ADVERTISEMENT

Could you rob a bank?

Could you pull off a bank robbery?

• yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
I walked into my local Quik Trip a couple months ago and there was a young gal (no pic) reloading the ATM. She was by herself, had her back turned to me with bundles of bills the size of bread loafs just scattered around her. Not sure if her partner was hitting a pisser or in the truck or what, but that would not have taken much work.

I assume you would have been on camera in addition to your car.

Reactions: jasonrann
Absolutely not. I spent about 4 hours in a holding cell while in college. Not even a prison, a holding cell at the local jail. Been squeaky clean ever since. Not my bag.

I dunno about a bank but I've contemplated knocking off the local vegetable stand down here on 22. 17 year old girl with a nail apron full of cash at the end of the day. 8/corn, 10/watermelon, 4/tomato, it all adds up quickly. The fly in pancake breakfast on Sunday looked flush with cash too. The Friday night HS football ticket shed is also a ripe target...

I assume you would have been on camera in addition to your car.
Very true, in that situation. However, it wouldn't take much to learn timing/routes and watch their process. At this particular location, it would be very easy to avoid the major highway out front and leave through neighborhoods, stage a transition car, etc.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I dunno about a bank but I've contemplated knocking off the local vegetable stand down here on 22. 17 year old girl with a nail apron full of cash at the end of the day. 8/corn, 10/watermelon, 4/tomato, it all adds up quickly. The fly in pancake breakfast on Sunday looked flush with cash too. The Friday night HS football ticket shed is also a ripe target...
Nice little weekend crime spree...

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Step 1. Find someone in your inner circle to start working at the bank you want to rob. Have her figure out all of the safety procedures and the best time of day and day of the month to rob the bank. This person will need to continue working at the bank for a few months at least after the robbery.
Step 2. Anytime you are a zip code or so away from home buy a burner phone with cash. Once you have 3 or 4 of them you should be fine.
Step 3. Buy a getaway car. You can find them anywhere. Give them a fake name and use cash.
Step. 4 Map out your getaway route. Have someone from your team meet you with another car. Needs to be remote location so Ring doorbells don't pick up the 2nd car.
Step 5. You walk in and hand the teller a note. Grab your cash and hit the first getaway car with a driver ready to roll and meet up with 2nd car.
Step 6. Stay on the down low with your new cash.

4 people, 6 months planning.

Bad news is that you would be lucky to get $20K. That's $5k a piece. Not worth the risk.

Reactions: BelemNole
Step 1. Find someone in your inner circle to start working at the bank you want to rob. Have her figure out all of the safety procedures and the best time of day and day of the month to rob the bank. This person will need to continue working at the bank for a few months at least after the robbery.
Step 2. Anytime you are a zip code or so away from home buy a burner phone with cash. Once you have 3 or 4 of them you should be fine.
Step 3. Buy a getaway car. You can find them anywhere. Give them a fake name and use cash.
Step. 4 Map out your getaway route. Have someone from your team meet you with another car. Needs to be remote location so Ring doorbells don't pick up the 2nd car.
Step 5. You walk in and hand the teller a note. Grab your cash and hit the first getaway car with a driver ready to roll and meet up with 2nd car.
Step 6. Stay on the down low with your new cash.

4 people, 6 months planning.

Bad news is that you would be lucky to get $20K. That's $5k a piece. Not worth the risk.

For step 1 you would probably need someone at a high level at the bank like a branch manager or something. I doubt that a simple teller would know enough to help you.

A guy from an opposing high school robbed a bank our senior year. Had he not talked about it he probably would have gotten away with it.
The fbi profile via witness statements and late 90s crappy surveillance had him as mid 40s several inches taller/heavier.
Eventually another hoodlum rolled on him to save his own ass.

Kid did 3-4 years. Can’t remember if it was Fort Mad or Anamosa.

For step 1 you would probably need someone at a high level at the bank like a branch manager or something. I doubt that a simple teller would know enough to help you.
Either way, said employee would be risking it all for a small amount of money. Not just getting caught/jail - they’d be effectively blackballed across the entire financial services industry plus the vast majority of retail.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
Either way, said employee would be risking it all for a small amount of money. Not just getting caught/jail - they’d be effectively blackballed across the entire financial services industry plus the vast majority of retail.

Jail probably would have done that anyways but yeah.

Best way I can think of to technically complete the task is to bribe someone to "miscount" a withdrawal.

If you gave the teller $500 to give you an extra 1 dollar bill on your withdrawal they likely wouldn't run up too many flags because "who purposefully robs the bank of $1" and people make mistakes. So you bribe them like that in their off hours then show up and withdraw like $200 but tell them you want it all in $1 bills. They give you $201. Bank if they discover it is not likely to chase after you for it.

Last edited:
Ha.
On holiday weekends I'd load the ATMs with 80-100k in cash. Two unarmed people walking around with two boxes full of cash to swap with the boxes in the atms.
We actually had someone from a branch steal 10k while loading the boxes. They could never prove who did it and everyone kept working their jobs. No one was arrested or fired.

• Wow
Ha.
On holiday weekends I'd load the ATMs with 80-100k in cash. Two unarmed people walking around with two boxes full of cash to swap with the boxes in the atms.
We actually had someone from a branch steal 10k while loading the boxes. They could never prove who did it and everyone kept working their jobs. No one was arrested or fired.

Were there surveillance cameras like today?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT