ADVERTISEMENT

Davison

Players get poked in the eye in basketball all the time.

The ball has to pass by your face to shoot. People swipe at it.

I can only think of one guy in the world whose hands seem to frequently end up in other guys junk when going around screens.

Woodbury did it with intent, no doubt in my mind

Reactions: steelrain
The story is gaining national attention.

Check out the story linked at the end of this post.

As you will see, this is what Connor had to say:

“He grabbed me right in the — where you don’t want to be grabbed in,” McCaffery said about Davison. “He does that. He’s marked for doing that. He’s the type of player, unfortunately, who feels the need to do that stuff. Tonight he cost them the game.”

LINK: https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...cheap-shot-wisconsin-badgers-iowa-video-dirty

Send the Big Ten media folks your frustrations at him still playing in the Big Ten. I posted email links from the media guide in #107. Bomb them with complaints until they notify Wisconsin to suspend him indefinitely, or dump him entirely.

Other quality players in the Big Ten deserve better than to have a kid that plays like a thug on the other side of the ball every week. Someone's going to get seriously hurt by his bullshit acts, and then they will REALLY regret not holding Wisconsin and Davison accountable. The history is there; the videos are there. That's not college BB or Big Ten BB, so keep emailing them.

I may send a complaint a day to them until I either get coherent responses, or they actually do something.

From last year: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_4f92ac8f-dba9-5864-9ae9-afccabf82598.html

At least two dirty plays last night. The BIG Office must look at his pattern of behavior, and that of the entire Wisconsin coaching staff. This behavior is absolutely condoned by them, or it wouldn't keep happening. I'm a big fan of Dean Oliver, and hope he ends up at home someday soon, but I hope he is not involved supporting these antics.

Emails for the BT in Post 107. Let them know. Keep telling them until they cry "Uncle".
Repast the same letter every morning and just resend with a "Still Awaiting Action"

It's easy for 10,000 people to resend that every day. It'll make it hell for them to receive 10,000 angry emails a day to their Inboxes. Make it even funner by using Burner Emails with your actual name, so they cannot just filter.

“He grabbed me right in the — where you don’t want to be grabbed in,” McCaffery said about Davison. “He does that. He’s marked for doing that. He’s the type of player, unfortunately, who feels the need to do that stuff. Tonight he cost them the game.”

LINK: https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...cheap-shot-wisconsin-badgers-iowa-video-dirty
Coming back to bite them.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Send the Big Ten media folks your frustrations at him still playing in the Big Ten. I posted email links from the media guide in #107. Bomb them with complaints until they notify Wisconsin to suspend him indefinitely, or dump him entirely.

Other quality players in the Big Ten deserve better than to have a kid that plays like a thug on the other side of the ball every week. Someone's going to get seriously hurt by his bullshit acts, and then they will REALLY regret not holding Wisconsin and Davison accountable. The history is there; the videos are there. That's not college BB or Big Ten BB, so keep emailing them.

I may send a complaint a day to them until I either get coherent responses, or they actually do something.

I keep saying this about Wisconsin's entire play style. It's an abomination and should be banned.

Woodbury did it with intent, no doubt in my mind

Yes, his full intentions were criminal in nature and fully calculated. He purposefully attempted to maim others in public by carefully jabbing his fingers in other players eye sockets in front of a national audience JC

Last edited:
I disagree
I disagree with your disagreement. If it happened once or twice, that's unintentional. It happened too many times to be accidental. Perhaps he didn't spear players with his fingers, but he was getting his fingers so close to players eyes that just a slight, subtle movement could poke them and did.
I haven't seen it from Garza once...or any other hawkeye since Woodbury left.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
I always love it when people have no doubt on the intent of another person. I actually don't think Woodbury was dexterous enough to try to gauge someone in the face without missing and full out punching someone. It would fairly hard to do to try to poke someone in the eye when they are making basketball moves and not miss and full out slap them.

As for Davison, I also do not know the intent but you just don't see someone lower and stick an arm between a guy's legs while trying to get AROUND a screen.

Wow... Didn't know about that flop to win against Western Kentucky as a freshman. Running up behind the guy guarding the inbounder to set a screen then flop backwards. Clearly still moving. What is the defender supposed to do?

What a garbage program Wisconsin is for encouraging that type of "win at all costs" approach.

I disagree with your disagreement. If it happened once or twice, that's unintentional. It happened too many times to be accidental. Perhaps he didn't spear players with his fingers, but he was getting his fingers so close to players eyes that just a slight, subtle movement could poke them and did.
I haven't seen it from Garza once...or any other hawkeye since Woodbury left.

How many times did it happen? I remember two.

What did Alan Griffin do last year to get suspended? People keep referencing that as an example why Davison should be suspended.

What did Alan Griffin do last year to get suspended? People keep referencing that as an example why Davison should be suspended.

Stepping on a guy after a play under the basket.

Dick move. Deserving suspension. Little or no actual threat of injury.

In contrast here, Davison is routinely actively trying to injure other players - such as sticking your feet under a rebounder so he'll break an ankle. That is a far more serious issue IMO. He should never play in the BT again. Not 1 minute.

BT emails I've posted are getting a morning email from me until I get some form of response from them, or another person to contact.

How many times did it happen? I remember two.
It was just that Wisconsin game with Kaminsky. I think the first time he did it, it was an accident but then he saw the reaction it got from Wisconsin so he went and did it again. Woodbury was a dick but I never saw him do anything remotely close to the crap Davidson pulls.

Wow... Didn't know about that flop to win against Western Kentucky as a freshman. Running up behind the guy guarding the inbounder to set a screen then flop backwards. Clearly still moving. What is the defender supposed to do?

What a garbage program Wisconsin is for encouraging that type of "win at all costs" approach.
If Fran had a guy like this on his team, I think he'd put an end to it. and if it continued, it would be THE END for the player

Someone w/ Premium Account access should post those BT email links on MSU's and MN's BB forum pages. Their players are the next ones exposed to Davison, and may be at risk of injury with his next F-1 fouls.

Encourage them to send daily emails to those BT folks, until they get an answer.

There's a big difference between playing tough and playing dirty. Davison is dirty. The first time I saw him play, my thought was that this twit was the second coming of MSU's Scott Skiles. Punks of a feather flock together.

Reactions: Joes Place
I think Gard pretends to not see this stuff because of the intense pressure he is under to produce wins...

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT