ADVERTISEMENT

Do we owe DeSantis an apology, again?

Nurses are just as hesitant, including many of our nurse managers. Only about 67 percent of our employees are fully vaccinated. We're hopeful we'll hit 69 percent soon.

That's because they don't understand science. Nursing profession is not a scientific degree.

Reactions: globalhawk
How about not speak out about possible CDC mandates? How about not having his reelection campaign not sell anti Fauci t-shirts which creates more distrust? How about support businesses that feel the need to enforce restrictions to protect their customers and employees? How about not usurping the authority of local governments that feel the need to enact mandates?

He's had the same attitude since the beginning as he has today.
Looks like a bunch of Florida doctors agree. I know... I know... Damn liberal doctors.

Los Angeles County’s 7-day moving average of daily new cases has increased more than 1100% from where it was just one month ago.

I was hoping maybe you guys could help me figure out how to hang that around Ron DeSantis’ neck.

Los Angeles County’s 7-day moving average of daily new cases has increased more than 1100% from where it was just one month ago.

I was hoping maybe you guys could help me figure out how to hang that around Ron DeSantis’ neck.

California: Twice the population of Florida. Half the current 7-day running average of cases.

Sure, CA ain't doing great here, but they ain't Florida right now.

Tell me how any of this excuses DeSantis' actions and inaction.
It doesn’t. And I’m not. I just noticed that a lot of you guys seem to be fixated on Florida and Missouri to the point that you didn’t even notice southern California is a mess right now.

It doesn’t. And I’m not.

You absolutely ARE. It's classic Whataboutism.
Which detracts from FL having 2x the daily caseload with half the population.

It's pretty much a no-brainer that populated and popular tourist areas are going to get hit harder than rural areas; but FL is looking worse than CA at the moment.

Reactions: pjhawk
I guess when people from UCLA or USC start posting regularly here, the focus might change.
Are you under the impression that proximity is the overriding factor here and not Team Blue vs Team Red? Because most of the people screaming the loudest about Florida on this board live in places like Iowa and Colorado.

That was a nice try, though.

Are you under the impression that proximity is the overriding factor here and not Team Blue vs Team Red? Because most of the people screaming the loudest about Florida on this board live in places like Iowa and Colorado.

That was a nice try, though.
But most of those most vocally defending the Florida governor are posters who no one takes seriously like @your_master5.

And Trad.

How about not speak out about possible CDC mandates? How about not having his reelection campaign not sell anti Fauci t-shirts which creates more distrust? How about support businesses that feel the need to enforce restrictions to protect their customers and employees? How about not usurping the authority of local governments that feel the need to enact mandates?

He's had the same attitude since the beginning as he has today.
This is another example of DeSantis speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Want people to get vaccinated? Quit defending those who won't!

Reactions: pjhawk
A BSN is.
No way. I would argue it has the most science of the nursing degrees but is hardly scientific. Compare:

BSN at UIowa

BS Biology at Iowa

For example nursing chemistry (general chemistry) is like high school chemistry. Biology requires principles of chemistry which is more like AP chemistry.

The BSN has some basic science. The rest is nursing applied skills and practicums. Hardly scientific.

Last edited:
No way. I would argue it has the most science of the nursing degrees but is hardly scientific. Compare:

BSA at UIowa

BS Biology at Iowa

For example nursing chemistry (general chemistry) is like high school chemistry. Biology requires principles of chemistry which is more like AP chemistry.

The BSN has some basic science. The rest is nursing applied skills and practicums. Hardly scientific.
Lol - it is a Bachelors of Science. It's right in the title. And the curriculum you listed has a lot of science based learning. We obviously have different interpretations of what "science" is.

Jesus Christ you're an idiot. Go look at the information. Data doesn't lie. You liberals blaming DeSantis for a clearly understandable regional stimuli.
Joe Joe the idiot circus boy, it is a crisis of the unvaccinated here right now and DeSantis was not near as forceful and adamant to his constituents, including the MAGA crowd, that up until last week he was grifting anti fauci merchandize. It has nothing to do with your bizarre summer flu theory for FL. Things have got so bad here, our governor finally had to go out and tell everyone they should get vaccinated in a forceful and, dare I say it, leadership style manner. But it's too late. He should have been working his people over on this front for months, but as the next Trump personbality wanting to be president, he did not want to be seen as too super pro vax. It is as simple as that.

The anti vax crowd just can't grasp what the increased virulent strain means for the unvaccinated. It literally has already spread by now and a solution of getting them vaccinated over the next month won't work. Things are fixing to get really bad now as the numbers will continue to spike and as the unvaccinated double and triple down on refusing to get shots AND adjust their lifestyle. Hospitals are having to gear back up and reopen Covid wings. Some Jacksonville hospitals are having numbers of patients higher than they ever seen already. I think that scenario where hospital run out of ICU space and the emergency medical system needed for everyone breaks will be in play for many communities. These dolts are going to cost other lives too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT