ADVERTISEMENT

CowboyUp61

GG121AND2

HR All-American
Aug 1, 2007
While much of this board sounds like a fourth grade playground, I need to put one of the real good guys to the forefront. We know CowboyUp61 as a poster who visits most of the major wrestling team fan sites.

I first encountered him when he helped fund four scholarships to Beat the Streets-Baltimore's summer STEM camp. Since then, he has come up with and promoted online efforts to help fund Wrestling for Life's program that gives wrestling shoes to middle schools serving financially challenged populations. We are already receiving pledge fulfillments from his NCAA points challenge.

Please take a minute from all of the name-calling and help me thank a man who is helping kids stay in and enjoy the "world's oldest and greatest sport".

raw

Thanks to Cowboy and to GG as well. There are lots of good things going on behind the scenes that don't get enough recognition. The fact that they do it without the recognition says a lot too.

GG does all the work to get the kids the stuff they need, and he was doing it well before I started trying to help where I could. Just a way for me to have a little fun while hopefully doing some good.

Plus, its a more relaxed way of fundraising that I do for my local HS/JH/Youth teams. Do ya'll know how hard it is to get enough money to buy mats?:eek:

I enjoy the back and forth with other fan bases (although admittedly I didn't have much "back" this weekend. Makes it fun to stay involved, and have met some great people across the boards. Plus, having been one of "those" kids, I know how important it is that others step up.

Congrats to PSU and Iowa, and especially to NC State for making the podium. (yes, you saw that right, I don't talk nice about nuts in public). Enjoy it guys, we will be back soon:cool:

Don't worry, I am not going away. If I can dream up a deal where fans pick a JH kid when coming into a dual, and give a dime a point he scores during his match (I almost always cheer for high scoring tech-falls;)) I can come up with something fun for the world cup!

GG and CowboyUp are both tremendous human beings. They give the wrestling community a good name. We'd all do well to emulate their selfless commitment to wrestling -- but more importantly, to helping underprivileged kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT