ADVERTISEMENT

Cesspool Film Rankings and Thinkings

Soooo. yeah. No new wrestling news.

If you guys haven't checked out Foundation on Apple TV+ - do so. Could have been SO BAD. but they did a really good job and the acting/dialogue is pretty good.

Top 4 sitcoms of all time (in order)

1. Seinfeld
2. Schitts Creek
3. I Love Lucy
4. The Office
Northern Exposure was the best of TV programming, imo.

Reactions: vhsalum
Soooo. yeah. No new wrestling news.

If you guys haven't checked out Foundation on Apple TV+ - do so. Could have been SO BAD. but they did a really good job and the acting/dialogue is pretty good.

Top 4 sitcoms of all time (in order)

1. Seinfeld
2. Schitts Creek
3. I Love Lucy
4. The Office
Agreed. Foundation is very solid. I love the fact they are so far into the future. Humans now inhabit so many planets, across so many galaxies, that they are so far passed their origins and only make 1 slight reference to Earth possibly being the planet where humanity started.

Agreed. Foundation is very solid. I love the fact they are so far into the future. Humans now inhabit so many planets, across so many galaxies, that they are so far passed their origins and only make 1 slight reference to Earth possibly being the planet where humanity started.
That was a pretty cool Easter Egg.

I really love the thought of the Genetic Dynasty. Such a cool concept and an egregious display of hubris.

Thanks, bruh. How are you being?
Good. Thanks for asking. Spent the end of February thru April in a Las Vegas public school volunteering in 4th grade.

I watched B1Gs and NCAAs, but little time to post. Also, seems bad form to post, piling on.

I only wish I would've let @MSU158 set a PSU O/U line for NCAAs. Then I could've bet, and later read how PSU's 149 points coming out of no where again cost him (Kasak's this year like Van Ness's last year), otherwise he'd have predicted it perfectly. Alas, no time and 20/20 Hindsight anyways.

I actually read three of James Clavell's Asian Saga (Taipan, Shogun, and Noble House) 'cause I'm old and I read. Never watched the miniseries though.

Shogun is legit…
Good. Thanks for asking. Spent the end of February thru April in a Las Vegas public school volunteering in 4th grade.

I watched B1Gs and NCAAs, but little time to post. Also, seems bad form to post, piling on.

I only wish I would've let @MSU158 set a PSU O/U line for NCAAs. Then I could've bet, and later read how PSU's 149 points coming out of no where again cost him (Kasak's this year like Van Ness's last year), otherwise he'd have predicted it perfectly. Alas, no time and 20/20 Hindsight anyways.

I actually read three of James Clavell's Asian Saga (Taipan, Shogun, and Noble House) 'cause I'm old and I read. Never watched the miniseries though.
I LOVE that I am in your head this much. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy…

Since I had to search "Viltrumite" and you were "vincible" in our one and only bet, I know you can't be logically talking about me
Much like Mark Grayson, my human side compells me to hold back and allow those much weaker than me to have small victories from time to time so that you don’t lose heart! Very kind of me, don’t you think!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Much like Mark Grayson, my human side compells me to hold back and allow those much weaker than me to have small victories from time to time so that you don’t lose heart! Very kind of me, don’t you think!
Four words that came to my mind when I really thought about your posting (in no particular order) were 'humility', 'magnanimous', 'brevity', and 'wit'. Now I will add 'kindness' to that list.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Four words that came to my mind when I really thought about your posting (in no particular order) were 'humility', 'magnanimous', 'brevity', and 'wit'. Now I will add 'kindness' to that list.
And all have applied to me at some point while at other points….none. The really cool and fun part is how often they did or did not without you really knowing when they should or shouldn’t.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and el dub
No one asked so I am going to throw my 2 shmeckles into this.

1.) Robocop - I saw this way too young and it has been my favorite movie ever since. I will fight you on this. Verhoeven had a really good run back in the day and then once his thirst for blood was satisfied, he disappeared.

2.) Nolan - Tenet was dog water but the Dark Knight trilogy in my opinion is and will always be the best iteration of Bruce Wayne we will ever see. I did love the Keaton films, but they are a relatively close second. Throw in Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and now Oppenheimer? Lordy.

3.) Mr. Inbetween. Perhaps my favorite series of all time. Created by a little-known guy named Scott Ryan, which is based off his cult independent film "The Magician". The story follows an Aussie Hitman who lives a pretty normal day to day life outside of his murder for hire moonlighting. Great characters/performances peppered throughout the series. It will make you laugh, make you angry, and may even make those eyes a little heavy. Available on FX/The Hulu.

4.) Mad Max Fury Road - In my opinion this is a masterpiece. The visuals and sound in this movie are simply incredible. Scenes with very minimal dialog but they say so much. Some of the most interesting and intense action sequences you will ever see.

5.) Guy Ritchie - Lock Stock, Snatch, Rock n Rolla, The Gentleman, Wrath of Man. I didn't see Wrath mentioned much in this thread, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Interesting storyline, and lots of Jason Statham being bad as f***. I see several people enjoyed The Gentleman. There is a new series on The Netflix based on the same story and I thought it was very well done.

6.) It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Best and longest running comedy of all time, in my opinion. Will also fight you on this. The characters and writers of this show have gone on to do so many good things outside of this, which I think this speaks to the shows long run of success!

The comment on Pacific Rim and toys from your childhood. I felt that so much. And, Charlie Day.

I feel it important to mention Adam McKay. He has range and has made some of the most obnoxiously silly movies of all time. I know there are a lot of Will Ferrel haters out there, but you are wrong.

No one asked so I am going to throw my 2 shmeckles into this.

2.) Nolan - Tenet was dog water but the Dark Knight trilogy in my opinion is and will always be the best iteration of Bruce Wayne we will ever see. I did love the Keaton films, but they are a relatively close second. Throw in Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and now Oppenheimer? Lordy.

No invitation necessary.

I will FIGHT YOU over name calling Tenet. The intense detail he put into that movie (including the characters speaking backwards) make it everything for me. Obviously, it wasn't character driven - naming the main character "the protagonist" is a dead giveaway - but it is one of films great action movies.

No invitation necessary.

I will FIGHT YOU over name calling Tenet. The intense detail he put into that movie (including the characters speaking backwards) make it everything for me. Obviously, it wasn't character driven - naming the main character "the protagonist" is a dead giveaway - but it is one of films great action movies.

I will rewatch tenet and report back if things need to get physical.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkgma and vhsalum
You guys watch some real crap!
Caddy shack, cannonball run and Jaws are the 3 best movies ever made.
Throw in Animal house and a few others but the oldies are still the best. Most of the crap in the last couple of decades has been crap

• Wow
You guys watch some real crap!
Caddy shack, cannonball run and Jaws are the 3 best movies ever made.
Throw in Animal house and a few others but the oldies are still the best. Most of the crap in the last couple of decades has been crap
great movies....
Caddyshack is a top comedy,
Jaws is a great movie but not top 10
Cannonball run is just an ok movie (not a huge Burt fan)

No invitation necessary.

Tenet was terrible. Ands by terrible I mean I am very stupid and could not follow along.

I really enjoyed that one as well...then they just decided to not continue it.
it can definitely drive you nuts when movies or shows are left wide open for a sequel or next season. My daughter still gives me grief because there will be no sequel to Pride and Prejudice..................and ZOMBIES!!!

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
great movies....
Caddyshack is a top comedy,
Jaws is a great movie but not top 10
Cannonball run is just an ok movie (not a huge Burt fan)

Tenet was terrible. Ands by terrible I mean I am very stupid and could not follow along.
I'm telling you, watch one of the videos i posted up. It's a really good movie if you're looking to be entertained. (which is the exact point of film)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT