ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Analyst: Iowa is a dream school for athletic forwards; so many EASY baskets

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

And look at the forwards who have played under Fran:

Current Iowa Career Scoring List (Updated January 7, 2022):

#3 Aaron White...1,859 (4 yrs: 2012-2015, 140 GP, .517 FG%, 13.3 ppg; 61 three pt goals)

#22 Tyler Cook...1,315 (3 yrs: 2017-2019, 93 GP, .542 FG%, 14.1 ppg; 3 three pt goals)

#23 Jarrod Uthoff...1,298 (3 yrs: 2014-2016, 100 GP, .450 FG%, 13.0 ppg; 137 three pt goals)

#24 Joe Wieskamp...1,283 (3 yrs: 2019-2021, 97 GP, .467 FG%, 13.2 ppg; 184 three pt goals)

For many years one of the knocks on Fran was he didn’t put players in the NBA. With Cook, Weiskamp, Garza and now Murray that is turning into a strength. I think we’ve seen an uptick in the quality of recruits that are looking at us since Garza was NPOY. I’m thinking Murray being a top 10 pick will amplify that effect.

Big deal if Iowa puts guys in the NBA. Win conference championship and games in the NCAA's if we are now getting such elite talent. Need tonites game badly, it will an inferno around here if we lose to the fighting Woodsons.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
AccurateTautBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Well we have the best post feeder around in Connor as well.
was just looking at some of his stats over his career. This guy just keeps getting worse as time goes on. Actually looked to have had a decent year as a sophomore but he does nothing anymore. Wish fran would stop playing him already.

Reactions: topherchris20
Fresh take on the subject.

Well, you can’t deny the fan base is slowly waking up to the fact that the Poop Show Supervisor is an idiot?

that’s how these things happen. The fringe fans spot a problem and bitch about it. Gradually others say they see it too. Eventually, practically the whole fan base claims they “have always known” of this shortcoming. That’s how we get rid of him. If you don’t want him gone by now, you will soon enough…

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks10
For many years one of the knocks on Fran was he didn’t put players in the NBA. With Cook, Weiskamp, Garza and now Murray that is turning into a strength. I think we’ve seen an uptick in the quality of recruits that are looking at us since Garza was NPOY. I’m thinking Murray being a top 10 pick will amplify that effect.
He still makes far too many head scratching decisions with personnel and minutes.

Fresh take on the subject.
I have noticed it but I was looking at some stats today and can’t believe how much he’s dropped off and continues to get worse. I know he just had his hips replaced but it’s unreal how much he’s dropped off. It’s really sad that Fran keeps playing him.

Reactions: topherchris20
Factory is ramping up production.

Need to get the winning production back on track though. That starts tonight!

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Well, you can’t deny the fan base is slowly waking up to the fact that the Poop Show Supervisor is an idiot?

that’s how these things happen. The fringe fans spot a problem and bitch about it. Gradually others say they see it too. Eventually, practically the whole fan base claims they “have always known” of this shortcoming. That’s how we get rid of him. If you don’t want him gone by now, you will soon enough…
Don't hold your breath! The fans have no say in this matter as long as McCaffery keeps winning 20 games every year and finishing in the top half of the B1G. Barta would never fire him.

Bye.

• Love
Reactions: Pepperman
Well we have the best post feeder around in Connor as well.
was just looking at some of his stats over his career. This guy just keeps getting worse as time goes on. Actually looked to have had a decent year as a sophomore but he does nothing anymore. Wish fran would stop playing him already.
It cracked me up when Rafferty stated last night how wonderful it was to watch Connor post feed Garza last year.

values leaking out over sound defensive principles, so it's no surprise.

Actually, it is surprising you are crediting leak outs given that Joe W averaged 5.5 defensive rebounds per game last season, 7th in the Big 10 across all positions, and probably 2nd or 3rd among true forwards.

1Kofi Cockburn (Illinois)6.1
2Wagner,Franz (Michigan)5.8
3Jackson-Davis,Trayce (Indiana)5.8
4Nance,Pete (Northwestern)5.8
5Garza,Luka (Iowa)5.7
6Johnson,Myles (Rutgers)5.6
7Wieskamp,Joe (Iowa)5.5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT