ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain why childless, single working women is a bad thing?

The cool part here is that this is solely your opinion. You see not having children as selfish. I see it as just another life choice in a long list of life choices everyone can make. There's no selfishness in living life how you want to live it. I don't like babies/toddlers. At no point in my life have I ever wanted one. Do I owe America one? **** no, I don't.

Anyone that thinks people "owe" or "need to contribute" a child to society has a very dumb, narrow minded view on things.

Society relies upon people contributing to it. If people decide to stop contributing it at best fails to live up to what it should be doing and at worst falls.

My problem with boomers was the constant tax cuts they voted themselves while watching the problems pile up for young people then deciding they still need another tax cut.

Their parents laid down a foundation of relatively inexpensive post secondary education and affordable housing. Boomers collectively took that, decided not to fund post secondary education and took the extra money they got from tax cuts to buy investment and rental homes, left very little homes for their children to buy. Then voted themselves another tax cut because they still didn't feel like they had enough.

637369424c78eacbca7006b5_dfb880ce-b860-4130-a5b0-3c87d4ba6c65.jpeg
we are in a worm bin

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
A woman that doesn't want kids to me is a little weird.

A lady I work with didn't want kids and she's weird AF.

Her sister never had kids either and she says her sister is very eccentric. That's saying something coming from her.

The lady I work with is the most liberal man hating woman I've ever been around. She's the type that would root for the "male" swimmer competing against females even though she hates everything to do with sports.

Even though she didn't want kids she ended up having two daughters as her now ex husband wanted kids.

Weirdest kids I've ever seen. One is a lesbian and the other wants to be a lesbian or trans, not sure what she's decided yet this week. Every week her hair is a different color.

Leave it to this lady to not have one single straight kid. She raised these girls to hate their dad and most men so go figure they want to be lesbians.

WEIRD.

I agree about their insular cultures being a hurt to them. But I don't think we should be putting all our eggs into that basket.

As far as cost I believe the government should subsidize it more to make it more attractive. However I personally think that it would be better for people to give themselves a purpose. Living your life just to have the most fun you can have seems pretty shallow and empty.
Lol…that’s dumb. We have two kids. That’s below replacement numbers. We’ve done all kinds of fun things with them over the years but my wife and I also have over 67 years in public school classrooms between us. We’ve impacted far more children than we possibly could have had one of us not worked. My wife taught two generations of children to read - as in she literally taught her first students’ children. How’s that for a “purpose”? If you and your SO want to devote your lives and resources to your handful, more power to you. Don’t denigrate people who make different choices.

How about this? No, people who don't want kids or are shitty parents shouldn't have kids out of obligation because the country needs it. At the same time, those families that do want more kids and are good parents and will contribute to providing the next generation, that our country does things that incentivizes and rewards it and makes it less burdensome to do so.
I think VP Harris has some plans for this.

Her sister never had kids either and she says her sister is very eccentric. That's saying something coming from her.

The lady I work with is the most liberal man hating woman I've ever been around. She's the type that would root for the "male" swimmer competing against females even though she hates everything to do with sports.

Even though she didn't want kids she ended up having two daughters as her now ex husband wanted kids.

Weirdest kids I've ever seen. One is a lesbian and the other wants to be a lesbian or trans, not sure what she's decided yet this week. Every week her hair is a different color.

Leave it to this lady to not have one single straight kid. She raised these girls to hate their dad and most men so go figure they want to be lesbians.

WEIRD.
Brad Keselowski Thumbs Up GIF by NASCAR

WEIRD.
Maybe she only hates the men she works with.

Is there only one way to contribute to society? Lol wtf kind of post is this. You're making yourself look foolish in this thread, man.

No there are a lot of ways but society also needs a lot of different contributions. What if half the people decided to stop paying their taxes? Society would crash. We'd never be able to chase them all down because there would be too many and the taxes of the half that did pay their taxes couldn't make up for the short fall.

Too many people are deciding not to contribute by creating a next generation.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
My problem with boomers was the constant tax cuts they voted themselves while watching the problems pile up for young people then deciding they still need another tax cut.

Their parents laid down a foundation of relatively inexpensive post secondary education and affordable housing. Boomers collectively took that, decided not to fund post secondary education and took the extra money they got from tax cuts to buy investment and rental homes, left very little homes for their children to buy. Then voted themselves another tax cut because they still didn't feel like they had enough.

637369424c78eacbca7006b5_dfb880ce-b860-4130-a5b0-3c87d4ba6c65.jpeg
This is highly misleading because Gen X and Millenials haven't had the same amount of time to build their wealth.

Seems your main motivation is to get more child tax credits for those who have kids, and I agree with that. We need to take care of the kids we already have, first and foremost.

The shaming of those not having children and fantasy that this will solve the birthrate issue is utter nonsense.

No there are a lot of ways but society also needs a lot of different contributions. What if half the people decided to stop paying their taxes? Society would crash. We'd never be able to chase them all down because there would be too many and the taxes of the half that did pay their taxes couldn't make up for the short fall.

So now having children is like paying taxes?

There will never be a time that half of the US population just decides to stop paying taxes. Making up an impossible fictional scenario doesn't help you prove any sort of point whatsoever.

I don't think people need to have kids, because what if a gigantic asteroid hits the earth and destroys it? Then nothing matters. So therefore, people don't need to have kids.

See how silly that is?

JFC. What if the robots take over? They don't pay taxes?

You're off the deep end.

Reactions: McLovin32
So now having children is like paying taxes?

It is a moral equal in some ways. Both are required by society as society doesn't survive without them.

Legally one is a choice and one is a requirement. However society depends upon both. So people choosing to not do one of them is going to cause massive problems in the future.

JFC. What if the robots take over? They don't pay taxes?

You're off the deep end.

The robots arn't going to take over. We've been asking that question for 60 years now and each time it's only lead to just different jobs humans have to do. It's made is infinitely more productive but it's never taken away the need for human efforts.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
It is a moral equal in some ways. Both are required by society as society doesn't survive without them.

Legally one is a choice and one is a requirement. However society depends upon both. So people choosing to not do one of them is going to cause massive problems in the future.
Won't there be far fewer people to take care of once the Boomer population dies off? And how is having babies now going to help take care of Boomers over the next 20 years?

Are you claiming the reason you and your wife decided to have children was simply to contribute to society not your desire to raise a family together? Society depends on a lot more than just people replacing themselves. There are a lot of people replacing themselves many times over without contributing hardly anything to the society at large.

The robots arn't going to take over. We've been asking that question for 60 years now and each time it's only lead to just different jobs humans have to do. It's made is infinitely more productive but it's never taken away the need for human efforts.
FFS - and half the population isn't going to revolt and stop paying taxes. That's the point.

Why can't immigration be a solution to your dilemma. Why does it have to be more births? Wasn't it the Baby Boom that created this predicament?

You couldn’t have any kids of your own because you’re an insufferable low T loser. You got cucked by a fat white woman into raising her children created by a worthless black man.
OH DAMN DA FOOKING HITMAN IS PISSED OFF ABOUT DA KITTY KAT LADIES AND HE'S READY TO TAKE OUT MORE OF YOU LOONY RADICAL LIBTAHD LOSAHS WHO DON'T WANT TO HAVE DA KIDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE YOU FOOKING MARXISTS WOULDN'T HAVE LOW T IF YOU BOTHERED TO GET OUT OF DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES AND QUIT EATING LOADS OF SEMEN AND SOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU'RE SITTING THERE LIKE A BETA CUCK WATCHING YOUR TRANNY WIFE GET BANGED BY DA BLACKS YOU CAN CRACK OPEN AN ICE COLD CAN OF SPRITE AND KNOW YOU COULD HAVE BEEN A REAL MAN AND LEARNED TO LOVE DA MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INSTEAD YOU'RE GOING TO BE PUT IN DA LIBTAHD COMMUNIST LABOR CAMPS WHEN TRUMP TAKES OVER AND GET BUSY BUILDING DA CASSVILLE BRIDGE THAT THOSE OF US IN DA SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't there be far fewer people to take care of once the Boomer population dies off? And how is having babies now going to help take care of Boomers over the next 20 years?

It will continue to be a problem for every generation that has fewer kids than members turning old.

Immigration can help keep the problem in check until that dries up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT