ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz appreciation thread

tony0051

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2006
I am of the belief that he was a decent coordinator. His downfall was being named QB coach. If you look at the numbers while O' keefe was QB coach the offense was a fairly efficient unit. Once they made him QB coach there was a very poor drop in passing efficiency every year.

Brian was a good player and representative of Iowa Football. And a better coach than people give him credit for.

I am under the opinion that he was nearly as bad as some on here make him out to be.

I am also under the opinion that there is a set program there at iowa and you just plug and play all the pieces in there, in the puzzle, especially on offense, but really defense and special teams as well. And that we will see basically another brian or KOK in there, as far as strategy goes, nothing too wild or fancy. And life goes on. plug in another piece to the puzzle and keep getting a minimum of 7-8 wins. move along. doubtful that we shall see many changes. which is apparently the way this program works. change is a bad thing, apparently.

I have the opinion that you gotta use wins and losses to judge a coordinator.
it was stupid for the Lesbian to fire the OC mid-season.
thankfully Brian has great character and stayed with it the entire season.

one thing that gets ignored... and that is the fact that those who hate BF..
will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.

Appreciate him as a Hawkeye…..player, oline coach, run game coordinator, co coordinator with Greg Davis, then OC the first few years. Unfortunately, as OC/QB coach, it didn’t go well and the change had to be made for the betterment of the program. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
I'll tell you another thing that gets ignored from here on out - you.

Liked it when he was run game coordinator, OSU in 2017, and the USC bowl game (PS - what the hell happened to all the presnap motion we saw there?!) . Otherwise, he stayed too long.

Hearing him talk prior this YEAR, I kinda think he may have actually had a better run as head coach (somewhere else) instead of. coordinator

Reactions: amahawk
I appreciate Brian for all he gave to Iowa football as a player and coach, and I wish him the best in whatever comes next. It didn’t work out for him as OC, and the decision to part ways was the correct one. Hope he’s able to get a win tomorrow in his final game at Iowa.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
How’s life in the cave Fred?
Jaysus

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
Didn’t hate KOK.
Didn't hate GD.

Hated the fact that BF‘s results were light years worse than both of those guys, yet he remained in place, because of whose kid he is. It was bad decision making by KF, and a bad look on the University of Iowa.

Last edited:

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
Gee, let me see now. I can leave now or stay for 2 months and get another $300-500K. Touch choice....

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
Am I glad he's gone? Absolutely. I am an Iowa football fan. Do I hate anyone because they're shitty at what they do? Absolutely not. That would be ridiculous.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
Relevance of the AD’s sexuality?

You seem like the type of chap who would lick the sweat off Brian’s nut sack first opportunity given.

What a dumb mother ****er you are.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.

They will indeed…I also believe he is likely a better coach than he has appeared of late. With that said, I’m glad he is moving on.

Im ready for the haters to bitch about some else🤪

Last edited:

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
You are disgusting. Homophobia shouldn’t be tolerated here. Iowa City and the university might be too progressive for oafs like yourself. You are disgusting.

Am I glad he's gone? Absolutely. I am an Iowa football fan. Do I hate anyone because they're shitty at what they do? Absolutely not. That would be ridiculous.
I agree.

I wish it were possible for Brian to go back to being the OL coach.

With that said, Brian’s message about being above the university and football program after it was publicly known he would be let go is the only thing I ever held against him personally.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
You don’t ever disappoint with your idiotic logic. Let’s only base on W/L and ignore the fact he’s over seen last 3 years one of the worst offenses and the worst one in the entire Big 10 since his dads been coaching this season….

But with your train of thought. I’d ask you if someone who was salesman on a team and they were one of the best for the company nationwide however the bottom guy was one of the worst 3 years running for the entire company and dead last previous year. Would you keep him because the team was one of the best or cut him loose and find some one better?

Last edited:
I agree.

I wish it were possible for Brian to go back to being the OL coach.

With that said, Brian’s message about being above the university and football program after it was publicly known he would be let go is the only thing I ever held against him personally.
Brian’s ego wouldn’t allow him to go back a step and be OL coach. Another thing is I can’t think of one OC/DC college or pros who got demoted to position coach the next year for same team. BF fair or not has become too toxic for Iowa and best for both parties to go separate ways.

Brian’s ego wouldn’t allow him to go back a step and be OL coach. Another thing is I can’t think of one OC/DC college or pros who got demoted to position coach the next year for same team. BF fair or not has become too toxic for Iowa and best for both parties to go separate ways.
I agree 💯 with everything you wrote. It is definitely best for everyone involved that Brian will be moving on. In a perfect world, though, yeah, we could use a good OL coach.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.
Is she a stupid lesbian or a lesbian who is stupid?

Reactions: cmhawks99
I am of the belief that he was a decent coordinator. His downfall was being named QB coach. If you look at the numbers while O' keefe was QB coach the offense was a fairly efficient unit. Once they made him QB coach there was a very poor drop in passing efficiency every year.

Brian was a good player and representative of Iowa Football. And a better coach than people give him credit for.
HOW ABOUT NOT

Reactions: Iron Doc

I’ll play devils advocate. OC 7 years. 43% of his time here as OC Iowa ranked in bottom 10 in the nation. 29% bottom 5 and worst in the nation this year. I still don’t know how people can justify him being a good let alone decent OC? Some really good OC/DC when promoted end up being bad HC. And with Brian he was good position coach but an awful coordinator and results speak for themselves.

As friend who has been in coaching told me you can blame the scheme some but end of the day BF was still really bad calling plays with out of date scheme and horrible with in game adjustments.

I appreciate Brian as a good Iowa player. I also know we suddenly stopped losing to Minnesota, the clowns, and The National Power when he joined the staff. I don’t think that was a coincidence and I appreciate him for that.

He showed signs here and there of knowing what he was doing early on as OC, but the nepotism/Barta thing was just weird (KF’s fault).

I don’t appreciate that he was anywhere near QB’s, let along coaching them. I know the Oline was bad, but Petras shouldn’t have played a down after the first Kentucky bowl game, especially with a bad line. If that was Brian’s decision, I’m glad he’s done (but probably KF’s decision).

I wish him well and I’m happy for a little change.

will hate the next OC.

guaranteed.

Mary Mary, quite the bigot…

Last 3 years were horrible offenses but this year was not his fault, absolutely nobody could’ve extracted much more out of the available healthy personnel. Still I’ll think well of brian for entirety of Woodshed, psu 2021 setup for petras-ragaini play call, and isu 44-41. Good guy, excellent position coach for ol/te/rb, might yet turn out to be a good oc in the future. Wish him the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT