ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks/brands

Brooks with a cringe fest today. I could tell he was full of crap any time he ever posted here.
Tarp was on to him long before everybody else. Now we all know. (the kid has always represented himself well IMO, course he doesn't lose much but still...)

Reactions: TarpHawk

Didn't really notice any of that during the match. Would also prefer guys shake hands, but this year some refs don't even a
Nelson is an interesting cat.

The interview where he answered every question with "I like wrestling" was bizarre (and immature, imo).

And most wresters were shaking hands at the end of matches. I mean, you are worried about covid at THAT moment? Nelson needs to display more maturity and more sportsmanship win or lose, imo.

Losing sucks but that does not mean you throw good sportsmanship out the window.

Gotta say, that definitely looks like a bite mark. Will have to see the replay. Doubt anything comes from this but Brands needs to be careful if he did. Assume biting is grounds for disqualification.
How does one bite with just the top jaw? Am I missing something?
Anybody check to see if Nelson has any lower teeth?
Doesn't look like a bite to me. As a ref, we have been instructed in what to look for when checking for a bite. As pointed out, there is no lower marks whatsoever. It is possible that those are teeth marks; but, not biting marks as there would be both a lower and upped mark. Also, Brooks never yelled out "he bit me". He never addressed the ref during a break in the action that he got bit. Brands mouth was open during the match as much oxygen was being consumed. A hard jolt into the upper teeth could cause that mark as a hard cross face can do the same thing.

Reactions: 24 so far
I’m really glad you all are discussing this issue.
giphy.gif

I’m really glad you all are discussing this issue.
I really think you should consider not posting for a little bit or thinking before you do. I know as a parent how easy it is to get worked up. It is being discussed here in way that is not flattering to you and then by extension PSU. Your boy was all heart yesterday and had a great win. Why taint it by coming off clueless and as a total jackass? If there would have been a bite my very strong assumption is Cael would be raising holy hell considering it is Iowa and more to the point involving a kid with the last name Brands. Query if PSU was atop the standings whether you would be doubling down on this Mr. Brooks?!

Olive branch. In fairness, John Brooks alleges two things happened, and posted a picture. I don’t see where he said the image he posted showed evidence of both - that’s something some readers ran with.

Great effort by both guys.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I don't see a bite attempt in that video. Brands is making the same (weird) pained expression the whole time, regardless of where brooks is.

Reactions: PSU Mike
Gotta say, that definitely looks like a bite mark. Will have to see the replay. Doubt anything comes from this but Brands needs to be careful if he did. Assume biting is grounds for disqualification.
Really. Either I’m blind or you’re stupid. I only see one half moon. So he would need counter pressure from something. I’m no expert but bite an apple and only use your upper or lower teeth or even try both but you’re only allowed to make marks with one.

I think the video pretty clearly shows a bite. If you slow down the sequence it goes from cross face around the nose, to open mouth, to snapped shut, and you can see Brooks immediately yank his arm back and wince.

I think its easier to talk about that than how a reloading PSU team with 6 freshman has yet to be eliminated by the best team Iowa could muster up in the past 10 years.
Lol iowa has six in the final... and only has one wrestler who is done.. and attacking this iowa team is a dumb take on you

Reactions: Gobblin
Perhaps for the very same reason Hawk fans here don't like to talk about how your own Moderator called you out for being the bellyaching pussys that you are. People tend to stay away from things that don't exactly shed a proper light upon them.

I hope this answered your question sir.
. Don’t recall that. But if you say it must be true. Easy to bash people from behind a computer screen. Have a great day pal

This is unfortunate.

I thought when Brooks got hurt he would just forfeit to get healthy for Nationals. I was impressed as the competitor in him kept going and possibly for history to be a 5 time BIG champ. I was very impressed by that and his gutsy performance.
However, his performance is being overshadowed. Worst things about social media. Someone is always trying to shine their light brighter without ever thinking it through. Hitting “Post” is just to darn easy. (as I now hesitate to hit post).

Last edited:
John Brooks uses his son to supply his own narcissism. Classic case of narcissism by proxy here. He uses him to live out his dreams that he could never realize due to fear and inability, molding him to be what he never could be. He feeds off the attention and praise of his son and will always be the first one to let others know not just that it is his son out there, but also that he is the one ultimately responsible for the success due to all that he had to sacrifice to help him reach that point. As a classic trait of narcissists, he’ll always be quick to rebuke others but personal flaws of his proxy will be ignored.

John Brooks uses his son to supply his own narcissism. Classic case of narcissism by proxy here. He uses him to live out his dreams that he could never realize due to fear and inability, molding him to be what he never could be. He feeds off the attention and praise of his son and will always be the first one to let others know not just that it is his son out there, but also that he is the one ultimately responsible for the success due to all that he had to sacrifice to help him reach that point. As a classic trait of narcissists, he’ll always be quick to rebuke others but personal flaws of his proxy will be ignored.

Dead on. These garden variety narcissists are obviously the least “self aware” also. This explains why he thinks he’s a such an important person when in reality he’s just an insecure jackass.

I don’t disagree that Mr Brooks is feeding off his sons success. But, knowing it is because he didn’t realize his own dreams due to fear and inability seems a bit personal. Do you know Mr Brooks and what his dreams were when he was younger?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT