157- Franek won by Dec., 7-3
165- Caliendo won by Dec., 5-2 SV-1
174- Kennedy won by Major, 12-2
184- Riggins in Consolation Rd
197- Glazier won by Dec., 8-2
HWT- Hill

*will update throughout the round
Thank god ayala broke the "iowa being really good at 125" curse

The only reason he had to put any forward movement in the OT is because he had a stall call...and look what happened when he had to wrestle.
Exactly!!! Why is this kind of wrestling still allowed? Make them wrestle and there’s no need for a three point take down.

They tried to artificially inflate scoring but it didn’t increase offense. Talk about a cluster **** of a rules committee.

I swear, if you put in 15 knowledgeable fans and let them set the rules. This sport would be better for it!!

Purdue has only won one match. The good news is that their 174 pounder will get 2.5 points on the backside for Starochi’s default.

Moral of that match, hawks don’t scramble well
Been that way for several seasons outside of handful of guys who came in as high level scramblers.

I just get the impression it isn’t something that is prioritized in the practice room…and it shows.

Reactions: el dub
Been that way for several seasons outside of handful of guys who came in as high level scramblers.

I just get the impression it isn’t something that is prioritized in the practice room…and it shows.
Who on the staff is gonna show/teach it?

Team results in BTC Quarterfinals-

125- Ayala lost by Dec., 4-1
133- Teske won by Dec., 11-5
141- Woods won by Dec., 14-9
149- Rathjen lost by Dec., 7-6
HWT- Hill lost by Dec., 8-1

Reactions: vhsalum
Team results in BTC Quarterfinals-

125- Ayala lost by Dec., 4-1
133- Teske won by Dec., 11-5
141- Woods won by Dec., 14-9
149- Rathjen lost by Dec., 7-6
HWT- Hill lost by Dec., 8-1

Iowa with 6 semi finalists, Michigan with 8, Penn state with 9.

Deaug will probably end up winning it if that’s how it’s gonna be called all tournament
It’s Drake’s fault…period. I don’t care if the ****er runs around in circles like the ASU kid did against Spencer at NCAAs several years back. Drake needs to catch him and take his ass down. He sucked and it’s his fault.

Just a tough year. Few shining lights especially Brody Kennedy and Glazier. Without two transfers this year and one last year our squad would be 3 in semis. Yikes! just a frustrating year overall from a fans perspective. We should be happy with 6 in the semis but when you are trying compete and see the ones we are chasing with basically 10 (PSU) in semis it’s hard to feel good about the team aspect.

So you’re saying he probably shouldn’t go to 157 next year, gonna break a lot of ppls hearts. But I agree i think he’s eating and feeling great out there.
Tough scenario for Patrick. That’s why Tom gets paid the big buck$.

It’s Drake’s fault…period. I don’t care if the ****er runs around in circles like the ASU kid did against Spencer at NCAAs several years back. Drake needs to catch him and take his ass down. He sucked and it’s his fault.
Oh 100% Drake didn’t take the match to him. He was timid and let deaug hang around. I do not believe Ayala has got that mental edge yet in college.

Gotta love how he acts cocky after the match because he knows how well that garbage tactic works too.

Sad Penn State wrestling tactics win again.
Blame it on PSU. LOL! Drake lost because he wrestled to lose just like he did last time out. We need to quit blaming everyone else when we suck! If we know what’s coming we need to adapt and overcome, not do the same shit and then whine when it doesn’t work! Drake owns this, not the refs, not Deag and certainly not PSU! At times we suck at taking responsibility for our failures.

Is 125 that tough or is it that nobody is claiming it. Drake may run through the tourney in a few weeks or get bounced. Hell idk
I’m thinking he’ll lay an egg based on his lack of offense. Like someone else said, he needs to be serious about wrestling or choose another pastime. He’s way too talented to perform this pathetically.

Can we keep feeding him after the season is over so he can get to 184?
Too short/small IMO. Don’t think he has the frame.

Perhaps our doctor prescribes some time at the Treigning Lab in California for he (& Ayala). Team?
Seems to do wonders for the most dominant team in the sport.

Just a tough year. Few shining lights especially Brody Kennedy and Glazier. Without two transfers this year and one last year our squad would be 3 in semis. Yikes! just a frustrating year overall from a fans perspective. We should be happy with 6 in the semis but when you are trying compete and see the ones we are chasing with basically 10 (PSU) in semis it’s hard to feel good about the team aspect.

Just imagine how poor we’d be without the 6 guys in the semis. We would have no semifinalists!!! Awful to think about.

I’m thinking he’ll lay an egg based on his lack of offense. Like someone else said, he needs to be serious about wrestling or choose another pastime. He’s way too talented to perform this pathetically.

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Too short/small IMO. Don’t think he has the frame.

Perhaps our doctor prescribes some time at the Treigning Lab in California for he (& Ayala). Team?
Seems to do wonders for the most dominant team in the sport.
I was joking about Kennedy. He’s too small for 184. There’s been talk of Brands bulking up & returning for another year.

Blame it on PSU. LOL! Drake lost because he wrestled to lose just like he did last time out. We need to quit blaming everyone else when we suck! If we know what’s coming we need to adapt and overcome, not do the same shit and then whine when it doesn’t work! Drake owns this, not the refs, not Deag and certainly not PSU! At times we suck at taking responsibility for our failures.
I'll blame Penn State, because f*** Penn State. That's why.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT