets at reasonable prices outside the arena, but others may have more experience and thoughts. Not so sure about Nationals.
Big 10s you should be ok for Nationals and it being in Pa it will be tight but why did you wait so long?

Big 10s you should be ok for Nationals and it being in Pa it will be tight but why did you wait so long?

Big Tens I didn’t think was going to be a problem (and still don’t). For Nationals - Where should I have gone to get tickets earlier? Should I get very expensive tickets from StubHub ($2k for lower bowl) or wait it out and try to get tickets (from StubHub tickets if the prices start to go down) or when I get there? I am assuming somebody will be scalping but they will be expensive?

Big Tens I didn’t think was going to be a problem (and still don’t). For Nationals - Where should I have gone to get tickets earlier? Should I get very expensive tickets from StubHub ($2k for lower bowl) or wait it out and try to get tickets (from StubHub tickets if the prices start to go down) or when I get there? I am assuming somebody will be scalping but they will be expensive?
Did you try through a school?Ticket prices when compared to the other cost of travel are normally not that bad.If you are buying tickets at a venue be damn sure they aren't fake.

Did you try through a school?Ticket prices when compared to the other cost of travel are normally not that bad.If you are buying tickets at a venue be damn sure they aren't fake.

With the demand in PA for this event, fakes or already scanned tix will be out there. No way I’d buy on the street for this unless you were extremely confident in the seller.

Reactions: Jackhawk87
With the demand in PA for this event, fakes or already scanned tix will be out there. No way I’d buy on the street for this unless you were extremely confident in the seller.
Saw a post already a guy got scammed $900 from someone on Craigslist Pittsburgh he sent money and never got the tickets.They sent a pic of the tickets so he sent the $

So would the general consensus on here be to just pay up on StubHub for Nationals and scalp for Big Tens? Seriously need some guidance here.

Iowa is the only place I remember B1Gs being close to sold out (and I've been to over 30 of them). Most places 6-8,000 max, but might be 10 in Minnesota. You should be able to buy at the door. Scalpers might have some better ones, though.
Wrestling is my biggest passion (besides God and family), but I'll never pay StubHub 2 grand for a ticket, just out of principle, even if I could afford it. Everyone who buys those tickets is perpetuating the gross injustice the NCAA is pulling on the faithful fans. If enough people buy those tickets, us little guys will never be able to go again. I really think those tickets will take a big drop in price the week of, but I can't afford to gamble on that, or I won't be able to watch it at home in the best way I can afford. The whole thing stinks, but I've resigned myself to letting the streak end at 29 straight, and resenting the greed of the NCAA over yet another thing.

So would the general consensus on here be to just pay up on StubHub for Nationals and scalp for Big Tens? Seriously need some guidance here.
I just took a look at Primoseats.com where I have bought many tix in the past.Big 10 tix starting at $155 and Nationals at $706 what I would do on Nationals is to take a look at individual session tickets they seem reasonable.

Iowa is the only place I remember B1Gs being close to sold out (and I've been to over 30 of them). Most places 6-8,000 max, but might be 10 in Minnesota. You should be able to buy at the door. Scalpers might have some better ones, though.
Wrestling is my biggest passion (besides God and family), but I'll never pay StubHub 2 grand for a ticket, just out of principle, even if I could afford it. Everyone who buys those tickets is perpetuating the gross injustice the NCAA is pulling on the faithful fans. If enough people buy those tickets, us little guys will never be able to go again. I really think those tickets will take a big drop in price the week of, but I can't afford to gamble on that, or I won't be able to watch it at home in the best way I can afford. The whole thing stinks, but I've resigned myself to letting the streak end at 29 straight, and resenting the greed of the NCAA over yet another thing.
Called Gopher ticket office today, they had 145 tickets available for sessions 1 &2 and less than a 100 for Sunday

Called Gopher ticket office today, they had 145 tickets available for sessions 1 &2 and less than a 100 for Sunday

Hadn't thought about this, but probably a lot of people shut out of NCAAs are making the trip to B1Gs this year, especially those who always do one or the other, not both. Could be pretty crowded in that old barn.

Last edited:

What makes it worse is that Stubhub also wants another $400 “service fee” for each of those $2000 tickets. Maddening. Anybody with tickets feel like unloading them for a healthy profit? I would stay home and watch but I told my son I would take him and I’ve always made it a point to follow through on my promises to my family (also already have plane tickets).

What makes it worse is that Stubhub also wants another $400 “service fee” for each of those $2000 tickets. Maddening. Anybody with tickets feel like unloading them for a healthy profit? I would stay home and watch but I told my son I would take him and I’ve always made it a point to follow through on my promises to my family (also already have plane tickets).
If your son is old enough you can scalp two tickets in Pittsburg. Pay for one ticket and have your son enter the arena. Once he gives you the all clear you can buy the other ticket. This would work even better if you find a group of fans entering the arena that have the extras but that sounds like a long shot.

If your son is old enough you can scalp two tickets in Pittsburg. Pay for one ticket and have your son enter the arena. Once he gives you the all clear you can buy the other ticket. This would work even better if you find a group of fans entering the arena that have the extras but that sounds like a long shot.

Good point. I always take a picture of the guy I scalp from as well (for the police if needed). My son is 21, so old enough to go in. If there are going to be people outside scalping, I would rather wait and scalp than give the crooks at stubhub $800. If there are going to be no tickets available at all (as some have said was the case in Cleveland), StubHub or other similar service it is.

Good point. I always take a picture of the guy I scalp from as well (for the police if needed). My son is 21, so old enough to go in. If there are going to be people outside scalping, I would rather wait and scalp than give the crooks at stubhub $800. If there are going to be no tickets available at all (as some have said was the case in Cleveland), StubHub or other similar service it is.
I HAVE TWO AVAILABLE SEC 116 ROW 22(MID ARENA).

I am on the lookout for two tickets for Session 1 and 2 of the B1Gs if there are any floating out there. I did not know if the weather was going to free any up or not. TIA

I’ve got two all session tickets available in section 224. Let me know if anyone needs a pair. They’re next to mine so we can bad mouth PSU together.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT