ADVERTISEMENT

Do anything cool today?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
My mom doesn’t count. Let’s start with that.
We are visiting the kid in Minneapolis and went to the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Not on the scale of Chicago, but a solid museum. I was struck by one piece in the Asian section. A 1738 drawing where frogs are sitting around doing calligraphy. The artist is making a slight social commentary by showing the elite frogs wearing top hats and coats as they do calligraphy. The commoner frogs are sitting there mixing up the ink, and one commoner frog sits to the side with a stream of water coming from his mouth shooting and forming calligraphy.
Then we went to Red Wagon Pizza as seen on DDD. Said hello to one of the owners who was walking around inspecting things.
Topped it off with a trip to IKEA through heavy traffic because the wife says our day to day plates need replacing after 18 years. We looked at all their fine plates and bowls, only to decide we really liked one style, but of the four colors, only one would do. Unfortunately for us they were out of that color. Rats.
Any CSBs for you today?

I installed a border around a new garden bed and threw on a few layers using the lasagna garden technique, and then covered it all up with a tarp.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I'm currently binging Poker Face. The show is much better than the ad campaign for it. It's like R rated Encyclopedia Brown with a lot of freaks and geeks for characters.

I ran 5 miles.

I replaced the transmission oil pan on my son's car (why would they put it vertically? God I hate engineers)

I watched the Champions League Final with my daughter and SIL (Man City fans).

I didn't have to go to Pleasantville with my wife.

So, decent/good day.

My mom doesn’t count.
Reaction Ugh GIF by Nickelodeon

Yeah, solid day today. Slept in a bit and then had a volunteer assignment to be the PA announcer for the post-season tournament our Little League is hosting (my kid didn’t make a post-season team, so just doing this for fun). Came home and had a good, low-key afternoon, family pizza/movie night and then watched a time-shifted Kyle Hendricks gem with a couple old fashioneds. Top-shelf day.

Yeah, solid day today. Slept in a bit and then had a volunteer assignment to be the PA announcer for the post-season tournament our Little League is hosting (my kid didn’t make a post-season team, so just doing this for fun). Came home and had a good, low-key afternoon, family pizza/movie night and then watched a time-shifted Kyle Hendricks gem with a couple old fashioneds. Top-shelf day.
What was the movie?

Reactions: hawkifann
Oh! I convinced an old college buddy that, based on his ideal society and government (property rights, markets, and personal liberties), he's a right wing liberal and not a libertarian and that all libertarians are either right wing liberals who actually do very much believe in the very powerful state required to enforce property laws or they're pedophiles who are primarily concerned with the age of consent. Naw, jk, we don't argue politics since I deleted Facebook. It was the time of year where he slides into my DMs to see if I know where he can find pills and I remind him that no I don't and to spend an hour learning the dark web and leave me alone.

Did a couple hours of yard work in the morning. Chilled early afternoon and went to dinner with new friends this evening with a night cap. Decent to decent plus day

Decided I wanted to make smoked queso, so I biked over to Jewel to get supplies. Got home and found out that I had plans to go to friends condo in Andersonville, ate a hot dog at home, and went north. Had a bunch of Half Acre beer at friends condo. Went to Midsommar fest and had more beer. Got tired of people, went and got pizza, then went home.

It's my daughter's 3rd birthday. We got her a strider and she did awesome on it. We are trying to figure out who will ride a bike first without training wheels- her or my 5 year old. The older one has been able to pedal a bike since just before her 2nd birthday but I'm still not sure she will win.

Other than that, grad parties.

Reactions: hawkifann
Walked around the Grand Place in Brussels. Stopped to watch some folks sing and got sprayed by a Manneken Pis fake statue they were using to cool the crowd. Ate some chocolates and speculoos ice cream. Finished the evening having moules frites in a cafe then watching the game with a bunch of Man City fans.

Watched Avatar 2. It’s not the best cartoon I’ve seen but it’s not the worst

What was the movie?
lol….Cocaine Bear and then my 12yo bailed halfway through confirming what a shitty parent I am. Finished the night with a couple eps of “The Great British Baking Show”….but he was happy.

I saw some titties at Logaras Beach in Paros, Greece. Granted they were mostly 65+ but the beer was flowing like wine so it was all good.

Worked security at a wedding. Saw lots of drunk females that had no problem showing what was under their skirts. Btw, some wear volleyball shorts under their dresses now. What's up with that?

Went boating with friends on the Chesapeake Bay then saw Talk/Milky Chance/Young the Giant at night. Pretty damn good day.

Went down to Kalona because the no-pics wife thought we needed a new side table in the living room and she saw a PERFECT old refurbished card catalog at a vintage store down there. We got there but it had been sold already. Luckily we did find another table at 1/4 of the price of the one she wanted.

Got home and set up a Florida Weave to support my tomatoes. Worked in the garden and ignored my yard because I'm a lazy POS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT