ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Jones to the portal

What's the difference
between being buried in the depth chart or moving to purude for a better opportunity? I'd say it's a fairly big difference for Iowa. You have players that have stepped up enough that limit Jones' PT, or Jones sees how shitty the offense is going to be after spending the entire spring trying to better himself and the program.

Wasn't the case, when exactly? Care to provide your insider information at this point? there is zero doubt in my mind they are going to utilize the 2 TE approach more often this fall as well.
except were thin at TE as well...... :eek:

Maybe he was just like yeah this offense is still going to suck. I'm out.

To show how inept Iowa's passing offense is. Jones had 18 receptions for 395 yards as a Freshman at Buffalo. In two years at Iowa he had 21 catches and 323 yards.

I don't agree with you often but you hit the nail on the head....mic drop

Also wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the walkon Kaden Wetjen from Iowa Western get into the return game. His film is pretty damn impressive.

Yep, was told this today as well he's got some Charlie Jones in him!

Reactions: desihawk
Who? Charlie's bio says he went to Deerfield. The only Illinois QB on Purdue's roster is O'Connell and it says he went to Stevenson.
Five miles from each other O'Connell (Lincolnshire, IL) and Jones (Deerfield, IL). Probably "pre-HS" teammates.

When tracey left i thought that was a win-win (for both iowa and tracey). in this case however, i’m a bit disappointed coz we’ll miss jones i think. and yes i agree with the previous poster that (if pu is where he’s going) jones will likely take most of the reps tracey thought he would.

When tracey left i thought that was a win-win (for both iowa and tracey). in this case however, i’m a bit disappointed coz we’ll miss jones i think. and yes i agree with the previous poster that (if pu is where he’s going) jones will likely take most of the reps tracey thought he would.

Tracy is apparently going to get a ton of running back work

Nwankpa talent in the return game has shown is my guess.
this would be amazing but let’s be realistic. imo chances are miniscule to none. i’m just hopeful we’ll put someone other than ragaini or cooper to field punts.

While I am sad to see Jones leave, it's not the end of the world. He was behind Ragaini and ahead of Bruce in the depth chart, and we all know that Bruce was probably going to be on top of that by the first game if he wasn't already defacto. He was a great returner for Iowa but I think the youth movement there might have made him nervous. Good luck to him wherever he ends up except when he plays against Iowa (if he ever does).

I hate to say this but if you are a WR who thinks you may have a shot at the next level and you are looking to put together a productive year on tape prior to next year's draft, Iowa is probably one of the worst places you could choose to do that.
Apparently same with RB :(

Who? Charlie's bio says he went to Deerfield. The only Illinois QB on Purdue's roster is O'Connell and it says he went to Stevenson.
Deerfield and Stevenson are only a couple of miles miles apart. They played travel football and baseball together. That’s how it works in here.

While I am sad to see Jones leave, it's not the end of the world. He was behind Ragaini and ahead of Bruce in the depth chart, and we all know that Bruce was probably going to be on top of that by the first game if he wasn't already defacto. He was a great returner for Iowa but I think the youth movement there might have made him nervous. Good luck to him wherever he ends up except when he plays against Iowa (if he ever does).
Have to do assume the injury bug will bite. Losing that experience sucks....

Reactions: BBHawk
Can you explain why he was behind Ragaini, does Nicole do anything to break a game?

This seems like either he got pissed about something or there has been some prearranged deal somewhere, probably tampering.

This is one of those circumstances where the player doesn't seem very stable or realistic otherwise. Have to find a new school, learn your role and earn playing time going into his last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT