ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus...In all Seriousness...

The stock market has corrections and humanity has corrections. Let’s do everything we can but not worry as individuals about controlling the uncontrollable.

Reactions: evashevsky58
People. It may be five times more deadly than the flu, but you’re still more likely to die on your journey to Minneapolis than you are sitting next to a coughing guy or Lois Feldman in the stadium. This is being WAY overblown imho.

Last edited:
First case confirmed in Ramsey county (St Paul). Patient was on a cruise.
the problem isn't Minnesota people, its fans from all over the country coming together, getting in close contact-California, newyork etc and also the contacts while flying there.

There will be people who have traveled internationally and come into contact with the virus.

the problem isn't Minnesota people, its fans from all over the country coming together, getting in close contact-California, newyork etc and also the contacts while flying there.

There will be people who have traveled internationally and come into contact with the virus.

Then people who are at higher risk of being exposed or may have been exposed should stay home.

I live in the Princeton, NJ area and was lucky to see the Hawks here this season. Still checking tickets for the B10 on Stubhub, some pretty good deals to be had. Downside - some of those deals are because of people here are bailing due to the Coronavirus outbreak. NJ now has confirmed cases and nearby NYC is up to 33. I will probably still go. YOLO.
Scored a Session 3-4 ticket off StubHub in section 213. Looking forward to seeing nine Hawkeye wrestlers tomorrow.

It looks like a lot of people are reconsidering their plans for NCAAs based on the amount of tickets on the secondary markets. Prices are dropping too.

A Washington D.C. Priest who served communion and shook 500 hands now has tested positive for the virus.

That is a lot of people who now have to self-quarantine.

Be safe out there.

And... I will be likely be fine if I get it. But my friend who is on anti-rejection medications, my grandparents, other family members and loved ones who are on immunosuppresant drugs, my friend with slightly scarred lungs from repeated pneumonia infections, and people like them may not be fine. That's where my concern lies.

And that is a healthy concern to have. It is one thing to not be worried about catching the virus and suffering bad effects for ourselves. But it would be very sad if anyone became an unintentional carrier of the virus to any of our family, friends, or loved ones who already have medical issues that might put them at risk.

In such situations it may make very good sense to be cautious in visiting those who might be more susceptible to serious complications after anyone returns from NCAA

And some reports have stated some people were infected but did not show symtoms for up to 24 days later. This 14 day quarantine is not foolproof and seems to understate the problem.

Stay safe everyone.

Locally here in St. Louis a young 20 something woman came back from studying abroad in Italy last thursday thru O'Hara airport in chicago, took the Amtrack to St. Louis. Started feeling bad, called the local Health authorities and did everything she should have. Hospital was notified and prepared. She tested positive for the virus. Self quarantined at her parents home. Family quarantined also. Everything going as it should. Safety for the family and for the community. Yea everyone.

Then Saturday her Father takes her younger sister to a pre-dance get togther party with other students and then on to the local Father-Daughter Dance.

images

BROKE QUARANTINE......WTF

Not going to the store for more beer, pretzels, toilet paper or whatever......

Let's go shake hands with other fathers...daughters......and as many people as we can associate with............
4c50720d8fcb1dd16dd3db135c9bad0e.gif

Then people who are at higher risk of being exposed or may have been exposed should stay home.
And they will be staying home, but it's still the responsibility of the healthy individual to do everything they can not to contract the virus and ultimately spread it to those with a high-risk.

This isn't directed at you, but for those claiming that this isn't their problem. That is an extremely dangerous and incredibly naive outlook. No, it's just plain stupid.

This disease may not kill the healthy, but it is killing people. This isn't a black and white situation, it's fluid and has the domino effect.
Just because you think you're healthy and it won't dick up your life doesn't mean you can't spread it to someone on the opposite end of the health spectrum.

I am going! I am going to enjoy the BiG10 championships.
I am going to stay away from excess contact with the public as best I can. I am going to have a bar of Defense soap in my pocket and I will wash my hands as often as I hit the Head.
When I get to the hotel I will make sure and put my dirty draws and smelly socks in a draw tight plastic bag along with anything I was wearing that someones snot could have attached to!
Along with spraying my vehicle interior down with Lysol. I will bring my dirty, stinky, Snot ridden clothes to a laundry mat and wash them before I go home to my family.
If this is not enough then so be it!
i hope you also plan on a shower

im wondering if wrestling nationals and march madness become televised events with no fans

Anybody not going to Big Tens or possibly Nationals because of Coronavirus?

We (myself and my son) are scheduled to go to the Nationals and very excited to watch Iowa bring back home the National Championship!!

But, my wife and many others have been bringing up the Coronavirus and are trying to advise myself and son to not go, because of the concern with the virus. Been counting down to this weekend and the Nationals weekend for quite some time.

I know this post will probably bring about all kinds of jokes,

But in all seriousness anybody bailing on not going because of the virus??

Just wanted to get some serious takes on the matter and what the "Cesspool" is thinking?

I did find it interesting, a person we know is scheduled to go over to Europe within a week and she cannot get a refund with Traveler's insurance. She consulted her priest and his response was "If God is ready for you, he will be ready for you!"

Can't wait until tomorrow and then Nationals!!!

Go Hawks!! Bring it home!! Bonus Points!! Bonus Points!!
Go get it Brands & Co!!!
Well I'm no expert, but I think that it will get worse later. NCAAs In Minny should be okay if you're careful, but a month or two away may get tougher. March Madness could get very dicey. Even if they get sick, your kids will sail through, but don't bring the virus back to Grandpa. The mortality rates climb for older folks and those with preexisting conditions.

I heard rumors on campus today (I work at the University) that they are considering switching to online classes after Spring Break. This is by no means official but it does show how seriously this is being taken. I’m very hopeful that NCAA’s will go on as planned though (since it is not after Spring Break). Everyone just keep doing their part by frequently washing their hands and not touching your face! Hopefully we can delay a major outbreak until AFTER NCAA’s!

Locally here in St. Louis a young 20 something woman came back from studying abroad in Italy last thursday thru O'Hara airport in chicago, took the Amtrack to St. Louis. Started feeling bad, called the local Health authorities and did everything she should have. Hospital was notified and prepared. She tested positive for the virus. Self quarantined at her parents home. Family quarantined also. Everything going as it should. Safety for the family and for the community. Yea everyone.

Then Saturday her Father takes her younger sister to a pre-dance get togther party with other students and then on to the local Father-Daughter Dance.

images

BROKE QUARANTINE......WTF

Not going to the store for more beer, pretzels, toilet paper or whatever......

Let's go shake hands with other fathers...daughters......and as many people as we can associate with............
4c50720d8fcb1dd16dd3db135c9bad0e.gif

I forgot to mention that this information in my previous post was front page headline and main story on The St. Louis Post Dispatch today.

Now it is being reported online and nothing confirmed yet...........

While they were waiting for the results for the daughters virus test to come back........Mom went to Gourmet to Go, the local big chain grocery store here in town, Lifetime Fitness and then got her nails done. All while supposedly in quarantine........No words.............

Reactions: 24 so far
Well, as someone who is on a plane an average of three times a month, I can assure you I am seeing some crazy stuff out there. On a flight to CA today, there was a girl dressed in stocking hat, shades, what appeared to be a gas mask contraption with the two circular vents on each side, layers of sweatshirts, a pair of gloves, and at least two pairs of sweatpants. The only time she took her mask off was to eat fast food and drink soda....that she bought at the airport. I'm seeing extreme scenarios where people are dressing crazy....but they lack any self-awareness. Buying fast food at an airport is a bit of a gamble as it is....buying it now? Well, not the smartest move. I can understand and appreciate that people are concerned, and some more than others, but I do see a lot of folks thinking that wearing an astronaut suit and helmet means they're safe. It's like thinking you can drive 90 MPH and like a mad man, because you have your seat belt and can't get hurt. Create a list of "do's and don'ts" in public whether bundled up or not.

Some of the things I'm witnessing are just flat out nuts.

I forgot to mention that this information in my previous post was front page headline and main story on The St. Louis Post Dispatch today.

Now it is being reported online and nothing confirmed yet...........

While they were waiting for the results for the daughters virus test to come back........Mom went to Gourmet to Go, the local big chain grocery store here in town, Lifetime Fitness and then got her nails done. All while supposedly in quarantine........No words.............

Reactions: Kwoodhawk

Just wanted to get some serious takes on the matter and what the "Cesspool" is thinking?

I did find it interesting, a person we know is scheduled to go over to Europe within a week and she cannot get a refund with Traveler's insurance. She consulted her priest and his response was "If God is ready for you, he will be ready for you!"

Go get it Brands & Co!!!

Well, as someone who is on a plane an average of three times a month, I can assure you I am seeing some crazy stuff out there. On a flight to CA today, there was a girl dressed in stocking hat, shades, what appeared to be a gas mask contraption with the two circular vents on each side, layers of sweatshirts, a pair of gloves, and at least two pairs of sweatpants. The only time she took her mask off was to eat fast food and drink soda....that she bought at the airport. I'm seeing extreme scenarios where people are dressing crazy....but they lack any self-awareness. Buying fast food at an airport is a bit of a gamble as it is....buying it now? Well, not the smartest move. I can understand and appreciate that people are concerned, and some more than others, but I do see a lot of folks thinking that wearing an astronaut suit and helmet means they're safe. It's like thinking you can drive 90 MPH and like a mad man, because you have your seat belt and can't get hurt. Create a list of "do's and don'ts" in public whether bundled up or not.

Some of the things I'm witnessing are just flat out nuts.

Read that most masks will filter out things that are 0.3 microns or larger......

The coronavirus is 0.12 microns or smaller.........sheeeessshhh..........:eek:

And if you can't find any hand sanitizer anywhere, the recipe is 1/3 Aloe Vera Gel and 2/3 alcohol. That's it. Add a fragrance if you like.

Read that most masks will filter out things that are 0.3 microns or larger......

The coronavirus is 0.12 microns or smaller.........sheeeessshhh..........:eek:

And if you can't find any hand sanitizer anywhere, the recipe is 1/3 Aloe Vera Gel and 2/3 alcohol. That's it. Add a fragrance if you like.
I'll keep a flask of Everclear handy. 95% Grain alcohol oughta do the trick!

We (myself and my son) are scheduled to go to the Nationals and very excited to watch Iowa bring back home the National Championship!!

But, my wife and many others have been bringing up the Coronavirus and are trying to advise myself and son to not go, because of the concern with the virus. Been counting down to this weekend and the Nationals weekend for quite some time.

I know this post will probably bring about all kinds of jokes,

Go get it Brands & Co!!!
I don’t have tickets but if I did I’d go hell or high water.

Reactions: shobart
Hopefully the ncaa’s Are not cancelled.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the NCAA does not plan to cancel or postpone any March tournaments. But they will hold events without fans based on the outbreak situation in each location. They did this with a division III basketball game last weekend.

Don’t go buying tickets from scalpers. Those won’t be refunded.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
According to the Wall Street Journal, the NCAA does not plan to cancel or postpone any March tournaments. But they will hold events without fans based on the outbreak situation in each location. They did this with a division III basketball game last weekend.

Don’t go buying tickets from scalpers. Those won’t be refunded.
The landscape is changing dramatcially and it's impossible to know what will happen next. College campuses tend to be breeding grounds for disease and closing campus and going online is probably going to happen a lot in the spiring. Ironically, so the students can potentially take the virus home to their parents' house. I would assume we could hear as last as next Tuesday and based on the fact that I really want to go, that they will not allow fans.

The landscape is changing dramatcially and it's impossible to know what will happen next. College campuses tend to be breeding grounds for disease and closing campus and going online is probably going to happen a lot in the spiring. Ironically, so the students can potentially take the virus home to their parents' house. I would assume we could hear as last as next Tuesday and based on the fact that I really want to go, that they will not allow fans.

Statistics from hard-hit Italy show that many young people who test positive for the virus show no symptoms. Hence they can be carriers of the disease without knowing it and infecting others very easily.

I'll keep a flask of Everclear handy. 95% Grain alcohol oughta do the trick!

Upon hearing that Alcohol kills the virus...........

a large percentage of the population screamed..........

I have been preparing for this ALL MY LIFE...YESSS!!! ;)

Reactions: tiltman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT