ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Berge

I have no doubt that Freddy is a tough kid and is extremely talented. Assuming his development isn't hindered by what's going on in Minnie right now he's going to have a great career with the gophers. I am just higher on Brady. I bet if you asked the Hawkeye coaching staff, they'd say the same thing.

I know rankings don't mean much, but Berge is currently ranked #8 P4P. Stroker was the #20 overall recruit at the end of his Senior year. Obviously, not the end all be all, but certainly something to be considered.

Check out Berge absolutely dominating multiple OR state champ Layne Vananrooy (currently ranked # 5 at 160). Vananrooy looks like the Hulk and Thor had a baby!

I was going to say a cross between Prince Valiant and the lead singer of ABBA.

You lost me on this one, Tarp.

vananrooy.png

Reactions: TarpHawk
Been gone for awhile(damn high school softball) but I can definitely tell you Berge is VERY interested in Iowa as Iowa is VERY interested in him. I would be shocked if he is not a Hawk with a chance he ends up at Purdue or Minni. With that said I am in no way he is a lock to be a Hawk, I just like our chances.

I apologize if this has been answered is Brady at Fargo ? I recall he hoped to be back.

Monday, July 18th
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Cadet Greco-Roman: Session III - Consolations, Semifinals and Consolation Semifinals
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Junior Greco-Roman: Session I - Preliminaries and Consolations
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Cadet Greco-Roman: Session IV - Finals, Medal Matches & Awards
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM: Junior Greco-Roman: Session II - Consolations and 1/8 Championship
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM: Junior Women: Session I - Preliminaries, Consolations and 1/8 Championships

Tuesday, July 19th

9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Junior Women: Session II - Quarterfinals, Consolations, Semifinals and Consolation Semifinals
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Junior Greco-Roman: Session III - Quarterfinals, Consolations, Semifinals and Consolation Semifinals
2:15 PM to 5:15 PM: Junior Greco-Roman: Session IV - Finals, Medal Matches & Awards
3:00 PM to 4:00 PM: Junior Women: Session III - IF NEEDED
5:45 PM to 8:30 PM: Junior Women: Session IV - Finals, Medal Matches & Awards

Wednesday, July 20th
9:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Junior Women Freestyle Duals: Session I - Preliminaries
9:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Cadet Freestyle: Session I - Preliminaries and Consolations
3:30 PM to 7:30 PM: Cadet Freestyle: Session II - Preliminaries, 1/8 Championships, Consolations
3:30 PM to 7:30 PM: Junior Women Freestyle Duals: Session II - Preliminaries, Finals, Medal Matches, & Awards

Thursday, July 21st
9:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Cadet Freestyle: Session III - Quarterfinals and Consolations
9:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Junior Men's Freestyle: Session I - Preliminaries and Consolations
3:30 PM to 7:30 PM: Cadet Freestyle: Session IV - Semifinals, Consolations and Consolation Semifinals
3:30 PM to 7:30 PM: Junior Men's Freestyle: Session II - Preliminaries and Consolations

Friday, July 22nd
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Junior Men's Freestyle: Session III - 1/8 Championships, Quarterfinals, Consolations
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Cadet Freestyle: Session V - Finals, Medal Matches & Awards
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM: Junior Men's Freestyle: Session IV - Semifinals, Consolations and Consolation Semifinals

Saturday, July 23rd
Junior Men's Freestyle: Session V - Finals, Medal Matches & Awards(FargoDome - Main Floor)10:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Last edited:
Ur right I was thinking of Partiott's pre season Twitter request of a matchup at 152

Assuming we do land Berge. Do people think he will man 149 for two years until Kemerer graduates, then move up to 157? Or does Kemerer move back down to 149 after Sorensen graduates and Berge slots in at 157?

Reactions: TarpHawk
There's gonna be some epic room wars between Berge and Marinelli for 157!

Ditto Manville...Manville gray shirting, than redshirts, than...his goal being able to be on the same team as his 8th grade kid brother.

Berge has stated he will be at 149 in college which lines up perfectly with Sorensen (or Zain). Having some form of Berge, Kemerer, Marinelli are good problems to have.

Word is Berge has 149 in his sights
He definitely looks the part. For wrestling in the 152 finals, he didn't look to have a size advantage over Hovis even after coming down from 160 (where I thought he did look undersized). If anything I'd say Hovis was slightly bigger. He definitely looks like a college 149 just from the eyeball test. Didn't Sorensen wrestle 152 his SR year of HS or after HS-season maybe?

I have no information however; would think that Hawks have a fair chance because Kasson is a lot closer than Happy Valley for family and friends to follow him. Have no idea how much money the family but traveling to most of the meets would be very costly IMO. Also having a former team mate in Stoll already here should make some chance. Time will tell.

Someone very close to him straight from his mouth. I don't understand why people ask for sources on here. That's a pretty quick way to lose them.

Ny-I don't read any other boards but this one...unless you count twitter.

In some instances it could be in an interview on Flo, an article in his hometown newspaper, etc., etc. Basically someplace where you wouldn't risk the trust of a source, but it's out there for anyone to see/read/hear if they know where to find. If that is the case it would be interesting to see/read/hear for myself. Not that I don't believe, but for the same reason we all come here, because we are interested in Iowa wrestling.

Ditto Manville...Manville gray shirting, than redshirts, than...his goal being able to be on the same team as his 8th grade kid brother.

Berge has stated he will be at 149 in college which lines up perfectly with Sorensen (or Zain). Having some form of Berge, Kemerer, Marinelli are good problems to have.

How long you figure Berge can hold 149? Isn't it likely that he's gonna grow a little bit at some point? And if he does, the lineup fit isn't as good (applies to both Iowa and PSU). But like you say, not a bad problem to have, I guess.

How long you figure Berge can hold 149? Isn't it likely that he's gonna grow a little bit at some point? And if he does, the lineup fit isn't as good (applies to both Iowa and PSU). But like you say, not a bad problem to have, I guess.

Depends on the individual I guess. He could be a natural 49 all four years ala Metcalf. Wait and see I guess. I think this is what has benefitted PSU these past six years...killer workout partners. I mean, how bad can it be facing the opposition when you are getting your ass beat by Nolf in the room everyday. Wrestling another guy is a break. So having Sorensen, Berge, Kemerer, Marinelli in that area is not going to be so bad.

Like they said above, both Glasgow and Hovis looked bigger than Berge and Berge was wrestling down a weight. My guess is that at he walks around at 160 and will cut no weight this season.

In some instances it could be in an interview on Flo, an article in his hometown newspaper, etc., etc. Basically someplace where you wouldn't risk the trust of a source, but it's out there for anyone to see/read/hear if they know where to find. If that is the case it would be interesting to see/read/hear for myself. Not that I don't believe, but for the same reason we all come here, because we are interested in Iowa wrestling.
If it is a "source" that anyone could read or look up, most people mention that in their statement. I'm not that curious, mostly because it doesn't really matter (to each his own of course).

When Berge or any other recruit shows up at Team X's practice in College, we'll know (emphasis on AT practice, we all know just saying you're going somewhere for College Sports doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot these days - where you eventually show up does).

I just hope Berge and Warner both enjoy the family atmosphere with the team this weekend :) Plus the prospect of wrestling alongside and winning team titles with Kemerer, Marinelli, Lee, Teasdale, Murin, Stoll, Turk, Happel, Wager, Rathbun, Young, and Wilcke has to seem pretty appealing :) Then having Gilman, Clark, Sorensen, McDonough, Dennis, Metcalf, Evans, Telford, and both Dardanes in the HWC in addition to the coaching staff, seems like a good situation to me but i'm biased.

FWIW Brady mentioned in his post finals interview that he didn't have a tough cut to get down to 152. If he wrestled 160 last year for most if not all of the year then makes a conserted effort to go 152 this year, I gotta think 149 is his college goal.

BTW I watched all his Super 32 matches, he looked smaller than ALL of his opponents.

the young man has done well since coming off of injury,seems to have that toughness to thrive in the iowa room. can't wait to hear the decisions for him and warner.

Speaking of Brady Berge... What ever became of his brother Broc? I remember he left Iowa to go to the Gophers but after a quick search I did not see Broc on their roster. Is he still wrestling somewhere?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT