ADVERTISEMENT

Do we cheer for Iowa St?

The big 12 actually does not suck at all, it just isn't loaded with a list teams like big10 and SEC. Super conference shit will do that and iowa state will need to win conference to make playoff

These super conference's will make $$ for college football and the committee will be rigged to allow 2or3 loss SEC teams go over 1 loss other conf teams. Sad to see but it's here

Last edited:
Iowa State has the potential to be in the CFB Playoff discussion and we’ll continue to be in the background of Mich, OSU, Oregon, etc. I think there is going to be a lot of jealousy on this board over the next few years.

Reactions: D-Ram and kegan
The big 12 actually does not suck at all, it just isn't loaded with a list teams like big10 and SEC. Super conference shit will do that and iowa state will need to win conference to make playoff

These super conference's will make $$ for college football and the committee will be rigged to allow 2 loss SEC teams go over 1 loss other conf teams. Sad to see but it's here

No. It absolutely sucks, fine maybe not sucks but completely mediocre. The conference will never come close to competing or beating the Big Ten and SEC in the playoffs, hell they could barely win any playoff games when they had OU and Texas.

Iowa just flat out choked away that game with half a dozen mistakes and the stupid new nfl like rule clock stoppage. I know it’s just for more commercials and $$$ but college does not need to implement every rule the NFL has, probably only a matter of time before PI is a spot foul.

Iowa State has the potential to be in the CFB Playoff discussion and we’ll continue to be in the background of Mich, OSU, Oregon, etc. I think there is going to be a lot of jealousy on this board over the next few years.
Meh. I think most of us can look at things logically, rationally, reasonably, or whatever, and see that Iowa State now has a much easier path than Iowa. The Big 12 has become extremely mediocre with the loss of Texas and Oklahoma. No blue bloods. Would I like Iowa to play in a weak, watered down conference like the Big 12? Absolutely. But I think we can all say confidently that it doesn’t matter who represents the Big 12 in the playoffs. It’ll be a B1G or SEC team that wins it all from here on out.

All that said, I still don’t think ISU will represent the Big 12 this year. Will still have a great season though.

No. It absolutely sucks, fine maybe not sucks but completely mediocre. The conference will never come close to competing or beating the Big Ten and SEC in the playoffs, hell they could barely win any playoff games when they had OU and Texas.

Iowa just flat out choked away that game with half a dozen mistakes and the stupid new nfl like rule clock stoppage. I know it’s just for more commercials and $$$ but college does not need to implement every rule the NFL has, probably only a matter of time before PI is a spot foul.
I think that if iowa and isu are about even. I get it we choked both coaches and players. But big 12. "Never contend" is bit of a hyperbole

It's a weaker conference, but if Bama can fall apart against Vanderbilt, why would iowa state be unable too contend, because they are in a weak conference? Really?

The SEC era should be over but ncaa put matters into their own hands to make sure it continues.

I think that if iowa and isu are about even. I get it we choked both coaches and players. But big 12. "Never contend" is bit of a hyperbole

It's a weaker conference, but if Bama can fall apart against Vanderbilt, why would iowa state be unable too contend, because they are in a weak conference? Really?

The SEC era should be over but ncaa put matters into their own hands to make sure it continues.
Lol, because if by some miracle a team like Iowa State were to somehow beat beat a loaded team like Alabama, they’d have to turn around and play another loaded team like Georgia or Oregon or Ohio State. Lightning wouldn’t strike twice. But I get where you’re coming from… it’s fun to dream.

Reactions: M3 ME PLEASE
Lol, because if by some miracle a team like Iowa State were to somehow beat beat a loaded team like Alabama, they’d have to turn around and play another loaded team like Georgia or Oregon or Ohio State. Lightning wouldn’t strike twice. But I get where you’re coming from… it’s fun to dream.
It's not a miracle when Bama needs their own today too.

Georgia and Alabama are not juggernauts this year and neither is Texas imo

Texas only won the Big 12 once in the last decade, 1 time. They were losing to… the teams still in the conference.
I stand behind what I said. Texas and Oklahoma are blue blood football programs. Them leaving left the Big 12 without a true powerhouse football program. Now it’s just a mediocre, watered down conference with all the table scraps from the former Big 12 and PAC-12 conferences.

I stand behind what I said. Texas and Oklahoma are blue blood football programs. Them leaving left the Big 12 without a true powerhouse football program. Now it’s just a mediocre, watered down conference with all the table scraps from the former Big 12 and PAC-12 conferences.
Texas has a big brand, no one is disputing that. However you are acting like they were Ohio State dominating the conference, they didn’t. The B12 will miss their brand, but they aren’t much weaker on the field without them.

At least we would score more than 7 pts which is all Iowa could do against last 4 ranked teams. You better hope you don't sneak in this year, it's becoming the punchline of college football!

In other words, winning the Big 12 will no longer carry the same weight as it did when Texas and Oklahoma were in it. Still impressive, but it’ll be kinda like the different high school classes. Winning the 3A state title is a great accomplishment to those in 3A, but if they had to play the 4A or 5A state champions, they’d likely lose… and lose big.

The big 12 didn’t even win a NC in a four playoff format where they got in a bunch of times. Now those teams are gone that did get in - the big ten picked up the only pac 12 teams that contended for title games. Edit forgot TCU advanced one year before getting boat raced and program falling off a cliff.

One upset doesn’t equate to having to take down way higher level of teams three games in a row, possibly four. Lol it’s never going to happen…ever. Vandy isn’t beating Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama all in a row. This isn’t basketball.

Yeah, iowa should have won and I agree they’re not that far apart in talent this season, but that kind of proves my point cause we know neither of these teams have any business being in the playoff yet one has a great chance (although I’m sure they’ll choke it away it classic clone fashion)

Reactions: Hawky42
The Big 12 champ TCU literally BEAT the Big 10 champ Michigan in the playoff 2 years ago?

And then lost 65-7 in the NC lol and their program fell off a cliff - they had two or three NC appearances and got destroyed in all of them I believe.

Now they just have to beat 3 or 4 blue bloods in a row. It’s never going to happen.

At least we would score more than 7 pts which is all Iowa could do against last 4 ranked teams. You better hope you don't sneak in this year, it's becoming the punchline of college football!
Before today I’d agree, but dropping 40 on a decent 4 win Washington team gives us something to build on as the season goes along. I’m still sticking to my 8-4 prediction.

And if you do somehow sneak into the playoffs, you can thank the Hawks for taking their foot off the gas earlier this season. 😜

Lololololol Iowa State fans really think their team is anywhere near any of the top big ten or SEC teams

Texas has a big brand, no one is disputing that. However you are acting like they were Ohio State dominating the conference, they didn’t. The B12 will miss their brand, but they aren’t much weaker on the field without them.

This is a bad take. Texas and Oklahoma are massive brands and ran that conference (and preceding ones Big 8, Southwest Conference). Multiple national titles and national title appearances.

You said the Big 12 can’t compete with the Big 10 in the playoff, I just pointed out that is clearly false.

One single win doesn’t prove anything, how’s that TCU program doing right now? And if you could comprehend what I’m saying, it’s that big 12 teams cant compete with multiple top big ten and SEC teams in a row.

Please do tell me which big 12 team will be the first to even APPEAR in a NC game.

Also forgetting that all the top big ten and sec teams are going to be NIL juggernauts and puts teams in the big 12 at an even bigger disadvantage and also teams like Iowa

You now have to beat 20 million dollar constructed teams and it’s only gonna get worse

Maybe if they were playing Michigan or Notre Dame, maybe tOSU. In those games I'd be pulling for a natural disaster. Otherwise, never!

Also forgetting that all the top big ten and sec teams are going to be NIL juggernauts and puts teams in the big 12 at an even bigger disadvantage and also teams like Iowa

You now have to beat 20 million dollar constructed teams and it’s only gonna get worse
Think about Nike U. They have an unlimited amount of money, since I cannot imagine there's a practical budget limit on what Nike would pay for a player loved by the coaches.

They do seem to find some nice qbs that turn out better than their star rating. But thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife and all that...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT