ADVERTISEMENT

CX-5 Turbo vs. Ford Mustang...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
LOL, after leaving a red light and heading toward a bridge, the Mustang next to me was FLOORING IT making all sorts of noise, but not really gaining on me.

Sooooo, I gave my little grocery-getter a little more gas and it effortlessly pulled away from the "muscle car" without even trying hard.

LOL that was so much fun. Zoom-Zoom!

You’re on to something….

The 2024 Mazda CX-5 turbo has a 0-60 mph time of 6.1 seconds. This is nearly two seconds faster than the base model, which has a 0-60 mph time of 8.0 seconds.

It's not the 0-60 time that counted here. It was the 40-60 time.

fast furious GIF

LOL, after leaving a red light and heading toward a bridge, the Mustang next to me was FLOORING IT making all sorts of noise, but not really gaining on me.

Sooooo, I gave my little grocery-getter a little more gas and it effortlessly pulled away from the "muscle car" without even trying hard.

I am trying to understand the situation. Was he flooring it get over and merge or get in a turning lane and you sped up to cut him off?

I am trying to understand the situation. Was he flooring it get over and merge or get in a turning lane and you sped up to cut him off?

No, the speed limit goes up to 55 on the other side of the bridge. Just getting up to highway speed. No cutting anyone off.

How do you know it was floored and did not just have a broken muffler? Was this a new or newish mustang or an old one? The old ones were pooches.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Did the Mustang have a v6 or a v8?

I can just imagine trad driving 2 under the speed limit in the left lane with 6 cars lined up behind him, hitting play on Skynard, and saying “if this car wasn’t built by a union employee, it would be perfect.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT