ADVERTISEMENT

Cade at Happy Valley

psu has really good cbs. getting anything down the sidelines is going to be really tough with the gliders cade launches. brian's going to have to call a very intelligent game to keep the offense going.

Let’s look at Cade’s interceptions. Nico literally had somebody pull him to the ground while making the interception against ISU. Shouldn’t have been a pick.
Guy makes a great one handed interception early yesterday. Tip your hat.
The pick before half was probably the worst, so that was deserved, but guy still made a nice play.
I can’t even begin to explain what our interceptions were like in person at Ohio State in the first half last season.

tenor.gif

If they somehow can run the ball anything similar to week prior, it won’t matter who is the qb. So pipe dream should probably be on the offensive line being gamers or not. And maybe cades leg will hold up for one play action roll out.

He'll need to play with more confidence than he did yesterday. Lots of hesitations, double clutches, late throws.
Yep, the tv experts said the timing was off on the first INT where cade planted his foot and started to throw, double clutched (maybe Ragaini was open yet or in place, but what ever that made his throw lead the defender to that area and a little behind Nico who was open with position in front of the Dback.

I was more worried about the two passes he really airmailed unless he was throwing them away.

His mobility concerns me a lot. I think his injury affected his play quite a bit yesterday. I hate to say it, but establishing the run is key to winning this game.

But I am glad they played Illinois a week beforehand. Illinois is like Iowa-lite in many regards. Hoping Kirk and Co. can analyze that game thoroughly and come up with something, because Mr. Perfect Drew Allar didn't look like the "best QB in Ped State history" yesterday. We need to apply constant pressure on him to throw off their offense.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Cade had a much better team overall around him when he won at Happy Valley. Not to mention he wasn’t hobbled. That’s obviously why they play the game but I haven’t been impressed with the passing game.

The run game looked good, but did it look good because the OL is actually starting to figure it out or because the caliber of defense they were playing was sub par?

Looking at the stats from the PSU @ Illinois it was an even game on the state line except the Turnovers by Illinois….if Iowa doesn’t turn the ball over and can move the ball like Illinois did could be a very close game or win.

Cade is a gamer. Saturday night is a big game. He’s won there before. He is going to play well and show up. Book it.
Love the optimism....and I sure hope you're right!

Cade is a gamer for sure. I respect the effort he is making. That said....IMO, his injury is not getting better. And, he isnt as talented as many of us wish him to be. Bad combination....an injured QB that has limited mobility and isnt elite otherwise = similar performance to that of Spencer Petras. That will make for a tough evening next Saturday night.

In any case, I'll be cheering and hoping all game for a Hawkeye victory!

I thought he looked as bad health wise as he’s looked this far. And it was evident very early on. Makes me think he’s not being honest with the staff as he said early in the week it’s getting better all the time or something to that effect.

I'm thinking he's remembering how we knocked out his QB and hope's he can neutralize Cade.
Honest question: Given Cade's performance through 3 games...and considering the apparent impact of his injury...do you think Franklin is really focused on neutralizing Cade? I'm betting he's focused on stuffing the run game. He's probably thinking "stuff the run game, take care of the ball, score 14 points...game over".

I guess that's my way of saying that if we can run the ball we have a decent shot at being in the game to the end. Being in the game at the end means...a decent chance to win.

Am I the only Iowa fan who thinks we're going to get absolutely smoked? I'd be as happy as the next guy if we happened to pull out a win, but I think our OL is gonna get absolutely demolished, and our D hasn't shown me enough to believe they can stop PSU consistently. IMO, this one has a white-out blowout written all over it. Heck -- I'm just hoping Cade gets out of this game able to play the next week. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but I'm fully expecting a rout.

WWDMHawkeye asked: "Am I the only Iowa fan who thinks we're going to get absolutely smoked?"

Unfortunately WWDM, I see this as you do. I hope with all my heart I'm wrong. But it was obvious WMich was actually awful. And they made our D look bad several times which was not what we're used to seeing. Our offense is better but I still think they're a month away from being serviceable, especially against a top D like PedoSt. We're going to have to see.. well.. a lot of things we haven't to stay in this game. I fear this will be closer to tosu last year than PSU 2 yrs a go. Again I hope I'm 200% wrong. GO HAWKS!

Am I the only Iowa fan who thinks we're going to get absolutely smoked? I'd be as happy as the next guy if we happened to pull out a win, but I think our OL is gonna get absolutely demolished, and our D hasn't shown me enough to believe they can stop PSU consistently. IMO, this one has a white-out blowout written all over it. Heck -- I'm just hoping Cade gets out of this game able to play the next week. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but I'm fully expecting a rout.
The team I watched vs Illinois on Saturday was nothing special. THEY should of smoked Illinois who had 5 turnovers. The PSU QB can be rattled.

Iowa always plays PSU tough and I don't expect anything different this time. PSU will probably win with it being a home game for them, but it won't be a blowout at all. GO HAWKS!!!

The team I watched vs Illinois on Saturday was nothing special. THEY should of smoked Illinois who had 5 turnovers. The PSU QB can be rattled.
Do you really think PSU showed all their artellary vs Illinois,,,knowing their facing us next week I don't,

Do you really think PSU showed all their artellary vs Illinois,,,knowing their facing us next week I don't,
I think it's funny when fans argue that their team is holding back all of their best plays for the next game. Coaches always do that. 🤪

Reactions: Ree4
Honest question: Given Cade's performance through 3 games...and considering the apparent impact of his injury...do you think Franklin is really focused on neutralizing Cade? I'm betting he's focused on stuffing the run game. He's probably thinking "stuff the run game, take care of the ball, score 14 points...game over".

I guess that's my way of saying that if we can run the ball we have a decent shot at being in the game to the end. Being in the game at the end means...a decent chance to wiwin.

Of course this is what they're thinking.

I guess that's my way of saying that if we can run the ball we have a decent shot at being in the game to the end. Being in the game at the end means...a decent chance to win.
Any defensive coordinator who doesn’t make stopping the run vs Iowa their number one priority probably shouldn’t remain a DC for long.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT