ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara News & Updates.

He's also the closest thing to Stanley we've had size wise, (even bigger) and Nate was a tank.....
Nate Chandler was 6’7” 250# and actually had a pretty good set of wheels. Probably would’ve been a pretty good TE.

Good stuff Franny, thanks for sharing.
Chad's pod is well done, a must listen for me every week on Tuesday, then the KXNO one on Wed night and then the Legends and Listeners with Dochterman on Thursdays, those are excellent sources for Hawk news and tidbits on your walk, run or just driving around!

Reactions: Franisdaman
Good stuff Franny, thanks for sharing.
Chad's pod is well done, a must listen for me every week on Tuesday, then the KXNO one on Wed night and then the Legends and Listeners with Dochterman on Thursdays, those are excellent sources for Hawk news and tidbits on your walk, run or just driving around!

Yeah, I think Chad is a good, trusted journalist. Tyler, the new guy at the Register, seems really good, too

Chad and Scott podcast--what a great idea that was!

So was it a strained quad or something? Hasn't been much for details.

Hoping we build a lead and can pull Cade in the 3rd quarter. Something that KF coached teams have rarely done, but this feels like a situation that you get him his reps... build a lead and get him another week to heal up.

So was it a strained quad or something? Hasn't been much for details.

Hoping we build a lead and can pull Cade in the 3rd quarter. Something that KF coached teams have rarely done, but this feels like a situation that you get him his reps... build a lead and get him another week to heal up.
According to everyone, yes, quad.

Every time Cade runs today:

Wincing GIFs | Tenor

Reactions: Whinny
"Going after Cooper, X, and Schulte, and probably Harris"

Trent Condon says 2 of these guys are gonna be suspended... hopefully we find out today who 2 of the 4 are.

I gotta plead dumb on this... I was thinking the 2 that have yet to mentioned were Jack Johnson and Aaron Blom
Trent condon is a bald faced liar who will make stuff up to get attention. He made up this story and added tight ends to it as well. He is slime.

He looked more gimpy in 2nd half will this be another Beathard type thing week to week or will we rest him? Probably needs 2-3 weeks to fully heal but what do I know....

@uihawk82 @WWDMHawkeye

You posted that hadn't heard anything official about Cade's injury. After rumors were dismissed, Cade's injury has always been the quad; it has nothing to do with a knee joint (or a knee ligament). You mentioned that you hope he can get a lot of good treatment; that has been the case since the Kid's Day practice, when he went down. And, yes, his quad has been wrapped since the injury occurred.

This is post #475. Scroll up THIS PAGE to post #458, where Adam Rittenberg of ESPN wrote that "he returned to practice last week from a QUAD INJURY."

Then read the posts that follow. For example, post #467 has an 8 1/2 minute video of Cade, postgame. Cade discusses his first game as a Hawkeye and his quad muscle.

In post #470 you will see that KF said postgame that Cade's injury is something that's going to be week to week.

Hope that clears everything up for you!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
@uihawk82 @WWDMHawkeye

You posted that hadn't heard anything official about Cade's injury. After rumors were dismissed, Cade's injury has always been the quad; it has nothing to do with a knee joint (or a knee ligament). You mentioned that you hope he can get a lot of good treatment; that has been the case since the Kid's Day practice, when he went down. And, yes, his quad has been wrapped since the injury occurred.

This is post #475. Scroll up THIS PAGE to post #458, where Adam Rittenberg of ESPN wrote that "he returned to practice last week from a QUAD INJURY."

Then read the posts that follow. For example, post #467 has an 8 1/2 minute video of Cade, postgame. Cade discusses his first game as a Hawkeye and his quad muscle.

In post #470 you will see that KF said postgame that Cade's injury is something that's going to be week to week.

Thanks, man! Most importantly, I hope it’s 100% darn soon. Cade is clearly a great leader and has clearly bought in at Iowa and is giving his best to right the ship on offense (and I’m sure he’d love to get a chance at knocking off Michigan in Indy). I wish him the best.

@uihawk82 @WWDMHawkeye

Good info, and as I typed "SIAP" and I usually do not get to post #100 in most threads. haha, but thanks.

• Love
Good info, and as I typed "SIAP" and I usually do not get to post #100 in most threads. haha, but thanks.

I knew you and @WWDMHawkeye were worried about his knee and just wanted to point you in the right direction.

And what follows is very telling about Michigan.

In Dec, 2022, Cade did his first interview and he discussed his patella tendon & MCL injuries, both of which Michigan advised against having surgery (he didn't listen to their advice). The podcast is linked at the end of this post.

The take aways:

* He was voted captain by his Michigan teammates in the fall of 2022; the day after, Harblow announced to the team that Cade would start the 1st game and JJ the 2nd game

* Game 3 is when he messed up his knee/MCL. When evaluated, the doctors discovered a torn patella tendon (this injury happened the PREVIOUS SEASON vs Michigan State). Cade looked at the YEAR OLD MRI results and was shown that the doctors missed the patella tendon tear from a year ago. Nevertheless, Cade was advised by Michigan to not get the surgery! Cade, instead, listened to his doctor in LA and got the surgery.

* Cade said that Michigan is not paying players through any collectives right now. And they still make the CFP for the 2nd year in a row.

* Cade said he's coming to Iowa to win a B1G Championship.

* What excites him about Iowa? He's played Iowa & knows the reputation Iowa has. Cade said Iowa will always have a top 5 defense in the country.

* The coaches made it very clear to Cade that they are very aware that they need to change. What changes? Cade said the Iowa coaches want to open it up, create more explosive passing plays and actually rely on the passing game. Cade said the coaches know they have been carried by the Defense; they want to flip the script on that.

* Cade is well aware of how Iowa's offense is viewed nationally; he wants to come in and totally flip the narrative.

The entire interview:

Reactions: F5n5 and hawkosx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT