ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hold your nose when jumping into a pool?

at4iowa

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2002
I was at a hotel pool recently and watching my kids and a bunch of other people jumping into the pool or going into the water at the end of the slide. It seems that women/girls are about 100 times more likely to do this than boys. My daughter did it sometimes and my son never did. As far as I know, I have never even thought about doing it. So which are you? A plugger or a non-sissy?

80247167.jpg

Man-Jumping-in-the-water__53014-480x320.jpg

Here's a hot chick.

girl+jumping.jpg

Also - if you're a dude over the age of 8 and you still plug your nose when you jump in, please walk directly to your shredder and process your man-card appropriately.

Reactions: ANYCHawk
I've had my nose broken twice and have to hold my nose. When I dive or go under head first I don't. I've tried blowing out but it always gets water up it. Trust me, I've tried.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:
I've had my nose broken twice and have to hold my nose. When I dive or go under head first I don't. I've tried blowing out but it always gets water up it. Trust me, I've tried.

Seems like a pretty lame excuse to me. At least tell me you cup both hands over your nose and mouth vs. the girly method of using one hand to actually pinch your nostrils shut?

Originally posted by nowalkin:
Originally posted by SWIowahawks:

Seems like a pretty lame excuse to me.  At least tell me you cup both hands over your nose and mouth vs. the girly method of using one hand to actually pinch your nostrils shut?
I don't have a problem with water getting in my mouth so why would I cover it?

Originally posted by SSG T:
Why would someone plug their nose? Incapable of blowing air out as they hit the water?

Some people in Florida died from a weird bacteria that lodged in their sinus cavities a few years ago. It came from water shooting up there. Better safe than sorry.

I hold my nose only when I drive by one of those hog confinement buildings that are so commonplace in this part of the country. Disgusting as HELL.

Originally posted by SSG T:
Why would someone plug their nose? Incapable of blowing air out as they hit the water?
Exactly.

You breathe out 1000's of times per day, this is just another example of that (only with a little more forethought).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT