ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have any posters on ignore?

I’ve created this ability to ignore them, but not ignore them. Basically once I know they suck - I barely read a single thing they write and just throw insults their way. It’s somehow cathartic to treat them like the deadbeat trash they are.
That's called analog ignoring.

None. I ignored a guy on the football board once for a little while. Not even a troll really, just an incredible dullard. Seeing the "show ignored content" message was also annoying and informed every time he posted anyway.

Only pedophiles ignore me

Frustrated Meme GIF

I resisted it for a long time but finally got fed up with a particular poster and put him on ignore. Have to admit it’s better, although all the “ignored content” notes can sometimes get in the way.

How about you?
Added one today. Maybe three total. Some are too fascinating as case studies to ignore. It’s really the basic morally destitute subliterate racists that I do need to click the button for.

I’m up to about 20 or so, mostly those whose outrage is highlighted by name-calling and personal attacks. People on my “‘pay no attention to” list in real life.

I still put every likely Ryan handle on ignore as soon as I spot it. I don't think I've been wrong. None of the handles last very long. I've also increased the numbers of posters who I just skim past because Covid broke them, or their inability to stop pushing foreign misinformation, be racist/misogynistic/hate everyone not like them, or are full blown cult members. It's a shame, there are some people on my list who at one time were rational who have lost it.

No point in having posters who don't contribute to conservations or debates. The board constantly has posters coming aboard espousing radical views, often conspiratorial in nature and engaging them is pointless.

It must be said it's enough we have to ignore regular poster's ridiculous conspiracy and radical conservative political nonsense without resorting to the ignore function.

Taking up space on the board makes no sense if it doesn't contribute.

Reactions: mattymoknows
I have more accounts on ignore than there are lines up in front of OPs moms door.
Of course, it’s probably all three actual people.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I just counted, I'm right at 90.

After review, I might unignore "Ken o queef" because that handle just makes me giggle.

Goddamn if I didn't get a notification of a reply to this thread, forget what I posted, see it, then giggle again.

Long live Ken o queef, thanks threadomancer!

Don't snowflakes ghost people?
Ghosting: is when someone who used to be friendly or even romantic with you suddenly cuts off all communication without explanation. While most people think of ghosting in a digital context, meaning a friend or dating partner stops responding to texts, emails, calls, etc., it can happen across all social circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT