ADVERTISEMENT

Chryst announces he's staying at Texas

My read is completely different. He's decided he wants to be the head man. With an $11M buyout and living in Austin, not sure if -40 degree temps is enticing.
He applied, interviewed, and stayed in the running up until the point where he got an offer, but turned it down. You don’t do that if you’re only interested in being a HC. He has already been turned down as HC by Indiana and Oregon State after interviewing there; his days as a competitive candidate at a power conference program are probably over. He is from Madison - doesn’t give a damn about cold weather. The issue was either lack of money or autonomy.

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS
I'm not talking about Nebraska. Nebraska isn't looking for an OC either.

I'm not talking about Nebraska. Nebraska isn't looking for an OC either.
Bro the coaching carousel that has been Debby means that you should bite your tongue. It really is that simple. We all know it is a joke for Iowa's OC hiring, but your infatuation is maybe more impressive than our disdain for Kirk's ability to actually hire an OC. Go celebrate the new QB coach you hired, he had great success in Pittsburgh.

Bro the coaching carousel that has been Debby means that you should bite your tongue. It really is that simple. We all know it is a joke for Iowa's OC hiring, but your infatuation is maybe more impressive than our disdain for Kirk's ability to actually hire an OC. Go celebrate the new QB coach you hired, he had great success in Pittsburgh.
Iowa's OC coaching search has zero bearing on what's gone on at Nebraska. That's just an emotional response to my post. As far as our QB coach, I did enjoy it without knowing too much about how excited I should be. I posted "This is neat!" in response to the post about it. I can walk and chew gum at the same time, home skillet.

• Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Iowa's OC coaching search has zero bearing on what's gone on at Nebraska. That's just an emotional response to my post. As far as our QB coach, I did enjoy it without knowing too much about how excited I should be. I posted "This is neat!" in response to the post about it. I can walk and chew gum at the same time, home skillet.
Your dumbass replied that you come to Iowa where in 1 game the fans will want you fired.....Yes, POT MEET KETTLE. I'll help ya with the caps locks to make sure you understand brocheese.

KXNO has Dochterman talking about pure speculation with names including Bill O'Brien, and Tommy Rees. Sounds like no one has any idea what is going on after Chryst turned them down. Wants the decision to be made by the end of January, so maybe by March...
Let me guess, filled with a bunch of excuses for Kirk and why there’s not a hurry to make this decision lol. The entire Iowa media is laughable.

Why? Are you that fuc.king stupid?

Leave Texas for Iowa with $11M in the bank from Wisconsin.

Texas a final 4 school to Iowa? Lol

He's applied for 3 HC jobs but he's going to Iowa to be a OC. Why? Lol

Just delete your post, you are showing everyone how dumb you are.

You can make up anything on X and the dweebs will believe it.

Let's offer Andy Reid the job see if he takes it. Kirk's fault if he doesn't take it.
Why are you such a prick is a more legitimate question. Now go delete your account so nobody has to deal with your 3rd grade schoolyard bully shtick anymore.

Reactions: littlez
He applied, interviewed, and stayed in the running up until the point where he got an offer, but turned it down. You don’t do that if you’re only interested in being a HC. He has already been turned down as HC by Indiana and Oregon State after interviewing there; his days as a competitive candidate at a power conference program are probably over. He is from Madison - doesn’t give a damn about cold weather. The issue was either lack of money or autonomy.
I think the second one might be more likely, if in fact it got that far.

I refuse to believe that this isn’t intention on KF and him pouting due to his son getting “mistreated” in his eyes. He is making us look like an absolute laughingstock and an incompetent joke of a program!
To who? Who in the country really flipping cares? Dan Lebetard? LOL.

They hurt my feelings they are laughing at me!

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
Our search is moving about as well as our offense. We’ve had months to find a guy and yet nothing. Alabama, Washington and Arizona have all found their HEAD COACHES in under a week. And that’s without knowing they’d have a vacancy. We’ve known since October! Unbelievable! KF can’t retire fast enough. If I was Beth Goetz I’d be stepping in on this clown show.
Don't ya know, kf was putting all his time and energy into the big championship and then the bowl game o_O . You're right kf has become a clown show. Kinda sad honestly

Just watch. KF thought he had PC, but at the last moment PC backed out. No backup plan. Now, KF is wondering who to hire.

Somehow, he backdoors a great hire and says this was my plan all along. Boy, nothing would surprise me right now.

Why? Are you that fuc.king stupid?

Leave Texas for Iowa with $11M in the bank from Wisconsin.

Texas a final 4 school to Iowa? Lol

He's applied for 3 HC jobs but he's going to Iowa to be a OC. Why? Lol

Just delete your post, you are showing everyone how dumb you are.

You can make up anything on X and the dweebs will believe it.

Let's offer Andy Reid the job see if he takes it. Kirk's fault if he doesn't take it.
Chad L has the article stating he turned it down. I asked that question you dumb fuack because no one wants the job under KF and his antiquated offense. He career suicided his own son because of it and just thought PC would take it. KF is showing how stupid and ignorant he is about what he thinks about his opening and what all potential candidates think of it. It’s a garbage opportunity that no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole. His best option is to retire so a coach can be hired to treat the offensive side of the ball as a positive to the team instead of the negative that he does. God, you are a dick.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
Yeah who wants millions of dollars. Those morons.
To many, it's more than dollars - Iowa could be used as a steppingstone to bigger\better things, or as mentioned earlier, career suicide. only 1/3 of Iowa's OC's have gone on to bigger things, and that 1/3 wasn't for long.

It just amazes me that people don’t realize yet that it’s gonna be Budmayr.
I'm kinda hoping for it at this point, just for the pure comedy. I'd love to watch KF give a repeat of his 2017 speech, looking the fan base in the eye and saying with a straight face that he scoured the country for the best candidate for Iowa's OC, and he just happened to find him right here. LOL.

To many, it's more than dollars - Iowa could be used as a steppingstone to bigger\better things, or as mentioned earlier, career suicide. only 1/3 of Iowa's OC's have gone on to bigger things, and that 1/3 wasn't for long.
Just saying dude. A $1.5 million a year or so waving around is gonna attract a great deal of attention. And we know nothing other than that maybe Chryst was offered the spot but declined.

Just saying dude. A $1.5 million a year or so waving around is gonna attract a great deal of attention. And we know nothing other than that maybe Chryst was offered the spot but declined.
1.5 million to turn a program around AND have to be under the thumb of KF's "complimentary ball". KF is asking a LOT from someone to come in and do all that. 1.9 should be the floor for the offer.

The point I’m at with all this horsesh!t is Wake me when KF hangs it up. This has turned into a complete sh!tshow! Talk about a slap in the face. Can’t even get a sniff for OC for a 8-10 win Iowa team in the B1G?? That tells you all you need to know about how Iowa is perceived right now on offense. Sad times for sure .

Reactions: jhawk23
Sounds like Chryst has a pretty solid relationship with Manning according to some write ups. I would imagine if he were to lobby for an OC spot it would be at Texas. Also a job like the Arizona spot should be welcoming Chryst with open arms.
Arizona hired a coach already

From what I heard, there was interest from
Chryst but he told Ferentz that he wanted to bring in his own crew and to have “autonomy” and KF said “no.”
Hard to say what happened. Only Chryst and Ferentz know for sure and I doubt either would broadcast this kind of info.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
The point I’m at with all this horsesh!t is Wake me when KF hangs it up. This has turned into a complete sh!tshow! Talk about a slap in the face. Can’t even get a sniff for OC for a 8-10 win Iowa team in the B1G?? That tells you all you need to know about how Iowa is perceived right now on offense. Sad times for sure .
Nobody knows anything. No one.

Wake me up before you go go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT