ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks to PSU

Cornell was favored in 2011 - yes. However, in a "coaching" move we'll long remember, Cael stole Andrew Long out of rehab and won the title. Thanks for bringing that up.

The recruiting class rankings are garbage. It's all about filling the lineup with top 5 and top 10 studs. We haven't been close to PSU in this regard. I saw "Hoosiers," I know what an underdog is - and it ain't Penn State.

Cael does a great job with his stud wrestlers. I like what he does. Unfortunately, Cael doesn't have to deal with too many project type wrestlers (and he certainly doesn't have to rely on their production to win championships) so we'll never know for sure will we? [Actually, I think Rob Koll does better. TnT have been incredible at 125 &133.]

Winning 6 of the last 7 national championships is a apparently not good enough for some of the Penn State fans. You dicks have to come over to the Iowa board and to themat.com to troll us and Gable's legacy, apparently to achieve some legendary status you haven't earned yet. There's nothing special about Penn State that entitles you to go to the front of the line.

I don't think anyone has come over here to troll Gable's legacy - I certainly haven't. Gable is the greatest coach in history. It says so right in the stat book. If Cael retires and his numbers don't match up to Gable's, he won't be the greatest coach in history. If he retires and his numbers are about equal, there will be discussion as to who was the greatest coach in history. If he retires and his numbers surpass Gable's, he will be the greatest coach in history.

The stupid argument about the recruiting vs. development is just that - stupid. Apples and oranges comparisons in both eras and recruiting rankings. One operated in an environment when you had one publication making lists based on how many state titles somebody had and one freestyle tournament. Today you have multiple ranking services, video, many, many more data points. One operated in an environment when freshman were rarely physically or technically ready to compete with the top NCAA wrestlers. Today you have freshman far advanced in comparison to their counterparts of 30 years ago. Bottom line is that both were the premier recruiters of their day. They generally got who they wanted and selected wrestlers that they felt would thrive in their system.

Gable did this for a much longer time period than Cael has. Cael has done it for a longer time period than any of his contemporaries.

Cael has had to rely on his "project" type wrestlers to win championships. Off the top of my head, James English was the difference in the 2014 NCAA championship. Jimmy Vollrath provided the pin (up a weight) that gave PSU the 2011 Big Ten championship. PSU was not the favorite at any time during that season. Last week he relied on an unranked wrestler to win the B1G regular season championship for him (lol).

BTW, how has TNT's development at 125 and 133 been incredible? Besides Dennis (lol, this is a joke aimed at a statement above), who has he got AAs out of that haven't been ranked #14 (McDonough), #10 (Ramos), #23 (Clark) or #16 (Gilman)? Are Philip Laux or Paul Glynn prime examples of this?

The above paragraph is said half-in-jest but just shows you how ridiculous some statements on here about Cael are.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
This is where you are wrong. It used to be the center. I know that’s a tough pill to swallow, but the best kids live in PA and OH where by far the two best college programs reside. Things change and evolve.

Thank you for proving my point. If you believe that Iowa is still the “Center of USA wrestling” you are the perfect example of what I’m talking about.[/QUOTE]

IF I believe!?!?! Iowa IS and has been for a 100 years! Just because you believe otherwise does not change it!

They lead in dual meet attendance EVERY YEAR! They sold 44K+ tickets to an outdoor event in the Football stadium when it was 40 something degrees!

Answer this question. You come to THIS BOARD why???

These are NOT fair weathered fans!!! They are HARDCORE Wrestling Fanatics!

15k+ at every big dual, sell out every big event that comes to Iowa City! When they hit the road, Big crowds follow.

They know every Wrestler from every place, and follow/support them! They raised some crazy amount of money GRASS ROOTS with many fans chipping in what they could.

NOT some rich dude throwing money at the program so they could "bend" the rules!

IOWA will be back on TOP shortly, we will all still be here and you will crawl back under the rock you came from!!! BOOK IT!!!!

I don't think anyone has come over here to troll Gable's legacy - I certainly haven't. Gable is the greatest coach in history. It says so right in the stat book. If Cael retires and his numbers don't match up to Gable's, he won't be the greatest coach in history. If he retires and his numbers are about equal, there will be discussion as to who was the greatest coach in history. If he retires and his numbers surpass Gable's, he will be the greatest coach in history.

The stupid argument about the recruiting vs. development is just that - stupid. Apples and oranges comparisons in both eras and recruiting rankings. One operated in an environment when you had one publication making lists based on how many state titles somebody had and one freestyle tournament. Today you have multiple ranking services, video, many, many more data points. One operated in an environment when freshman were rarely physically or technically ready to compete with the top NCAA wrestlers. Today you have freshman far advanced in comparison to their counterparts of 30 years ago. Bottom line is that both were the premier recruiters of their day. They generally got who they wanted and selected wrestlers that they felt would thrive in their system.

Gable did this for a much longer time period than Cael has. Cael has done it for a longer time period than any of his contemporaries.

Cael has had to rely on his "project" type wrestlers to win championships. Off the top of my head, James English was the difference in the 2014 NCAA championship. Jimmy Vollrath provided the pin (up a weight) that gave PSU the 2011 Big Ten championship. PSU was not the favorite at any time during that season. Last week he relied on an unranked wrestler to win the B1G regular season championship for him (lol).

BTW, how has TNT's development at 125 and 133 been incredible? Besides Dennis (lol, this is a joke aimed at a statement above), who has he got AAs out of that haven't been ranked #14 (McDonough), #10 (Ramos), #23 (Clark) or #16 (Gilman)? Are Philip Laux or Paul Glynn prime examples of this?

The above paragraph is said half-in-jest but just shows you how ridiculous some statements on here about Cael are.

Please guys let me take this one!

You point out some Wrestlers who won random matches "as the reason" they won this or that! WRONG!!!

The reason, and the ONLY reason is ALL the #1's they have brought in!

Then you have the balls to say how is 125-133!?!?!? Your reasoning is #14, #10, #23, #16!!! yes all high quality kids, but were ANY PFP #1's or even #1 at their weight class?

ALL won Championships (Gilman obviously later)!

NOW they do have a #1 and what is he doing? He is KICKING A$$ as a True Freshman after coming off a serious knee injury!!!

So PLEASE go somewhere else with this BS! Go pretend that it is something other than something "very odd" going on over there that has given them this success!!!!!!

Reactions: rossel 33
Thank you for proving my point. If you believe that Iowa is still the “Center of USA wrestling” you are the perfect example of what I’m talking about.

IF I believe!?!?! Iowa IS and has been for a 100 years! Just because you believe otherwise does not change it!

They lead in dual meet attendance EVERY YEAR! They sold 44K+ tickets to an outdoor event in the Football stadium when it was 40 something degrees!

15k+ at every big dual, sell out every big event that comes to Iowa City! When they hit the road, Big crowds follow.

They know every Wrestler from every place, and follow/support them! They raised some crazy amount of money GRASS ROOTS with many fans chipping in what they could.

NOT some rich dude throwing money at the program so they could "bend" the rules!

IOWA will be back on TOP shortly, we will all still be here and you will crawl back under the rock you came from!!! BOOK IT!!!![/QUOTE]

100 years huh? Iowa won it's first title in 1975....at that time Okie State already had over 20. I would think a "hardcore" fan like yourself would know that.
Iowa hasn't won in 8 years. Most of today's recruits don't remember Iowa ever winning a National Championship. They will likely be 4th in their conference this year. They have 1 guy currently associated with their program who is competitive on the world stage, 2 if you count Spencer Lee (which I think is fair).
Sorry man, Iowa is not the central of the wrestling universe anymore, and they haven't been for sometime. I think a big part of Iowa not getting as many blue-chip recruits recently is that a lot of people within/around the program believed they still were the center of universe, and that people would be tripping over themselves to come to Iowa. Clearly, this is no longer the case. I do believe that the folks in power have now recognized this and are working to correct it. If you watch interviews which i'm sure you do as a "hardcore" fan...it is pretty clear that Iowa is actively trying to do a better job marketing. Which was my original point.

I come to this board because it is the best/most populated board for wrestling discussion and i enjoy good wrestling conversation.
Last post on this topic, have a nice day.

[/QUOTE]

100 years huh? Iowa won it's first title in 1975....at that time Okie State already had over 20. I would think a "hardcore" fan like yourself would know that.
Iowa hasn't won in 8 years.

[/QUOTE]

He's clearly referring to the state of Iowa, not U. of Iowa. I think you are deliberately misunderstanding his post.

[/QUOTE]

He's clearly referring to the state of Iowa, not U. of Iowa. I think you are deliberately misunderstanding his post.[/QUOTE]
My apologies then...my misunderstanding is certainly not deliberate, although my wife sometimes thinks so as well!

Do wrestlers have to be enrolled in school as Full time students during their redshirt year? And if not, is there much of a financial savings with tuition? Room and Board would be basically the same

Not sure why we get in to arguments over subjective matters like "which coach develops talent better" or "who had better recruiting classes between Gable and karl. It's nearly impossible to prove and can be viewed using any number of stats that vary depending on what you are trying to prove. One fact is: It brings out the trolls, which is getting old, and I have half of them on ignore. Gable is the greatest coach in history based on accomplishments. karl is the best coach currently coaching, based on accomplishments.

Gable revolutionized wrestling. (This is over simplified and only one dimension) He conditioned his teams beyond what others thought possible and then coached his guys to push the pace, keep moving forward and keep attacking for 7 minutes. This combined with the skills and devotion to the sport he was teaching went far beyond what others were doing and resulted in a dynasty that will always be unique in college wrestling. He took the sport to a while new level.

With so many Gable disciples in rooms around the country, many of the things Gable was doing started to be duplicated everywhere else. Karl found a different way to build a dynasty. He focused on starting with the best talent in the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. While what he is doing and how he is doing it is not fully known right now, he obviously has an eye for talent and a sales pitch to match. Staying close to home is always a good starting point and PA gives him the chance to offer that. This translates in to kids wanting to wrestle for him (even with those stupid "fake belt" singlets), just as they did for Gable or they do for Nick Sabin. Recruiting is not some cheep way psu is winning, it's part of a coaches jobs and karl does it better than anyone right now. It's frustrating for other schools, but it's the current reality. He went to psu for a reason and had a strategy and it's worked. Good for him.

Iowa has to do better and I think and hope that it does, but finding a way to rationalize how karl is not a good coach, is silly. Does not mean he will keep being the best, but he is right now and has been for the past few years.

I think the psu posters over here sometimes give us a really distorted view of psu. Many of them are trolls and using our board to act like idiots which can be infuriating (I advise putting them on ignore), but the kids in the psu program are classy kids that we would love to be part of our team and karl is doing a superior job at getting them to go there vs. coming to Iowa or going elsewhere. Tom needs to reverse that trend, that's his job and I think he is up for the challenge.

Sorry for the long post, but I have one more point. Most of the Iowa posters on this board are good people that have been posting positive, insightful things for many years. Don't let the rude and immature psu trolls change that. I get in to arguments with them from time to time, but have started putting them on ignore and its much more enjoyable.

Well said Neo. Reading through this mess reminds me again how both fan bases spew ridiculous bs at times. Some of you Hawk fans practically invite the PSU trolls over here with your nonsense and then bitch about it. You become easy prey for them. Penn State board has the same thing over there too, so they're not immune either. Either learn to use the ignore button (which works amazingly well, btw) or stop saying stupid shit. You'll stop attracting the trolls and get back to reasonable discussion.

you lose any credibility as a poster when you need to ‘solidify’ your argument with #2
Oh yeah and why is that? I am backing a claim with facts, not sure how that is losing credibility....hell they are even making a movie about it with Pacino. IMO you lost credibility with your response to my post? Did a PSU defensive coordinator not molest little kids for decades, did he not get an assistant coaches award after allegations were brought out, is there not still a statue of a child molester enabler on campus? Between PSU and MSU it is really embarrassing for the Big Ten and if you are a still a PSU or a the very least not outraged/embarrassed etc then I can't help but to judge your character in a negative light

Reactions: acuhawk

He's clearly referring to the state of Iowa, not U. of Iowa. I think you are deliberately misunderstanding his post.[/QUOTE]
My apologies then...my misunderstanding is certainly not deliberate, although my wife sometimes thinks so as well![/QUOTE]

Yes, please look back at history. The names Farmer Burns and Frank Gotch plus many more may not mean anything to you? They are LEGENDS to some of us!!!

"I don't think anyone has come over here to troll Gable's legacy" I almost didn't read the rest of your post due to this line. I enjoy your work and your approach but for you to type that and feel that it is true seems to be a stretch. I am assuming that you read this board fairly frequently and see the trolling. If the 2-3 PSU supporters who approach this board in a respectful manner could corral some of the jackwagons that head over here it would be appreciated. That one line kind of falls into the 'head in the sand' cultish mind set that the minions in F** Valley have been accused of having. Their approach that nothing ever is done with even the hint of impropriety in F** Valley is feed when a respected poster such as your self reinforces that by typing that.

Brooks and Evans were not especially great athletes (see also Lofthouse, Gambrall, Moore, Meyer etc. slow feet!) they were getting the most out of what they had to give but there is a limit. Telford had injury issues.Your description of Young is disingenuous, he would be in low AA discussion if he could only focus on 165. Imar was the only one to kick his ass there and he has hung in vs some tough guys at 174 being very undersized. I am not so sure he could not be a 157 pounder.

Really? Evans was ranked as the #5 prospect and he wasn't an especially great athlete? But he was an especially great wrestler...which is what you have to be as the 5th ranked prospect. And I wasn't being disingenuous with regard to Young, I'm being very matter of fact. And the fact is that he was highly recruited high school wrestler and there's a very real chance that he will never excel as an Iowa wrestler, and never finish the season on the podium. And I concur with your assessment on him as a 157 guy. Again, I'm just trying to be real WRT what we have and why we are where we are. So many people want to blame PSU, tOSU or some other school, but we own this...what we have and where we're at is all on us. And I still love the Hawks guys regardless of where we're ranked at the end of the year. But at the same time I'm not going to blame others for whatever ranking we have or wrestlers we have. We chose them and we trained them. And now here we are. We need to focus our energy on improving our team instead of lashing out at others... :) Thanks for your feedback...greatly appreciate it, and I'm being completely sincere.

Brooks DID improve, he went from R12 to 8th to 4th and was a 2x Big Ten Champ. I agree with your synopsis that they need to improve development but that’s a bad example in my opinion.

I loved watching Sammy, both when he conquered as well as when he would do one of his Sammy maneuvers that would inevitably backfire. That said, I would be very surprised if a true Hawk fan ever felt that Sammy reached his true potential based on the end of year results...sadly, it just did not happen. And I'm not bashing Sammy or anyone else.. I'm just saying that we have to take responsibility for the guys we selected and then make them better, vice complaining about what others have and how they manipulated the system - or flat out cheated - to get where they are.

Really? Evans was ranked as the #5 prospect and he wasn't an especially great athlete? But he was an especially great wrestler...which is what you have to be as the 5th ranked prospect. And I wasn't being disingenuous with regard to Young, I'm being very matter of fact. And the fact is that he was highly recruited high school wrestler and there's a very real chance that he will never excel as an Iowa wrestler, and never finish the season on the podium. And I concur with your assessment on him as a 157 guy. Again, I'm just trying to be real WRT what we have and why we are where we are. So many people want to blame PSU, tOSU or some other school, but we own this...what we have and where we're at is all on us. And I still love the Hawks guys regardless of where we're ranked at the end of the year. But at the same time I'm not going to blame others for whatever ranking we have or wrestlers we have. We chose them and we trained them. And now here we are. We need to focus our energy on improving our team instead of lashing out at others... :) Thanks for your feedback...greatly appreciate it, and I'm being completely sincere.
I believe Young is a freshman....it would be very foolish to write him off just yet.

I understand your point but to be fair, every guy he has faced when he got “his ass kicked” filling in at 74 and 65 were pretty highly ranked recruits as well. He has 7 losses this year with 4 being to top 10 recruits (Jordan, Martinez, Sebastian and Valencia) 2 to returning All-Americans (Walsh and Amine) and a SV loss to a returning national qualifier.

And I agree. I almost feel like at times (actually every time) TnT are throwing Young to the wolves and letting Gunther face the softer competition. Not sure whether they're prepping him, testing him or what, but I have noticed the trend. And getting "his ass kicked" was probably not the best term...he's taken hard losses. Still though, sadly I just don't see him breaking through unless he really starts putting on the weight and finding new killer techniques...

I believe Young is a freshman....it would be very foolish to write him off just yet.

I get that he's a RSFR and it's not that I'm mindlessly writing him off...I'm just looking at who we have at the weight classes he could reasonably compete at (unless he starts eating), and how he's wrestled thus far. Based on the fact that TnT are throwing him in there every time we face a ranked 174 pound opponent, I'm convinced that TnT believe that he has the goods or will develop the goods. But sadly thus far this year, we haven't seen what I believe many of us we're hoping to see out of him at 174. And I'm sure his size probably has a lot to do with it. I know if I go back to this year's preseason posts, many of us had him finishing somewhere around 8th-12th, with many seeing him as a low AA. And we're just not there yet...and not close.

Gable is the Greatest...End of Story. Cael has a long way to go before even entering in that conversation.

Also, You are all responsible for the 1929 stock market crash and the start of the great depression. Since Herbert Hoover is from Iowa. I will be wearing nothing but hoover blankets and pulling out my pockets showing my Hoover flags in protest at the match this weekend.:mad::eek:;)

Gable is the Greatest...End of Story. Cael has a long way to go before even entering in that conversation.

Also, You are all responsible for the 1929 stock market crash and the start of the great depression. Since Herbert Hoover is from Iowa. I will be wearing nothing but hoover blankets and pulling out my pockets showing my Hoover flags in protest at the match this weekend.:mad::eek:;)
Lol on the Hoover statement! However, if Henry Wallace wouldn’t have gotten shafted on the Chicago conventions nuclear bombs wouldn’t have been dropped and there probably wouldn’t be such a discrepancy in the distribution of wealth- also an Iowan who was VP for Roosevelt fort 2 terms....Truman the 3rd due to Roosevelt’s ailing health and rich ass businessmen not wanting to continue getting richer- I love history

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye

LMAO!!! :)

He does have a ways to go......27-9-2 in fact.

There is one thing you do so very well and that’s rationalizing your defensive positions on things. You just won a huge meet and your wrestlers performed over an above expectations. Why aren’t you on your site posting all the positives that took place last Sunday? Instead there are more psu posters here than Hawkeye posters. For me if I want to read the psu take on things I woud go to your site, which I have never done and never will do. Your posters must be so very insecure to be here in mass defending everthing you read. Not sure why you would expect to come here and read how great you are. Explanation for your obsession with being on our site must be your insecurity and need to contantly defend. One thing you do accomplish is keeping hawk posters off as many of us are not interested in your defensive, rationalizing rants here. Only other reason the number of psu posters continues to grow here is if your site has been closed or is just so boring no one goes there.

You got me, it's not the multiple Penn State topics or the numerous accusations, truth of the matter is we are in the process of colonizing HR. Once completed, Rivals will consider this forum a vassal of BWI and our slush fund will receive 83% of all monies donated to HWC as tribute.

Reactions: j.reacher
You got me, it's not the multiple Penn State topics or the numerous accusations, truth of the matter is we are in the process of colonizing HR. Once completed, Rivals will consider this forum a vassal of BWI and our slush fund will receive 83% of all monies donated to HWC as tribute.
Funny thing is you wouldn’t even know there were numerous accusations if you weren’t on here in the first place.....explain that?!?!? For all I know PSU site is blaming TNT for Pearl Harbor and you know what I don’t care. The one thing I know for a fact is that prepubescent boys have been historically safer on the U if I campus than at Happy valley.....wait is that why the word happy is in there, to lure kids....omg that’s horrible

I agree Iowa has made some choices that have not helped. I don't blame other teams but I am happy to question their tactics if need be. I don't care what Evans was ranked, he was a plodder who battled very hard, not an especially great athlete.

Thank you for proving my point. If you believe that Iowa is still the “Center of USA wrestling” you are the perfect example of what I’m talking about.

IOWA will be back on TOP shortly, we will all still be here and you will crawl back under the rock you came from!!! BOOK IT!!!![/QUOTE]

Dp you have a cousin or brother in Pennsylvania? goes by various handles like 21 guns? Just asking.

Reactions: Blackcat97

IOWA will be back on TOP shortly, we will all still be here and you will crawl back under the rock you came from!!! BOOK IT!!!!

Iowa hasn't won in 8 years. Most of today's recruits don't remember Iowa ever winning a National Championship. They will likely be 4th in their conference this year. They have 1 guy currently associated with their program who is competitive on the world stage, 2 if you count Spencer Lee (which I think is fair).
Sorry man, Iowa is not the central of the wrestling universe anymore, and they haven't been for sometime. I think a big part of Iowa not getting as many blue-chip recruits recently is that a lot of people within/around the program believed they still were the center of universe, and that people would be tripping over themselves to come to Iowa. Clearly, this is no longer the case. I do believe that the folks in power have now recognized this and are working to correct it. If you watch interviews which i'm sure you do as a "hardcore" fan...it is pretty clear that Iowa is actively trying to do a better job marketing. Which was my original point.

I come to this board because it is the best/most populated board for wrestling discussion and i enjoy good wrestling conversation.
Last post on this topic, have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

You sound like the other guy.

You’d better step your game up, Elvis has risen from the dead and is on the attack.

I’m just a smartass. Bwi and audibles has a fellow that went by 21guns. He’d fight you in a Scheetz parking lot, or wrestle you or whatever .

Most over the top guys tend to sound like him.

I’m just a smartass. Bwi and audibles has a fellow that went by 21guns. He’d fight you in a Scheetz parking lot, or wrestle you or whatever .

Most over the top guys tend to sound like him.
For anyone wondering...it’s Sheetz. They are like our WalMart of gas station/convenience stores..

For anyone wondering...it’s Sheetz. They are like our WalMart of gas station/convenience stores..

Sorry , misspelled it. Maybe I should have said WaWa?

For those who aren’t familiar with that, it’s basically Sheetz but a chain around Philadelphia.

Flying Tiger knows Iowa's recruiting of top talent is nowhere near PSU's. He makes up stats, exaggerates, using arbitrary cutoffs to support his claim.

Let's take the "Iowa has had 3 #1 classes in 7 years."

Here's how Earl's d1 site ranks the recruiting classes:

2009 Iowa 5 PSU 8
2010 Iowa 1 PSU 2
2011 Iowa 20 PSU 4
2012 Iowa 1 PSU17
2013 Iowa 6 PSU 7
2014 Iowa 9 PSU 1
2015 Iowa 10 PSU 20
2016 Iowa 3 PSU 2
2017 Iowa 2 PSU 3

So for starters, that's 2 #1 classes for Iowa in the last 9 years. FT is not too far off, saying 3 in 7 years, but still incorrect. But look deeper.

As MVP and Pablow pointed out, ncaa points correlate highly with getting top tier wrestlers.... a few top 10 type guys, not 4 or 5 guys ranked between 30 and 100. FLO (nomad) has emphasized this point recently, and hopefully the recruiting ratings will weight things more appropriately in the future.

Sidenote - 2016 shows PSU at only #2, despite getting 3 top 5 guys - all world Hall, Suriano and Manville. NC St got more top 100 guys, so they got #1 class rank. Pretty laughable.

Looking at top 10 guys recruited we see a different picture than the class rankings above.

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - 6 years consecutively, and Iowa got only 1 top 10 guy (Evans).

During that time PSU got 11 guys (Taylor, Ruth, A Alton, D Alton, McIntosh, Gulibon, Retherford, Nolf, Nevills, Nickal).

That's 1 vs 11.

FT likes to ignore those kinds of facts and likes to mention Iowa's #1 ranked 2012 class. That class had Skon as their highest recruit (#15), and as everyone knows, he never wrestled for Iowa. Details.

Continuing, looking at more recent years:

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Iowa has 4 top 10's (Kemerer, Marinelli, Lee, Warner). That's an improvement, but PSU doubles that, with 8 top tens Joseph, Hall, Suriano, Manville, N Lee, Berge, Brooks, Beard (Teasdale and RBY just barely outside top 10).

In summary, PSU has been killing it, recruiting wise, when looking at the most meaningful stats.... getting very elite wrestlers. Winning 4 state titles in class A Iowa or getting 6 wrestlers in the top 150 is fine, but less meaningful.

I think most people including PSU fans know this already, and I'm sure FT does as well, but his anti-Iowa stance won't allow for anything other than 'Cael is a god' at developing mediocre talent into AA's and champions.

Reactions: Dagboi
reaching out early.
Offering them club money on recruiting trips.
Overpaying summer camps with club money.
Using burner phones to reach out to recruits earlier and more often than they are suppose to.
Unwarranted academic scholarships.
Just to name a few tactics

And you know this because?

Folks, I like reading this board a lot, though I don't post often. However, the lengths that some go to to denigrate Cael Sanderson is really astonishing. Is Cael in Dan Gable's class? No. He's got a long, long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Gable. Is Cael the best Coach in college wrestling today? I don't see how anyone can reasonably argue otherwise given the records and results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT