ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto

Could Brands ask for clarity from the big10 or NCAA on the legality of what RBY did? I think the fact that it caused injury mostly answers the question of whether it’s illegal, but it’d be good to get a public ruling. Anyone know if there is a process for that?

Brands said Austin wasn’t injured, so it would be hard to make that argument now.

When did he say that?

He said he could have kept wrestling. You don’t keep wrestling with an injured knee. It requires treatment, rehab, recovery time, and support. So unless Brands is pretty cavalier about his wrestlers’ health, we have to assume he’s not injured.

Reactions: nitlion6
He said he could have kept wrestling. You don’t keep wrestling with an injured knee. It requires treatment, rehab, recovery time, and support. So unless Brands is pretty cavalier about his wrestlers’ health, we have to assume he’s not injured.
I would disagree. Injury is to a matter of degree. Murin wrestled inured. Probably half of them wrestle with some level of injury. He simply may have been unaware of the intensity of the injury at the time.

If I remember correctly ADS had to back out of the Fix match at beat the streets due to a knee or leg injury, not sure which side it was but possibly the right side.

First off hope Desanto is ok and comes back strong but.... Lol investigated for trying to cradle a guy?

Askren, who is no fan of Iowa, said the move is illegal but that for some reason officials let guys get away with it. So, yes, he did just “try to cradle” him, using an illegal move that can damage a knee.

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
I would disagree. Injury is to a matter of degree. Murin wrestled inured. Probably half of them wrestle with some level of injury. He simply may have been unaware of the intensity of the injury at the time.

Guys wrestle with injuries to joints after having an MRI to get a diagnosis, treating them, starting a rehab program, giving it some time, and putting on a brace for support.

Brands opinion is that none of that was necessary, Austin just needed to calm down. Sure sounds like he considered it to be a lot closer to pain than injury on the “pain injury” spectrum.

I’m of firm belief that it was certainly not intentional by RBY.. Just a very unfortunate situation. There was def some good scouting done for that cradle by the PSU staff though.
That can't be. According to this board, Cael can't coach. ;)

Guys wrestle with injuries to joints after having an MRI to get a diagnosis, treating them, starting a rehab program, giving it some time, and putting on a brace for support.

Brands opinion is that none of that was necessary, Austin just needed to calm down. Sure sounds like he considered it to be a lot closer to pain than injury on the “pain injury” spectrum.

Him needing to calm down is a separate issue to the injury it is not one or the other.

Reactions: anon_hc7hkvtk15hp5

I remember the first wrestling meet I watched.

Let's be patient, Art.

It could have been more severe than Brands thought post match.

Like I said, I'd bet a million dollars the MCL is torn, or at least partially torn.

Go back to the PSU board and keep making excuses for Marky Mark.

Little fella found a guy that matched him in tenacity and over powered him on the mat. And join that circle jerk on BWI that thinks the Kem victory was a fluke event.

Pro tip... it wasn't!
Don't forget Brooks is way better than Assad, it will be like Sorenson was. RBY has figured out Desanto and will beat him every time now, and there's no way Murin, Lugo, or Young won't wrestle under seed at NCAA's. Kemdog obviously juiced to gain 2 weight classes also

Last edited:
Reactions: OldestandGreatest
Go back to the PSU board and keep making excuses for Marky Mark.

Little fella found a guy that matched him in tenacity and over powered him on the mat. And join that circle jerk on BWI that thinks the Kem victory was a fluke event.

Pro tip... it wasn't!
You're giving out pro tips again?
Like the ones you were giving out on BWI a couple months ago?

MitchLL's Pro tips

Pro tip#1-Cenzo isn't beating Bull.Pro tip #2-Cenzo has never beaten Bull. Why would that change now?And be objective, please.
Pro tip #3-NEVER in college. Bull lives rent free in Cenzo's head. He knows he'll end up on his back again if he gets aggressive with Marinelli

MitchLL's Pro tips

Pro tip#1-Cenzo isn't beating Bull.Pro tip #2-Cenzo has never beaten Bull. Why would that change now?And be objective, please.
Pro tip #3-NEVER in college. Bull lives rent free in Cenzo's head. He knows he'll end up on his back again if he gets aggressive with Marinelli

Scoreboard;)

And while Cenzo beat the Bull... that's still a 50/50. Who do you think is VJ's biggest obstacle to a title this year. I'd love to debate you guys on your forum, but your mod's pussy gets irritated when opposing views are expressed.

Marky Mark just ran into a wrestler on Friday nite that he can't intimidate.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
you guy's are funny. Bull vs Joseph next match 50/50 Kem vs Hall next match 50/50 actually you could throw all four in a round robin and they would probably all win 2 and lose 1 Desanto seriously injured ?have no idea. if he could continue? he should have, see Patrick Mckee mn. up 5-2 hurts his knee continues to wrestle and gets tech fall'd. He did save his team a point. Also saw mn. forfieted #125 today. Maybe Eggum is stupid for letting him continue?

MitchLL's Pro tips

In mitch's defense I do believe Bull is Cenzo's head. He makes his bread living upper body, have you ever seen him so hesitant or back off upper locks as you did last Friday? Yes he hit the one, but backed out of several before that. Regardless each match moving forward will be a dog fight, I like Bull's chances moving forward but anything is far from guaranteed for either wrestler

Are you an inner circle member? If not, you should be.

Maybe he's saving his money for the new Carver annex soon to be built........
images

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I can't get this gif to attach for some reason, but here's the link.
https://imgflip.com/gif/3numws
Glad you posted that.If you look at RBY right hand it's just below the calf and the left hand is on the toe.I thought he only pulled the toe out with his left hand.He more scooped the leg then he did yank the knee out.After watching that clip I don't see much wrong with that.The knee gets in worse positions sometimes when guys are trying to grab the ankle on a go behind.And the ref doesn't stop it because of the move he blows the whistle because Austin screamed

Don't forget Brooks is way better than Assad, it will be like Sorenson was. RBY has figured out Desanto and will beat him every time now, and there's no way Murin, Lugo, or Young won't wrestle under seed at NCAA's. Kemdog obviously juiced to gain 2 weight classes also
You forgot the best one on bwi, that SL is unhappy at iowa and going home to Pennsylvania after this season. OP claims a very connected source. Smh

Glad you posted that.If you look at RBY right hand it's just below the calf and the left hand is on the toe.I thought he only pulled the toe out with his left hand.He more scooped the leg then he did yank the knee out.After watching that clip I don't see much wrong with that.The knee gets in worse positions sometimes when guys are trying to grab the ankle on a go behind.And the ref doesn't stop it because of the move he blows the whistle because Austin screamed
Exactly knees are in far worse situations in go behinds and scrambling. It is unfortunate Desanto got hurt, but to act as if RBY did something malicious is just silly. People calling for him to get investigated lol talk about snowflake. This is wrestling....

Exactly knees are in far worse situations in go behinds and scrambling. It is unfortunate Desanto got hurt, but to act as if RBY did something malicious is just silly. People calling for him to get investigated lol talk about snowflake. This is wrestling....
I understand being pissed Austin had to default.But the say it was intentional is ridiculous.Anyone who's saying that obviously never wrestled.If he wanted to hurt Austin he would've just pulled the toe up and out and hard.He wouldn't have had his right hand below the calf.

Reactions: Gobblin

I think Askren needs to watch it again. His take on what RBY did is absolutely incorrect. Had RBY grabbed ADS just above the ankle (as Askren claims) there would have been no problem. But that not what happened. RBY grabbed the foot, pulled it outside the hip, and twisted it. That's a knee shredder.

I think Askren needs to watch it again. His take on what RBY did is absolutely incorrect. Had RBY grabbed ADS just above the ankle (as Askren claims) there would have been no problem. But that not what happened. RBY grabbed the foot, pulled it outside the hip, and twisted it. That's a knee shredder.
He also didn't just put pressure on the knee, he jerked the ankle out. No chance for reaction time for the ref to stop for potentially dangerous.

Guessing there must be 2 videos of the leg pull and cradle. Are we seeing both of them or just the least egregious?

This. He also elevated it when yanking on ankle (lifted the ankle off mat with 2 hands)... what Askren said he did not do ..... NOT GOOD!

I like Askren but he is an idiot on this....

Reactions: TtotheL and MVPFAN

Exactly, Mop Top is full of crap with his video. He inaccurately describes what happened so his opinion that is was not a bad move is meaningless. The funny thing is the part of the video where he shows the technique that is dangerous is what RBY did.

Reactions: armbartilt

I think Ben bowed to pressure either from flo or maybe Boner .

Just because it doesn't cause injury does not keep the action from being illegal. It is important to have a precedent set if it happens again, and could also keep it from ever being done again.

Others posted that this just happened at Lehigh resulting in a DQ. I am otherwise unaware of it but if anyone knows or has video that would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT