ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley comment about the Iowa win.

Yeah I don't understand the people here. That's clearly not a shooting foul. Of course that called helped Iowa and Staley isn't wrong in her tweet.
But that really isn't the point though is it? Of all the calls that refs miss or get wrong, this is the one she calls out, and frankly given Clarks heroics had nothing to do with the outcome and final score.

LULZ. Caitlin appears in State Farm commercials during today’s game between Mississippi State and Staley’s South Carolina.
Bite it, Dawn. (Sadly, the top-rated Lady Gamecocks are up by 25 late in the fourth quarter.)

Reactions: shikreto
Molly made 2 of 3 free throws. If it wasn’t called a shooting foul she still gets 2 free throws. So it was not as an impactful call as coach S seems to think. She still cannot handle little Iowa beating her “unbeatable” team. I love that she is still pissed about Iowa and Caitlin beating her. She couldn’t give Caitlin credit—-in her postgame last year she commented on Caitlin’s turnovers——Really coach?!?!?

Molly made 2 of 3 free throws. If it wasn’t called a shooting foul she still gets 2 free throws. So it was not as an impactful call as coach S seems to think. She still cannot handle little Iowa beating her “unbeatable” team. I love that she is still pissed about Iowa and Caitlin beating her. She couldn’t give Caitlin credit—-in her postgame last year she commented on Caitlin’s turnovers——Really coach?!?!?
Were the Hawkeyes in the bonus? I thought they would have been inbounding the ball, so in the end was in the same situation as it should have been.

Were the Hawkeyes in the bonus? I thought they would have been inbounding the ball, so in the end was in the same situation as it should have been.

Yeah, pretty sure they’d have been shooting two regardless at that point.

Ok, if that is not a shooting foul, then Iowa is inbounding the ball with a fresh 20 second shot clock (I believe) with 29 seconds left. Iowa still has a huge advantage in that situation. Iowa probably still wins, they just don't hit a buzzer beater to do it.

Watch Haley Van Lith on the bench. It’s almost as if she doesn't care that Reese got stopped, or maybe expected her to fail. I bet she never dreamt she’d be sitting on the bench, at the end of a game, on the deciding possession.
Pretty telling. I guarantee you at Louisville that ball would have been in her hands. Oh well...

Found this gem of a shirt on Raygun…

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
She is absolutely is racist. She has had several instances where she has proved she is racist. The post above me has alluded to this. Oh wait according to dumocrats it is impossible for black people to be racist. Quit the damn pandering and call a spade a spade.

Crawl back to your shithole and where you belong and get off this board.

She did get a couple if outside shooters. That was a priority of hers after last years Iowa game.
They have shooters now, and the girl we let shoot last year is now shooting something like 35% this year from 3, up from 24% last year. This one is gonna be tough. :(

She is absolutely is racist. She has had several instances where she has proved she is racist. The post above me has alluded to this. Oh wait according to dumocrats it is impossible for black people to be racist. Quit the damn pandering and call a spade a spade.
Oh no, a worshiper of the insurrectionist with a tiny mushroom peen is calling someone a racist. LOL

Reactions: nelly02
They have shooters now, and the girl we let shoot last year is now shooting something like 35% this year from 3, up from 24% last year. This one is gonna be tough. :(
Amazingly she actually shot 50% in the game last season, (3 of 6) I believe, so its quite possible she doesn't do better this year. Its funny though, because they will have to be ON as well. They may actually shoot more from deep to prove a point, and if their off it could hurt their offense instead of letting their big eat down low.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
It’d be so great if anyone ever read thru another thread to see if a topic has already been discussed to death. This happens daily with WBB content…I would not be surprised to see yet another thread about this tomorrow. Why is no one capable of reading, or at least using the search function?

Also lol at you fragile bros convinced every black woman is racist. Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist. You can take a number of classes at the institution we all cheer for in the anthropology, poli sci, international studies departments etc to learn why that is. The irony of you guys pretending to be victims while complaining about Staley wanting to play the victim too lmaooo.

Try Again Music Video GIF
<<Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist>>

Dawn Staley is a racist in the very classic sense.

Yes! Lol it’s a pretty great place that way! I don’t think I ever had a conservative professor tbh. Iowa City is such a liberal oasis…its why I love cheering for this school so much — great memories, great people :) I don’t live in Iowa anymore but I bet yall are glad your taxes dollars are doing god’s work right?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

PS the reason you guys are so upset about whether black people can be racist is bc you guys don’t understand how institutionalized racism or intersectionality works. Again, you can take a number of classes at our Alma mater to learn about it, it’s good stuff. In state tuition is cheap. It’s not rly that complicated either.

Also, I know this might explode your heads even more but if you follow some of our players on social media…brace yourself…you’ll see they’re pretty damn woke too! Clutch your pearls brothers!
The very epitome of the idiocy, sickness, and hilarity that liberalism has foisted on us.

I'd laugh if people like you weren't so dangerous.

<<Staley is bitter and maybe jealous but not racist>>

Dawn Staley is a racist in the very classic sense.
Be careful now…there are people here that vehemently claim that black people can’t be racist. 😜 Call it what you want…but Staley is absolutely jealous of all the attention that CC gets.

Excuse you. The Reddit Wbb community is just about the only place on the internet you can have an actual conversation about the game.

I’ve met a lot more reasonable fans from, for example South Carolina, Nebraska and Indiana on there than anywhere else. Twitter is a dumpster fire of unchecked toxicity and bots, in contrast.

I cheer for multiple teams so it’s nice to engage with other fans who can string together more than one sentence. Most people seem to actually have attended the schools they cheer for as well, so it’s not surprising.

Iowa fans make up a strong majority of fans there as well which is fun. There are some NCAA officials on there too who provide great insight. And people share insight from different programs. An Indiana fan saw Sara Scalia on her campus visit, for example, so we saw that transfer coming. An LSU fan shared that Angel Reese wasn’t even on campus the first couple weeks of practice…too busy apparently. They weren’t happy to learn that but I loved reading lol.

It’s also very accommodating — anyone who is racist, homophobic, transphobic is banned with little delay. That may not be your style so I get why you might not like it lmao.
The last paragraph is hilarious. And you might want to check the definition of "accommodating".

Be careful now…there are people here that vehemently claim that black people can’t be racist. 😜 Call it what you want…but Staley is absolutely jealous of all the attention that CC gets.
I actually don't think she is jealous. She just can't stand that she, and others, are being supplanted by a white girl. That ain't jealousy, that's racism.

The funny thing is, before I actually saw her play, I assumed from accounts and descriptions that Caitlin Clark was Black! So I'm probably a racist, too, 😆

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT