ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Sanders Strict Dress Code

You realize a sizable chunk of those who complained were multi year starters, some had decent NFL careers, many had serious NFL looks.

It amazes me how much people have to ignore to maintain their opinions on this issue.
You realize a larger sizeable chunk of players who were successful didn't say the program had irredeemable values, that a few minor tweaks were needed simply to refresh things and keep a good culture strong?

It amazes me that people who weren't inside the building are just convinced the Iowa program was 1960's Birmingham, AL...

You realize a sizable chunk of those who complained were multi year starters, some had decent NFL careers, many had serious NFL looks.

It amazes me how much people have to ignore to maintain their opinions on this issue.
Okay. Who were they and what were their complaints? I know James Daniels didn't appreciate Doyle. James also made the comment how fun Bears practices were because the then coach played loud music during them whereas Kirk was an old fuddy duddy. That Bears coach was soon thereafter fired for shitty performance.

And good old Hakeem Butler. He was usually good for a big time dropsey against the Hawks in crunch time.

You also realize that many who complained simply did not like the "culture" that was expected - kind of like the one Deion is trying to establish. You know, the real world where you don't walk into a business with your pants half way down your ass. It amazes me how much people have to ignore to maintain their opinions on this issue. And the settlement had more to do with economics than an admission of guilt.

You realize a larger sizeable chunk of players who were successful didn't say the program had irredeemable values, that a few minor tweaks were needed simply to refresh things and keep a good culture strong?

It amazes me that people who weren't inside the building are just convinced the Iowa program was 1960's Birmingham, AL...

You realize this last sentence is an absolute lie right? Your first paragraph doesnt make sense, but the last part is absurdly is baseless and irrational.

You also realize that many who complained simply did not like the "culture" that was expected - kind of like the one Deion is trying to establish. You know, the real world where you don't walk into a business with your pants half way down your ass. It amazes me how much people have to ignore to maintain their opinions on this issue. And the settlement had more to do with economics than an admission of guilt.

So the independent investigator said they needed to change. The university said they needed to change. The athletic department admitted they needed to change. The rest of the staff admits they needed to change. How many people involved in the process are you going to ignore on this issue.

The lawsuit is a separate issue. That is the fringe players that very few people agree with.

So the independent investigator said they needed to change. The university said they needed to change. The athletic department admitted they needed to change. The rest of the staff admits they needed to change. How many people involved in the process are you going to ignore on this issue.

The lawsuit is a separate issue. That is the fringe players that very few people agree with.
To fight it was a no win issue. DEI is all the rage now and if you don't comply, you are guilty no matter what your actual track record is.

I have a child in a parochial school and they have uniforms and we love it. No complaining about what he will wear by him and everyone is basically wearing the same stuff so no one is any better than anyone else with fancy duds. And they do enforce it. If something is non compliant it is removed or the child goes home until they can comply. People who think there will be some mass exodus of kids from public schools I think are mistaken. There may be an initial small surge but I bet it rebounds back a bit. I don't think many parents know what they are getting into with the private / parochial schools in terms of expectations. It ain't hands off from a parental standpoint I can tell you that.
You are describing exactly why the school choice passed. Those are the schools people want. There won't be a surge back in most of the larger population centers. Unis are great for kids. Give them some school pride in the colors.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
He did the exact same thing at his previous school.

He's trying to de-thug the program.

giphy.gif
Maybe he needs to be president and straighten all out

Reactions: CookyMonster

Lmao:
*independent investigator: First off, no investigation is ever independent. Especially when concerning an explosive issue like race. Second, independent investigators depend on revenue from witch hunts just like this. If they found no evidence of wrongdoing, they'd essentially justify their very own obsolescence.

*university: The UofI is an appalling Marxist cesspool eager to justify their racial grievance narrative. You're seriously surprised a place like that would roll over for guys crying racism over a ****ing overcooked steak?

*athletic department/staff: They essentially had no other choice. After a multiple time felon and disgusting drug addict died in Minneapolis, a case like this naturally became a runaway train. If they stood up for themselves it would've been even crazier.

Lmao:
*independent investigator: First off, no investigation is ever independent. Especially when concerning an explosive issue like race. Second, independent investigators depend on revenue from witch hunts just like this. If they found no evidence of wrongdoing, they'd essentially justify their very own obsolescence.

*university: The UofI is an appalling Marxist cesspool eager to justify their racial grievance narrative. You're seriously surprised a place like that would roll over for guys crying racism over a ****ing overcooked steak?

*athletic department/staff: They essentially had no other choice. After a multiple time felon and disgusting drug addict died in Minneapolis, a case like this naturally became a runaway train. If they stood up for themselves it would've been even crazier.

Your imagination is WILD and your morals are PATHETIC.

George Floyd was the victim of a now convicted murderer who was assisted by now convicted felons. He didn't deserve to die. It seems pretty clear your are a godless man based off your opinions here.

Last edited:
Your imagination is WILD and your morals are PATHETIC.

George Floyd was the victim of a now convicted murderer who was assisted by now convicted felons. He didn't deserve to die. It seems pretty clear your are a godless man based off your opinions here.
🤣🤣
And yet you don't attempt to even nominally engage with the valid points I raised... Instead electing to vomit out a bizarre series of pejoratives aimed at someone you've never met.

Although I do admit that you're totally right: poor wittle St. Floyd... who was an unequivocal scumbag that held a pregnant woman hostage with a fully loaded firearm. Yes, of course he didn't deserve to die (and I f*cking LOATHE law enforcement, for what it's worth). But it's not even up for debate that the world is a much better place with him no longer in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KFsdisciple
🤣🤣
And yet you don't attempt to even nominally engage with the valid points I raised... Instead electing to vomit out a bizarre series of pejoratives aimed at someone you've never met.

Although I do admit that you're totally right: poor wittle St. Floyd... who was an unequivocal scumbag that held a pregnant woman hostage with a fully loaded firearm. Yes, of course he didn't deserve to die (and I f*cking LOATHE law enforcement, for what it's worth). But it's not even up for debate that the world is a much better place with him no longer in it.
You’re wrong St Floyd was an angel… he was full of love and joy and peace. He’s a hero. Every kid should grow up to be just like him 😉

You are describing exactly why the school choice passed. Those are the schools people want. There won't be a surge back in most of the larger population centers. Unis are great for kids. Give them some school pride in the colors.
We got fed up with the very large public school our older kids were attending. I had so many discussions with administrators and teachers, including the Superintendent. I am a fairly old for being a parent of school aged kids, so I went to school in the 70s and 80s. We didn't give the teachers any crap back then and they loaded on homework and held us to account. And that was a smaller public school. Even though my young self didn't appreciate it as much back then I realize years later how great it was. In the current public school they will let a kid take an exam as many times as they wish to get the grade they want and there was no real emphasis on homework for practice and repetition. There was a large age gap between our kids. We just decided to start the last child in a parochial school based on those past experiences, even though we had to pay 100%. I would have worked a second job if I had to in order to be able to send the kid there.

I know people get all worked up about private schools taking money from public schools. Well, no public school is gonna complain when I am paying taxes to support them later on when I don't have kids in school any more. I think the shift is being overblown also, as I think most kids will stay right where they are because they (parents and kid) are comfortable there.

🤣🤣

What valid points? You havent provided any. George Floyd was a flawed person, but he didn't deserve to die. The officers not only killed him but prevented anyone from helping him.

Its starting to look like the world would be a much better place without you to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: dean_oliver222
You’re wrong St Floyd was an angel… he was full of love and joy and peace. He’s a hero. Every kid should grow up to be just like him 😉

Was the officer right in murdering him? Were the other officers right in helping the murder happen? The crimes he committed were 13 years before and he served his punishment. Do you believe people can improve over a 13 year period?

It blows my mind that people attack his past to more or less justify his murder by police.

Was the officer right in murdering him? Were the other officers right in helping the murder happen? The crimes he committed were 13 years before and he served his punishment. Do you believe people can improve over a 13 year period?

It blows my mind that people attack his past to more or less justify his murder by police.
Two things can be true... he was a POS human being, but how he died was messed up. I suppose if he was an improved guy he might not be high on drugs and trying to pass fake money/checks whatever it was. It doesn't matter. Cops can't go around killing POS human beings just because. That doesn't mean that GF didn't participate in his own death by committing stupid criminal acts, resisting arrest, and being high on drugs.

What valid points? You havent provided any. George Floyd was a flawed person, but he didn't deserve to die. The officers not only killed him but prevented anyone from helping him.

Its starting to look like the world would be a much better place without you to be honest.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
at some point, I'm the dumbass for continuing to engage with a complete buffoon.

"What valid points? You havent provided any."

Ummmm, my entire basis for entering this debate in the first place was not to discuss George F*cking Floyd. Whom I brought up in the very last sentence of a multi-pronged argument. 99% of my argument, which u totally ignored like a little bitch, specifically addressed your futile claims about the trustworthiness of independent investigators. And why it means nothing that a Marxist, anti-White university like Iowa caved to the race-hustling players.

Not a peep about any of that... nothing but you continuing to perform verbal fallitio on St. Floyd.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
at some point, I'm the dumbass for continuing to engage with a complete buffoon.

Ummmm, my entire basis for entering this debate in the first place was not to discuss George F*cking Floyd. Whom I brought up in the very last sentence of a multi-pronged argument. 99% of my argument, which u totally ignored like a little bitch, specifically addressed your futile claims about the trustworthiness of independent investigators. And why it means nothing that a Marxist, anti-White university like Iowa caved to the race-hustling players.

Not a peep about any of that... nothing but you continuing to perform verbal fallitio on St. Floyd.

You are not a dumbass for discussing things with me. You had that wrapped up long ago.

As for the rest of your post that I didnt address. It's hard to address such stupid assumptions. The investigators, the University, the athletic department and the coaches were the ones with the real feedback from players and came to this conclusion. And a mental reject like yourself just tossed it aside because you don't like the narrative.

THE PEOPLE WITH THE FACTS CAME TO THE CONCLUSION.

• Haha
Two things can be true... he was a POS human being, but how he died was messed up. I suppose if he was an improved guy he might not be high on drugs and trying to pass fake money/checks whatever it was. It doesn't matter. Cops can't go around killing POS human beings just because. That doesn't mean that GF didn't participate in his own death by committing stupid criminal acts, resisting arrest, and being high on drugs.

I feel like you should probably change your name here. KF works to improve young men's lives and slowly changes for the better. It doesn't seem like you stand for the same things he does.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lets look at this another way. The 99% of your argument was to dismiss the investigators, the university, the athletic department and the coaches. It would be reasonable to think 100+ professionals were part of that process.

So the investigators and their staff, the higher ups in the university with internal and probably external lawyers, the higherups in the athletic department, and effectively the entire football staff all lied or are cowards for your narrative to work.

My point isn't just the independent investigators. It isnt just the top of the university. It isn't just the ahtletic department decision makers. It isn't just the football staff. It isn't just the football players who spoke out.

Look at all the people you have to ignore like a little bitch for your dream world to work. Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

• Haha
He was not a martyr either. Getting killed by someone is a risk in a career of crime. No one should have cancelled a test or a class because two shitbag psychos collided and one ended up dead and the other in prison.

I feel like you should probably change your name here. KF works to improve young men's lives and slowly changes for the better. It doesn't seem like you stand for the same things he does.
You should probably find a sack to lick… I stand by every word I typed. GF was a POS dude, cops can’t just go around taking out POS people. The real lesson here should have been don’t do drugs and don’t pass fake money.

Well, i don't know that these are really the same situations imo.

For one, Deion's public image has always been as someone who dresses sharp. This is a continuation of that.

For another, Deion's only been a head coach for two years, and he's been successful to date. Winning forgives all sins. Lets see if people remain happy with stuff like this if he goes 3-9 or 4-8.

Third, he is trying to establish a new culture amongst players used to losing. Again, he's getting away with it...for now.

Coaches of color also tend to have shorter leashes than do white coaches - look up sometime the avg tenure of a white head coach vs a black head coach in the NFL, it would surprise you.
I would except that the time to build the context around as to why each coach was let go would be way to time consuming. Making a statement like "look up the avg. tenure of a white head coach vs a black head coach in the NFL would surprise you" would only lead to a useless statistic that is meaningless without the appropriate supporting data. It's kind of like saying more of this race are admitted to Harvard than should be based on the racial makeup of the country .Both are true, but both are meaningless.

Okay. Who were they and what were their complaints? I know James Daniels didn't appreciate Doyle. James also made the comment how fun Bears practices were because the then coach played loud music during them whereas Kirk was an old fuddy duddy. That Bears coach was soon thereafter fired for shitty performance.

And good old Hakeem Butler. He was usually good for a big time dropsey against the Hawks in crunch time.
Talking to several players from the past 20yrs (starters), not a one had a negative thing to say about Doyle, even those who were there during the Rhabdo days (one even said "we were told to not be lazy during the down time, those that were ended up being the worst of the bunch). Guessing how some of the kids took Doyle and other coaches that are\were "rough", probably came from a system that didn't stress "hard work" on a daily basis. The kids from our school never had an issue with what was asked of them (2 were full time starters and reached the NFL).

Talking to several players from the past 20yrs (starters), not a one had a negative thing to say about Doyle, even those who were there during the Rhabdo days (one even said "we were told to not be lazy during the down time, those that were ended up being the worst of the bunch). Guessing how some of the kids took Doyle and other coaches that are\were "rough", probably came from a system that didn't stress "hard work" on a daily basis. The kids from our school never had an issue with what was asked of them (2 were full time starters and reached the NFL).
The spirit of the age was going to get their pound of flesh, Doyle absolutely fell on the sword.

Well you have to harbor and set up a team environment to where nobody feels or thinks anybody just picking on them because of the color of their skin or where they are from either.. but that’s just my opinion thou.. that’s where these rules and regulations can take a very different path from the coach and staff to the players..

• Haha
I wondered if some liked to party a bit and that usually doesn't bode well when you go back and have to work out.

You should probably find a sack to lick… I stand by every word I typed. GF was a POS dude, cops can’t just go around taking out POS people. The real lesson here should have been don’t do drugs and don’t pass fake money.

GF's history also didn't discredit Iowa's need to fix cultural issues in the program. It is fine for you to be a bit of a scumbag and ignore the absurd punishment GF got that day considering he had already paid for his past transgressions. Im just glad the athletic department, university, and KF and staff recognized there was a change that needed to happen at Iowa and they took steps to make Iowa better.

• Haha
The spirit of the age was going to get their pound of flesh, Doyle absolutely fell on the sword.

Doyle tied his own noose, he did not fall on the sword. Him forcing his exit made the issue last months longer in the public eye. Such a stupid view to make Doyle look like a victim.

• Haha
GF's history also didn't discredit Iowa's need to fix cultural issues in the program. It is fine for you to be a bit of a scumbag and ignore the absurd punishment GF got that day considering he had already paid for his past transgressions. Im just glad the athletic department, university, and KF and staff recognized there was a change that needed to happen at Iowa and they took steps to make Iowa better.
TWICE I've said cops can't go around killing POS people.. That's not their job. You see what you want to see and read what you want to read. After 20 years coaching in the same place I don't doubt they needed to make some changes to make things seem more inclusive, and I'm willing to bet they probably needed to re-evaluate some of their motivational tactics as today's athletes just don't have the same mentality they did back in the 90's, they're a more coddled group today.

Well you have to harbor and set up a team environment to where nobody feels or thinks anybody just picking on them because of the color of their skin or where they are from either.. but that’s just my opinion thou.. that’s where these rules and regulations can take a very different path from the coach and staff to the players..
You cannot govern based on feelings; they change like the wind. The standards were set for some time at iowa, you just have some kids that come in thinking they are entitled to everything, and everyone should genuflect to them. This mindset starts and stops at home, coaches can't coach effort - that's on the individual.

TWICE I've said cops can't go around killing POS people.. That's not their job. You see what you want to see and read what you want to read. After 20 years coaching in the same place I don't doubt they needed to make some changes to make things seem more inclusive, and I'm willing to bet they probably needed to re-evaluate some of their motivational tactics as today's athletes just don't have the same mentality they did back in the 90's, they're a more coddled group today.

GF played very little role in what happened at Iowa. A bunch of black athletes had problems at Iowa, some had vaguely tweeted about it in the past before George Floyd was murdered. The athletic department and footall program saw there were issues before GF was murdered and took some superficial steps to address it before.

Im glad we both see things needed to be changed. This isn't about coddling athletes though. Coach Doyle had issues that needed to be addressed. The football staff had issues that needed to be addressed. Only one decided to be a failure and more or less run from the problem.

At some point we should realize that being scumbags towards athletes is a problem. They are an asset to the programs so treating them like crap because of a flawed mindset should have never been a thing let alone be mocked for being addressed slowly now.

• Haha
"Bunch" of players is somewhat misleading when one considers the hundreds, probably more than a thousand black players KF and BD coached during their careers. Twenty-five or fifty sounds like a bunch, until you consider that's a single digit problem group, if that large.

When you have a situation where 95% don't have a problem and 5% have a problem, the problem might just be the 5%'s definition of "problem." I really doubt if the total of black players that said they felt racial hostility was anywhere close to 5%.

GF played very little role in what happened at Iowa. A bunch of black athletes had problems at Iowa, some had vaguely tweeted about it in the past before George Floyd was murdered. The athletic department and footall program saw there were issues before GF was murdered and took some superficial steps to address it before.

Im glad we both see things needed to be changed. This isn't about coddling athletes though. Coach Doyle had issues that needed to be addressed. The football staff had issues that needed to be addressed. Only one decided to be a failure and more or less run from the problem.

At some point we should realize that being scumbags towards athletes is a problem. They are an asset to the programs so treating them like crap because of a flawed mindset should have never been a thing let alone be mocked for being addressed slowly now.
“GF played very little role in what happened at Iowa.”

It actually had nothing to do with what happened at Iowa The atmosphere that it created had a ton to do with how it was handled and the escalation that was involved.

“GF played very little role in what happened at Iowa.”

It actually had nothing to do with what happened at Iowa The atmosphere that it created had a ton to do with how it was handled and the escalation that was involved.
Damn CID. You’re a beatitude. Blessed is CID, for he is objective and the adult in the room.

The only way you could do better would be to have several (loosely related and loosely supporting) Tweets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT