ADVERTISEMENT

Cesspool Film Rankings and Thinkings

It really is. I never got into subtitled movie or TV shows until Narcos Mexico came around. Same with British shows…Peaky Blinders converted me.
They at least mix in enough English to keep you in it. If it were all subtitles it would be too hard to stay focused for most. You would then end up with a dubbed version and most can’t handle that…

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
Not sure if this one was hit, but just watched Mud, with MM (McConaughy, not Mesenbrink). I mean . . . wow. Not only McC (one of his best), but equally elevated by the two child actors playing Ellis and Neckbone (helluva nickname). This tale of two southern kids helping a heartbroke felon get back to a girl (Reese With) he can’t see the white trash in is too good to miss . . . though I managed to do so over 10 years ;).

Reactions: Trapper85
Shogun is legit…
I started watching Shōgun.

See how I did my ō (QPQ).

I think I would prefer all subtitles (even for the English). I don't understand why the Portuguese aren't speaking Portuguese with subtitles. Why is it that there are only subtitles when a character speaks Japanese? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Guess I never was the half-assed type (entirely ass, or none at all).

I started watching Shōgun.

See how I did my ō (QPQ).

I think I would prefer all subtitles (even for the English). I don't understand why the Portuguese aren't speaking Portuguese with subtitles. Why is it that there are only subtitles when a character speaks Japanese? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Guess I never was the half-assed type (entirely ass, or none at all).
It would have been too much. Portuguese and Japanese subtitles, also with english speaking. Good decision by the showrunners.

Now have you finished it? Gloriously understated and fulfliling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT