ADVERTISEMENT

Clark was put above the team…Loss

BlIIlken2

HR All-American
Nov 23, 2021
Just shut down the 4th quarter for the record at home. Well when you need the fire again it was too late and ice cold.

Don’t @ me. I’ve watched 16 minutes of women’s basketball all year and majority of that was today’s 4th quarter.

Just play the ****ing game and stop all the side stuff.

Just shut down the 4th quarter for the record at home. Well when you need the fire again it was too late and ice cold.

Don’t @ me. I’ve watched 16 minutes of women’s basketball all year and majority of that was today’s 4th quarter.

Go watch some other team. We don't need your opinion.

I felt all week that all the talk was about her scoring 40 points and nobody taking Nebraska. Seriously
I started watching but turned it off midway thru the first quarter. I knew at that point Nebraska was going to win. Just had a feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
I felt all week that all the talk was about her scoring 40 points and nobody taking Nebraska. Seriously

That's the media, not the team. The team will now drop to around 5th or 6th and completely deserve to drop further.

If you didn't think that team shut it down in the 4th quarter then I don't know what to tell you. Completely went away from any concept of offense. If it were not for Kate we would have scored 4 points or less that quarter.

Credit to Nebraska for hitting the shots but 27 points in the quarter to 10? Come the eff on. I respect the staff and players unbelievably but that was total crap today.

Last edited:
That's the media, not the team. The team will now drop to around 5th or 6th and completely deserve to drop further.

If you didn't think that team shut it down in the 4th quarter then I don't know what to tell you. Completely went away from any concept of offense. If it were not for Kate we would have scored 4 points or less that quarter.

Credit to Nebraska for hitting the shots but 26 points in the quarter to 10? Come the eff on. I respect the staff and players unbelievably but that was total crap today.
Nebraska wasn't even doing anything overly special on defense either.

Can someone other than Clark step up, and yes they beat psu the other night but they didn’t have a big to save their life. For 1 quarter it was asked to run the offense through others and it was a bust.

Reactions: amahawk
This is the dumbest fan theory in the history of sports.

Morons one and all.

Have to disagree. What did Nebraska do differently that made it impossible for CC to get to the lane or even attempt shots? Was that Bluder taking CC out of the offense? I am sure you, like many of us, have watched almost every quarter this year. We didn't even look like a shell of our normal offense in the 4th.

This… Bluder was pissed early when Clark shot and she called a to off the rebound…. Things were never the same
The CC took a 35 footer immediately after the TO. 0-6 in the 4th quarter. I was called a hater for focusing on turnovers and low % shots in another thread, now you know why... @kceasthawk and @joelbc1...

Where's the 90 plus points joel? Harder to get there when you give away 17 possessions...

Reactions: CAhawki
It was coaching malpractice over a stinking record being broken at home.
Bluder was focused the whole game, the girls weren't. She took a good TO and probably told them to take better shots and take the ball to the basket. We couldn't hit open shots and didn't get to the FT line. I've coached games where the other team got momentum and you just can't do anything to change the momentum of the game. Loss was on the players. Bluder knew the value of the win, she didn't tell CC to crank it down a notch. CC wasn't hungry in the 4th quarter, so it was on her not Bluder. Maybe she was tired or sick, but she didn't work hard to take control of the game, like she usually does.

Didn't she take several shots in the 4th quarter? She just didn't hit any.

Yep.

Caitlin put up shots in the 4th Quarter; she simply missed EVERY SHOT.

She had 25 shot attempts for the game; that's normal, right?

Caitlin took 6 shots in the 4th qtr (was 0-6).

She averaged 6.33 shots/quarter thru 3 quarters (19 shots thru 3 quarters)

She finished 10-25 (40%)

Major issues in this game, imo:

(1) 17 second chance pts for Debbie (just 4 for Iowa)

(2) 16 Iowa turnovers (5 too many)

(3) 5 missed Iowa layups (Iowa officially was 17-22)

(4) Free throw shooting:

1-4 Hannah
6-9 Caitlin
2-2 Rest of team

The refs were terrible and we did not respond - please stop discounting that - I hate complaining about the ref's but if the other team is getting every call and you are getting almost none it affects you and how you play. You as a player know its not being called fair lol. The other team fouls as much as they can until the ref's call them out on it. But you as a player/coach are not allowed to ever say it was the ref's, after the game. They just have to play better through that adversity as it will happen again unfortunately. My last point is if it had been called evenly the outcome would have been an Iowa W.

The refs were terrible and we did not respond - please stop discounting that - I hate complaining about the ref's but if the other team is getting every call and you are getting almost none it affects you and how you play. You as a player know its not being called fair lol. The other team fouls as much as they can until the ref's call them out on it. But you as a player/coach are not allowed to ever say it was the ref's, after the game. They just have to play better through that adversity as it will happen again unfortunately. My last point is if it had been called evenly the outcome would have been an Iowa W.

That’s what I saw. Neb coach 3Q hissy fit affected the crew the entire 4th Q. Contact on shot no call on one end and contact on shot a foul on the other. Repeatedly.

It’s a shame Women’s CBB has such a horrendous officiating product. Last year’s Final case in point.

Posting after admitting you've watched 16 minutes all year makes you as qualified as Sheryl Swoopes.

The thing is, I don't think it was Clark's decision to do that either. There was a change in the offense and since they were playing in unfamiliar roles the offense fell apart. That kind of decision only comes from the head coach. I'm just shocked that someone with Bluder's experience would make that kind of rookie mistake. I don't expect that will happen again.

Bluder was focused the whole game, the girls weren't. She took a good TO and probably told them to take better shots and take the ball to the basket. We couldn't hit open shots and didn't get to the FT line. I've coached games where the other team got momentum and you just can't do anything to change the momentum of the game. Loss was on the players. Bluder knew the value of the win, she didn't tell CC to crank it down a notch. CC wasn't hungry in the 4th quarter, so it was on her not Bluder. Maybe she was tired or sick, but she didn't work hard to take control of the game, like she usually does.
This. If you know Lisa, she’s as competitive as they come. I dare say behind closed doors, she had words for her team. Now I don’t know enough to get excited about foul calls or to dissect what accounted for that fourth quarter, but it wasn’t Lisa telling them to shut down..

The refs certainly contributed to the loss, but I just can't get past how poor of decision it was to go away from Clark in the 4th quarter. It was just such an easily avoided error. Totally took Iowa out of the game.

You bring up a possibility as well. This scenario just seems so out of character for this team it just seems hard for me to believe. But maybe you are right. Either way, this won't happen again.

The CC took a 35 footer immediately after the TO. 0-6 in the 4th quarter. I was called a hater for focusing on turnovers and low % shots in another thread, now you know why... @kceasthawk and @joelbc1...

Where's the 90 plus points joel? Harder to get there when you give away 17 possessions...
You’ve been waiting how long to say this? When’s the next recession James….sooner or later…you’ll be right again.
What concerns me is the recent trend of pissing late leads away…and 10 pts in the 4th quarter. But, they have games to play…

Did they shut it down against Penn St. when she only scored 8 in the 2nd half? Perhaps there's been some good D from other teams. But hell, can't be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT