ADVERTISEMENT

Connor at PG = bad move

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
I didn't view the game thread NSIAP but it seems obvious that Fran was determined keep CM at PG come hell or hgh water, The half court offense bogged down and was choppy with CM running the offense. I kept waiting for the switch to Perkins - a move which paid big dividends at Indiana - but it was Senior Day and Fran decided that Connor would run the show and be the hero. Major fail.

CMAC has the highest Assist to TO ratio in college b-ball, but him having a good passing game is not that well correlated with Iowa winning.

Now giving up the shooting percentages that Nebraska had, that is highly correlated with losing.

Having him on the court more than 5 mins each half is the mistake. On one of his 3 attempts, I thought he broke the backboard.

I didn't view the game thread NSIAP but it seems obvious that Fran was determined keep CM at PG come hell or hgh water, The half court offense bogged down and was choppy with CM running the offense. I kept waiting for the switch to Perkins - a move which paid big dividends at Indiana - but it was Senior Day and Fran decided that Connor would run the show and be the hero. Major fail.
PG has always been a weakness under Fran. Ulis, JT, JB, Gessel, none of those are top of the line PGs. Now someone like JB could shoot, but none of them were what I would call good PGs.

Reactions: rsigmundi
I thought it was brilliant and long overdue. He had several great assists. Ulis has not been playing well.

All this love in for CMacs assists is comical. He may make 2 or 3 great entry passes a game, all his other assists could come from any guard on the team. He has long been an anchor around the necks of the program. He does not deserve the minutes he gets…

I thought it was brilliant and long overdue. He had several great assists. Ulis has not been playing well.

Cmac had 3 assists and 1 turnover...not sure him at PG had much effect.

I think CMAC had 5 assists and 0 TO in the NW game on the road when we got pounded. CMAC had 3 assist and 2 TO in the Indiana game we dominated. Yeah, if CMAC has 13-0 assists like Ohio State game, that correlates with winning but the typical CMAC game where he goes 4-1 or 3-1 doesn't predict much about us winning given he is minus player shooting the ball and we always struggle defensively.

So I don't think CMAC at PG part time is a bad lineup. Ulis is not very good, that part is true, but Perkins usually brings more offense than either CMAC or Ulis at the PG and putting Perkins at PG the allows bring in an extra shooter in Sandfort..or more length if PMAC subs for CMAC.

The starting lineup is a so-so lineup, not unprecedented for Fran who failed to start Keegan as a Freshman so that CMAC could start and failed to start Kris last year so PMAC could start.

I think CMAC had 5 assists and 0 TO in the NW game on the road when we got pounded. CMAC had 3 assist and 2 TO in the Indiana game we dominated. Yeah, if CMAC has 13-0 assists like Ohio State game, that correlates with winning but the typical CMAC game where he goes 4-1 or 3-1 doesn't predict much about us winning given he is minus player shooting the ball and we always struggle defensively.

So I don't think CMAC at PG part time is a bad lineup. Ulis is not very good, that part is true, but Perkins usually brings more offense than either CMAC or Ulis at the PG and putting Perkins at PG the allows bring in an extra shooter in Sandfort..or more length if PMAC subs for CMAC.

The starting lineup is a so-so lineup, not unprecedented for Fran who failed to start Keegan as a Freshman so that CMAC could start and failed to start Kris last year so PMAC could start.
Need D, is Connor good at d?? Would rather have Perkins getting 35 plus minutes and Ulis and Connor splitting minutes

Need D, is Connor good at d?? Would rather have Perkins getting 35 plus minutes and Ulis and Connor splitting minutes
Guess I’d rather see less Ulis. Agree Perkins needs 30 plus minutes a game, although he can be a spotty defensive player. He loses concentration.

CM at pg hasn't been good for 5 years. Way past time to move on from that. FM made several head scratching moves is this one and we lose when we had every reason to win, NE had nothing to play for.

Reactions: SeattleHawki

Connor had 9 assists today and the turnover was a BS offensive foul call.

Reactions: lucas80
CM at pg hasn't been good for 5 years. Way past time to move on from that. FM made several head scratching moves is this one and we lose when we had every reason to win, NE had nothing to play for.
If you don't think screwing over Iowa is plenty for Nebraska to play for you don't understand the rivalry

Reactions: icwesthawk
Connor will be greatly missed. Two years ago everyone said he only got assists because Luka was so good. Now he's on the court too much, but he's still getting the assists.
I don't know what happened to Perkins today, he was off. Ulis has been battling a hip injury all season. I suspect that is why his minutes were down again today.

Connor will be greatly missed
Speak for yourself. Not having to watch him mouth off to refs after 6 years of pissing and moaning will be a treat to many. When he should have been focused on this game he was on Twitter liking tweets about rumors of his dad leaving the program he still plays for and that has given his family great wealth over 13 years. He's an entitled brat.

If Fran can't find someone who is a much better athlete and all around better player it's probably time for him to retire

Speak for yourself. Not having to watch him mouth off to refs after 6 years of pissing and moaning will be a treat to many. When he should have been focused on this game he was on Twitter liking tweets about rumors of his dad leaving the program he still plays for and that has given his family great wealth over 13 years. He's an entitled brat.

If Fran can't find someone who is a much better athlete and all around better player it's probably time for him to retire
I was at the game. He was laughing and joking with the refs throughout the game. Most of the refs do not mistake passion for mouthing off.
He also was an unsung defender on an undersized team all season long, and an effective rebounder. And, liking a tweet is also a young person way of having a laugh.

The lineup with around 4 minutes left was incredibly slow. Cmac, Sandfort, Pmac, KM, and PR. Nebraska was just shredding them with our lack of foot speed. Way too little of Perkins and Ulis today. Once again, Fran is just fixated on offense.

Yea. I mean if you are Caitlin Clark, you can talk with refs. She’s a star. Cmac ain’t Clark.

Game was lost on defense not offense. Fran again fails to recognize if you score few points but give up more on defense then you shouldn’t be playing.

Reactions: rsigmundi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT