ADVERTISEMENT

Call It - Next Year's WTT Final

57: Gilman over NATO. I think the young bucks stay in their age group for now.
61: Clark over Ramos with a series of guts, 10-0.
65: Retherford over Sorensen who is going to be a beast in freestyle. Zain takes it on criteria.
70: IMar (HWC rep) over Green.
74: Burroughs over Ringer.
79: Dake over Hall.
86: Taylor vs PD3. Taylor wins but PD3 is right there and closes the gap. After a last second challenge Perry hits the official with a challenge block and Flowrestling runs a 3 hour special analyzing whether he should be banned for life.
92: Cox vs Moore maybe? Cox wins.
97: Snyder over Burak- 2 for one odds so why not.
125: Gwiz over Nelson.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
OK, please accept my lack of knowledge on this... Did Stiebler say the new weigh in rules would cause him to move up to 65kg? If not, I wold put my money on him to continue to own the 61kg weight class for the Worlds.
VHSALUM wrote "...who at the senior level can stop his trap arm gut? Gilman? Maybe?"--
A trapped arm gut is pretty much impossible for anyone to stop if the person on top has any skills at all... While Fix is nothing short of a phenom, he is still only 19 years old, and the likes of Gilman and Tomato may be a bigger hill to climb than expected. Snyder, with what he has done since turning 19 is remarkable, but I am not quite yet ready to put Fix at that level yet... Perhaps my man crush on Thomas Gilman has caused me to unconsciously conclude others at that weight are not at that level yet.

OK, please accept my lack of knowledge on this... Did Stiebler say the new weigh in rules would cause him to move up to 65kg? If not, I wold put my money on him to continue to own the 61kg weight class for the Worlds.
VHSALUM wrote "...who at the senior level can stop his trap arm gut? Gilman? Maybe?"--
A trapped arm gut is pretty much impossible for anyone to stop if the person on top has any skills at all... While Fix is nothing short of a phenom, he is still only 19 years old, and the likes of Gilman and Tomato may be a bigger hill to climb than expected. Snyder, with what he has done since turning 19 is remarkable, but I am not quite yet ready to put Fix at that level yet... Perhaps my man crush on Thomas Gilman has caused me to unconsciously conclude others at that weight are not at that level yet.

Stieber is a classy guy. He didn't want to make excuses, but in his interview he admitted that the weight cut wasn't easy. I'm sure he goes up.

re: Fix. We are getting younger and younger with our Senior level reps. You're going to see it more and more with the way that the developmental program is. It's Fix's set up to his trap arm that is truly beautiful. and he can gut you to the right if you crash your hip down too hard fighting his arm bar. I don't know what level Fix is at in relation to Gilman, but I would bet it's close. Like I said, he'll be another year better. My money is still on the World Silver Medalist though!

Right now I would not predict any of them to make our senior team next year, but all of our Junior World champions are right there with the best guys at their weight in America. It would not shock me if any of them would make the senior team next year. In order Of most to least likely I'd go Fix, Gable, Hall.

Stieber is a classy guy. He didn't want to make excuses, but in his interview he admitted that the weight cut wasn't easy. I'm sure he goes up.

re: Fix. We are getting younger and younger with our Senior level reps. You're going to see it more and more with the way that the developmental program is. It's Fix's set up to his trap arm that is truly beautiful. and he can gut you to the right if you crash your hip down too hard fighting his arm bar. I don't know what level Fix is at in relation to Gilman, but I would bet it's close. Like I said, he'll be another year better. My money is still on the World Silver Medalist though!

Who is this "Stieber" guy everyone keeps mentioning? Does he really have the credentials to be mentioned in World/Olympic discussions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT