ADVERTISEMENT

Diana Taurasi please meet our friend Caitlin “Reality” Clark

I posted this in the mega thread, too, but the Olympic Selection Committee needs to remind us why 42 year old Diana should be on the Olympic team and 22 year old Caitlin should not.

Check out the assist & rebound difference from today's game:

.......................Caitlin..........Diana

Mins.................39...................32

From 3:...........2-10...............2-10
From 2:............2-4................3-4

Overall
Shooting:
....4-14 (29%).....5-14 (36%)

FTs..................5-6 (83%).......7-8 (88%)

Assists
Rebounds
Steals
Blocks...............0........................0

Turnovers.........6.......................5
Fouls...................3..................,....3

The coach of the USA Olympics team has said that she wanted the 2024 team members to have prior Olympics experience whenever possible, and at least to have previously played with each other as teammates. None of the Team USA players chosen are under the age of 26. Caitlin did not meet those qualifications this time around. Four years from now, she will.

Reactions: littlez
The coach of the USA Olympics team has said that she wanted the 2024 team members to have prior Olympics experience whenever possible, and at least to have previously played with each other as teammates. None of the Team USA players chosen are under the age of 26. Caitlin did not meet those qualifications this time around. Four years from now, she will.
The thing is, the "transition teams", where they try to take a mix of young and old players never end up playing very well. I can understand her, and the Olympic Committee's choice on that. For the life of me I can't understand why multiple people within the organization thought they needed to blame the fans for not selecting her. I will never understand that. But that also means that this was actually discussed and that should have been shut down the second it was brought up. All they needed to say was "We wanted to go with an experienced team that has played together because we felt it gives us the best chance of winning a Gold medal." People would have been fine with it.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
The thing is, the "transition teams", where they try to take a mix of young and old players never end up playing very well. I can understand her, and the Olympic Committee's choice on that. For the life of me I can't understand why multiple people within the organization thought they needed to blame the fans for not selecting her. I will never understand that. But that also means that this was actually discussed and that should have been shut down the second it was brought up. All they needed to say was "We wanted to go with an experienced team that has played together because we felt it gives us the best chance of winning a Gold medal." People would have been fine with it.
Except everyone knows the all star team that will play the Olympic team would also win a gold medal.

The bolded part is laughable, given the following historical results for Women's USA:

2020 6-0 average point differential of 16
2016 8-0 average point differeential of 37
2012 8-0 average point differential of 24
2008 8-0 average point differential of 38

For those 30 games, there has only been 1 time where they did not win by double digits

I would not argue that Clark deserved to be on the team based on merit, but I would say that if she was on the team it would not have any meaningful impact on their chances of winning gold again.

Reactions: chuck285
No. I think 2/10 is trash for a professional player.
It's one game. Not a season. Not a career. Are you one of those posters who's never played competitive sports and thinks it's a f*cking video game? That players should shoot 50% or better every game? You sound like it.

Reactions: herkhatescy
It's one game. Not a season. Not a career. Are you one of those posters who's never played competitive sports and thinks it's a f*cking video game? That players should shoot 50% or better every game? You sound like it.
I suck at sports but 2/10 isn't exactly lighting it up.

I’m starting to think someone hacked your account since Thursday night.
He’s been batting below the mendoza line for a good long while. One of our more interesting regulars. 10% awesome, 10% informational, 80% troll/flame. I’m sure this will get a laughing emoji response from him.

Except everyone knows the all star team that will play the Olympic team would also win a gold medal.

Keep in mind this the second time they have done this

Last time the Olympic Gold Medal Champs lost to the left over non Olympians.

Reactions: AWS1022
Then fire the coach because she is full of shit.

Thank you for providing another example of how clueless those in power of the women's game are.

Reactions: VodkaSam
>A single board away from a triple double

As a ROOKIE that has probably seen the most publicity in the history of the WNBA.

And it's not all positive either.

What CC has to deal with on and off the court, especially between the ears is off the charts.

I feel sorry for her.

She just wants to play basketball, that's it.

I suck at sports but 2/10 isn't exactly lighting it up.
Taurasi also went 2/10 from 3pt, better pull her off of the Olympic squad.

CC led her team to a victory against the Mercury who have 1/4 of the 2024 USA Olympic team in their starting lineup. She out-rebounded all three of those olympians(including a player 9" taller than her), out-assisted all three of those olympians, and outscored one of those olympians.

Looks like Clark is straight up trash.

Taurasi also went 2/10 from 3pt, better pull her off of the Olympic squad.

CC led her team to a victory against the Mercury who have 1/4 of the 2024 USA Olympic team in their starting lineup. She out-rebounded all three of those olympians(including a player 9" taller than her), out-assisted all three of those olympians, and outscored one of those olympians.

Looks like Clark is straight up trash.
Did you see I said, they BOTH sucked?

That is true, well they should at least. And if they didn't, the fallout for that team not winning won't be any different than if the current team doesn't win.

I thought it quite sporting for CC to conjure up a migraine pre-game just to try and level the playing field a bit. Of course, it didn’t work, but good on her for trying at least.

Most women wouldn’t have done that. But as we all know, Caitlin is different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT