ADVERTISEMENT

Can one of you god folk…

I think natural law is part of God's plan since it coincides with human nature.
How convenient that anything you can't describe through dogma just becomes "God's will." At its face, the whole idea of God is just such nonsense to me. I understand that it's important to you, and I don't mean to belittle that, but it's just so easy to explain trying to control people's lives to get the church more power by just saying, "Ope, God's will again! Child got cancer? He's got a plan! Tsunami killed 1 hundred thousand? They're in a better place now! Now everybody tithe!"

Killing can be permitted in self defense or to protect innocent people. Sometimes, it's morally required.

People like Ted Bundy or ISIS that kill innocent people don't qualify.
But ISIS was doing it in the name of THEIR version of God. Why is your interpretation of God's will more important than theirs?

How convenient that anything you can't describe through dogma just becomes "God's will." At its face, the whole idea of God is just such nonsense to me. I understand that it's important to you, and I don't mean to belittle that, but it's just so easy to explain trying to control people's lives to get the church more power by just saying, "Ope, God's will again! Child got cancer? He's got a plan! Tsunami killed 1 hundred thousand? They're in a better place now! Now everybody tithe!"

I understand. Most Americans are atheists now.

But God's just willing to let a malevolent Devil twist human minds? While He does nothing? Why wouldn't He at least take that part out of the equation?

Because humans are allowed to our free will.

Would you rather be a puppet?

Also, God could have intervened countless times and we wouldn't know this side of the veil.

Because humans are allowed to our free will.

Would you rather be a puppet?

Also, God could have intervened countless times and we wouldn't know this side of the veil.
Here's the thing that you've probably guessed, I don't believe in God. I'm not a puppet because He allows me to have free will, praise Jesus. I'm not a puppet because there isn't an invisible sky man who had that option. I wouldn't be so pissed about it, but your friends, the evangelical loonies, are trying to control most of my life, and even more of my girlfriend's life. So while you can sit comfortably and happy behind your beliefs that everything is hunky dory, I'd be quite happy if I never had to have this argument again. But I will, because they'll keep whittling away at my rights every chance they get based on a fantasy.

4 percent of Americans are atheists.
15b7a02f957fb2abb1966ed50707524733f7f4d1.gif

Here's the thing that you've probably guessed, I don't believe in God. I'm not a puppet because He allows me to have free will, praise Jesus. I'm not a puppet because there isn't an invisible sky man who had that option. I wouldn't be so pissed about it, but your friends, the evangelical loonies, are trying to control most of my life, and even more of my girlfriend's life. So while you can sit comfortably and happy behind your beliefs that everything is hunky dory, I'd be quite happy if I never had to have this argument again. But I will, because they'll keep whittling away at my rights every chance they get based on a fantasy.

OK.

…explain why people say “contraception is next” when it comes to the post RvW war?…
Being the only people I’ve heard say that phrase are the fearmongering activists who seem to think abortion is the most important issue of the upcoming election, I’m not sure why the OP would title the thread as he/she did.

Being the only people I’ve heard say that phrase are the fearmongering activists who seem to think abortion is the most important issue of the upcoming election, I’m not sure why the OP would title the thread as he/she did.

If you do not understand, it appears I cannot make it any easier for you friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT