ADVERTISEMENT

Dochertman speculation on KXNO

Holy false equivalency, Batman. You just got done admitting that you were wrong about the outfits at book readings being sexualized and now you’re going to back to that same specious argument.

Just admit that the idea of men in dresses makes you uncomfortable for some reason and we’ll move on. Here’s the good news: no one is forcing you or your family to look at a dude in a Cinderella costume.
Oh how I would love the feeling of kneeing you in the face until I feel your body go limp.... Maybe then you would shut up....

Oh how I would love the feeling of kneeing you in the face until I feel your body go limp.... Maybe then you would shut up....
images

There’s a limit to the jump Iowa is going to make under KF at this point in his career, but you might be surprised at what it would do to jump up to 70th. Michigan’s offense was 70th nationally in yards per play and yards per game, so you can play a really good Game there if your D is elite. Iowa State was 70th nationally in scoring offense at 26.2 PPG and Iowa was 129th at 15.4.

If Iowa had a 70th level offense (still below average in FBS), the record likely would have only been 1-2 games better, but the narrative would have been completely different. Iowa would likely have competed against PSU and Michigan and maybe they steal one or the other. They’d have definitely beaten Minnesota….but the bulk of the rest of the games would have been significantly larger wins and Iowa would have been no kind of punch line (and BF probably stays at that point).

I compare this to a discussion with my 16 year old. They have an 80% in their class and say it will be fine, no problem getting a B, just a few more tests.... My point is that when you shoot for 70th, its more likely you will land at 80th, 90th or worse.

I understand your point, that we don't need to be a Top 20 offense, but the problem is this ship is already heading down the rapids and nibbling around the edges is not going to help much IMO. We are just living on the edge and we saw what happened when we lost our QB and two TE's. No margin for error.We need a larger overhaul.

Everyone wants to point to it being a scheme problem, but it is so much more than that.

I compare this to a discussion with my 16 year old. They have an 80% in their class and say it will be fine, no problem getting a B, just a few more tests.... My point is that when you shoot for 70th, its more likely you will land at 80th, 90th or worse.

I understand your point, that we don't need to be a Top 20 offense, but the problem is this ship is already heading down the rapids and nibbling around the edges is not going to help much IMO. We are just living on the edge and we saw what happened when we lost our QB and two TE's. No margin for error.We need a larger overhaul.

Everyone wants to point to it being a scheme problem, but it is so much more than that.

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”​

― Vince Lombardi

• Love
Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT