ADVERTISEMENT

Do we cheer for Iowa St?

Iowa State's D is probably good enough to hang - it seems like (through 6 games anyway) that Heacock makes really good adjustments in-game. See WV. Their LBs are depleted due to injury, but the young players have seemed to do pretty well. I think their offense is good enough to move the ball, and to keep their D off the field.

I'm not sure ISU could beat UT this year, but I felt the same way the last few years, and they won 3 of 5. Who knows? I hope they get the chance. Thats too far down the road to even consider.

First things first UCF at home on Saturday.

Texas beats Iowa State by 24 on a bad day.

Reactions: shudaddy
Maybe so, but here is the history from the last 10 years. The 2024 Texas may be the strongest in recent history, but these results dont indicate that Texas has really dominated ISU. Texas won 6 of the last 10.

2023 in Ames
Texas 26
ISU 16

2022 in Austin
Texas 24
ISU 21

2021 in Ames
ISU 30
Texas 7

2020 in Austin
ISU 23
Texas 20

2019 in Ames
ISU 23
Texas 21

2018 in Austin
Texas 24
ISU 10

2017 in Ames
Texas 17
ISU 7

2016 in Austin
Texas 27
ISU 6

2015 in Ames
ISU 24
Texas 0

2014 in Austin
Texas 48
ISU 45

NIL has changed the game, but I was surprised it was this close.

Again, I'm only thinking UCF..

Maybe so, but here is the history from the last 10 years. The 2024 Texas may be the strongest in recent history, but these results dont indicate that Texas has really dominated ISU. Texas won 6 of the last 10.

2023 in Ames
Texas 26
ISU 16

2022 in Austin
Texas 24
ISU 21

2021 in Ames
ISU 30
Texas 7

2020 in Austin
ISU 23
Texas 20

2019 in Ames
ISU 23
Texas 21

2018 in Austin
Texas 24
ISU 10

2017 in Ames
Texas 17
ISU 7

2016 in Austin
Texas 27
ISU 6

2015 in Ames
ISU 24
Texas 0

2014 in Austin
Texas 48
ISU 45

NIL has changed the game, but I was surprised it was this close.

Again, I'm only thinking UCF..

As a fan, you definitely don’t want to get caught looking ahead. 😂

Texas has been very unTexas like for most of the last 10 years. They’ve seemed to figure it out and bounced back last year. Either way, nothing in the last 10 years is relevant this year. Hardly anyone on either roster played significant minutes the last time ISU beat Texas (2021).

Also, it’s not a slam to Iowa State, because Iowa wouldn’t hang with Texas this year either. Very few teams will. They are one of a handful of teams (three maybe four or five) that are just on another level this year.

And yes, it's important that I'm not looking ahead. I have such a big influence on the outcome 😂.

At the same time, it's easy (as a fan) to look at records at look past the likes of UCF. Then you get burned and pissed off. As always, I am cautiously optimistic.

The Big 12 is the epitome of the eh conference. Nothing more nothing less.
It's even worse than originally thought at the beginning of the season quite frankly. They really, really, really, really needed Utah to be good for perception purposes. Having Colorado do something would've been nice. I would even state it's on par or even worse than many years of the B1G West or B12 North. I really can't think of any true top 15 teams in the conference off the top of my head. Are there any? I mean actual top 15 teams of course. How can a conference with that many teams, that's technically still a power conference, not have a single team that at least worries some of the big guys? Is Iowa the best win of any of those teams? I'm genuinely curious. Can't be can it?

Again, the conference really needed Utah to be good.

EDIT: After perusing the standings, yeah, maybe BYU can carry the cradle some but, overall, ugh, I doubt they're really a worthy contender. Time will tell but it's pretty apparent the conference is struggling. If there was ever a year for ISU to actually win it, it would be this year and the COVID year. It could actually happen. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
It's even worse than originally thought at the beginning of the season quite frankly. They really, really, really, really needed Utah to be good for perception purposes. Having Colorado do something would've been nice. I would even state it's on par or even worse than many years of the B1G West or B12 North. I really can't think of any true top 15 teams in the conference off the top of my head. Are there any? I mean actual top 15 teams of course. How can a conference with that many teams, that's technically still a power conference, not have a single team that at least worries some of the big guys? Is Iowa the best win of any of those teams? I'm genuinely curious. Can't be can it?

Again, the conference really needed Utah to be good.

EDIT: After perusing the standings, yeah, maybe BYU can carry the cradle some but, overall, ugh, I doubt they're really a worthy contender. Time will tell but it's pretty apparent the conference is struggling. If there was ever a year for ISU to actually win it, it would be this year and the COVID year. It could actually happen. Crazy stuff.

Its becoming very clear that the gap between the Power 2 and the Other 2 (ACC & Big 12) is huge.

Let's be honest; Iowa embarrassingly gift wrapped the Clown's 20-19 win in Iowa City.

And does ANYONE who is not biased think that Clown U is the 9th best team in the country?

#13 BYU (6-0) has a chance of going 12-0; but when looking at their remaining schedule they only play 2 teams with a pulse.

vsOklahoma St (3-3)
10/18 9:15 pm ESPN

@UCF (3-3)
10/26 TBD

*****NOV 2: BYE WEEK*****

@Utah (4-2)
11/9 TBD

vsKansas (1-5)
11/16 TBD

@Arizona St (5-1)
11/23 TBD

vsHouston (2-4)