ADVERTISEMENT

Dochertman speculation on KXNO

OMG- I lived in those Iowa summers before air conditioning. When I was young spent most of my summers baling hay in Iowa- absolutely miserable. Don't miss it one bit. There are a lot of good things about Iowa but the hot and humid July and August is not one of them.
We have A/C now and no one bales hay like the old days. We have advanced.

It doesn't matter if it's your guys or not. You need to coach the guys you have up and he hasn't.
Yeah bro. You’ve never had a job you walked into where you were basically initially dealing with someone else’s people and a big pile of crap? Lucky you.

I have been clamoring for Years they need to go to basic man blocking because the Kids far too often look confused and allow free runners or just whiff on blocks or worse just stand there dumbfounded like Plumb last Year more times than Icould count.
Only last year???? Too many times to count for sure. Surprised #7 lasted as long as he did before his injury with the sieve on the right side of the O-line.

Some improvement this year but how could tell with our QB situation. Pretty sad what once was a given strong point has become one of the weakest.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
My Sister owns a large Tat shop downtown and She used to drive to work park right in front , glass Windows and for Years no problems, now barred and sliding metal window barriers and I bought and sent Her a large well trained Karelian bear dog who goes to work with Her every Day and She now carries , She was , I stress was someone who saw things very differently lets say to Me but She has changed Her way of thinking in the last Decade with the break ins, attempted assaults , junkies and problems that have manifested in Her Daily life. People wake up 1 at a time .
You forgot ANTIFA!!!! AND TRANS PEOPLE READING TO KIDS!!! AND CRITICAL RACE THEORISTS!!!!

We have A/C now and no one bales hay like the old days. We have advanced.
Indoor toilets as well. Livin' the dream!!

I do remember those good ol days on the farm though but in all honesty when you are raised in that and you work in that and play in that, it really did not effect me that much that I can remember. There were time that garden hoses came in handy!

Some things are best left to other boards, the condition of the city is somewhat relevant to the OC talk
Ok F*** Antifa , Grooming Young Kids and putting out literature that divides us or demonizes People based on race, is that what You were fishing for? Happy now? Did I do it right ? But Your laughing emojis to My Sisters problems including being physically assaulted and Her Business assaulted wasn't lost on Me , So GFYS

Ok F*** Antifa , Grooming Young Kids and putting out literature that divides us or demonizes People based on race, is that what You were fishing for? Happy now? Did I do it right ? But Your laughing emojis to My Sisters problems including being physically assaulted and Her Business assaulted wasn't lost on Me , So GFYS
Please seek help for your anger issues. You don’t seem well.

Holy crap. Shouldn't have skipped from page 1 to page 6. What happened between 2 and 5?

Back to topic, I don't blame WR recruiting on our WR coaches over the years. Ever. There's not much more difficult than convincing elite WRs to come to Iowa.
Catch 22 here....we don't produce good WR's because of the system and the system is broke too because we don't get good WR's..both can be true.

And Copeland himself, while I appreciate his honesty, said something last fall to recruits the effect of "if you want stats or catches, etc, then don't come to Iowa.." Didn't go over well.

Many parts of Portland and Seattle are over run with homelessness and crime. It is really very sad and unlike a decade ago there are many places you would not go to in those cities. Hate to see it as it is a beautiful are of the country.
Hmm. News to me. I don't know about Portland but when I've been to Seattle, it's always been a great place. Clean and organized. Probably the cleanest and most organized city in the country.

OMG- I lived in those Iowa summers before air conditioning. When I was young spent most of my summers baling hay in Iowa- absolutely miserable. Don't miss it one bit. There are a lot of good things about Iowa but the hot and humid July and August is not one of them.
AGREED!
Iowa has the worst of all seasons.
Nasty humid summers and cold knee deep windswept snow.

Same. Honestly it’s hard for me to believe a coach that is already making a ton of money and coaching in the national title game tonight would even take the time to interview for a lateral (being real generous here) move in the same conference. Like what would we even be able to offer him? We would have to really open up the pocket book just to match his current salary, let alone increase it.

Maybe he’s just really motivated by the potential challenge of doing something that on the surface appears impossible 🤣🤣🤣
Or, maybe he wants to reside back in his home state of Iowa?

I moved from Southwest Iowa to Seattle 19 years I will visit every so often in the spring or fall, but no way in hell I'd ever do the summers and winters again.

Summer is beautiful in the upper Midwest, maybe not Seattle beautiful but hardly unbearable. Winters are rough, but they can be pretty bleak in the PNW as well. My family is from Portland and you could often count the number of sunny days from December through February on one hand.
You read my mind…unfortunately aren’t a lot PNW people depressed because of lack of sun.🙁

AGREED!
Iowa has the worst of all seasons.
Nasty humid summers and cold knee deep windswept snow.
Apparently, neither of you have ever lived in Minnesota?!? 😜 Even more temperature extremes than Iowa, which is why they are always having road construction due to roads buckling, etc from such temperature extremes.

Reactions: Wadukester
You should try hot and humid April through October in the South. I lived in Texas for about 5 years and I will never think it is hot and humid in Iowa again.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Apparently, neither of you have ever lived in Minnesota?!? 😜 Even more temperature extremes than Iowa, which is why they are always having road construction due to roads buckling, etc from such temperature extremes.
Lots of Subaru’s up there for sure!😉

Reactions: HawkinMN
Michigan’s offense was 70th nationally in yards per play and yards per game, so you can play a really good Game there if your D is elite.

This is not true. Michigan was 35th in yards per play, and 15th in yards per pass attempt. They were a good offense.

Michigan's offense rated 10th nationally in SP+, which is “a tempo- and opponent-adjusted measure of college football efficiency.”

Why do drag shows want an audience of kids?
Drag shows and people in drag reading books to kids are not the same thing. If you don’t understand the difference, just let know and I’ll explain it to you. To answer the question about why people in drag would want an audience of kids:

1. I used to organize a lot of fundraising events in San Francisco. It was very typical for the drag shows in The City to have a fundraising component tied to them. While I wasn’t involved directly in any of the drag fundraisers, I can tell you in my experience the drag community tends to have very socially-conscious and charitable leanings. So volunteering to read to kids isn’t surprising at all. It’s probably just one of the many ways that person or group of people is giving back to society in a positive way. Also, if they’re invited to read, it probably feels like a safe space for them to dress in the way they prefer to dress. If you yourself do charitable work, you’re probably regularly doing it alongside people who dress in drag. They just may not do it around you

2. There are clearly a lot of the older generation who have pre-conceived notions about people who don’t always feel comfortable with the gender role they were assigned at birth. I’m sure there are members of the drag community who would like to decrease the ignorance in society and would like kids to grow up without as much illogical fear as their patents’ and grandparents’ generation.

3. There are quite obviously a great many people who grow up not feeling like the gender role they were assigned at birth. Having known my fair share of these folks, I can tell you that their childhood/teens/early adulthood are often brutal experiences full of harassment, bullying, self-loathing and a whole maelstrom of toxicity. I’m not qualified to speak on behalf of folks who dress in drag, but I can guess that they would probably enjoy helping kids to understand that it’s completely natural and healthy to question gender roles and identity probably. I imagine they would say that if they can help someone to not have to struggle as much as they did growing up, that’s probably something they would sign up for every day of the week.

4. Why wouldn’t they want to help out kids? As someone who does a lot of volunteer work to help kids with their education, I can confirm it’s tremendously rewarding. Given that people who dress in drag are human beings, I’m gonna guess it’s very fulfilling for them, too.

Drag shows and people in drag reading books to kids are not the same thing. If you don’t understand the difference, just let know and I’ll explain it to you. To answer the question about why people in drag would want an audience of kids:

1. I used to organize a lot of fundraising events in San Francisco. It was very typical for the drag shows in The City to have a fundraising component tied to them. While I wasn’t involved directly in any of the drag fundraisers, I can tell you in my experience the drag community tends to have very socially-conscious and charitable leanings. So volunteering to read to kids isn’t surprising at all. It’s probably just one of the many ways that person or group of people is giving back to society in a positive way. Also, if they’re invited to read, it probably feels like a safe space for them to dress in the way they prefer to dress. If you yourself do charitable work, you’re probably regularly doing it alongside people who dress in drag. They just may not do it around you

2. There are clearly a lot of the older generation who have pre-conceived notions about people who don’t always feel comfortable with the gender role they were assigned at birth. I’m sure there are members of the drag community who would like to decrease the ignorance in society and would like kids to grow up without as much illogical fear as their patents’ and grandparents’ generation.

3. There are quite obviously a great many people who grow up not feeling like the gender role they were assigned at birth. Having known my fair share of these folks, I can tell you that their childhood/teens/early adulthood are often brutal experiences full of harassment, bullying, self-loathing and a whole maelstrom of toxicity. I’m not qualified to speak on behalf of folks who dress in drag, but I can guess that they would probably enjoy helping kids to understand that it’s completely natural and healthy to question gender roles and identity probably. I imagine they would say that if they can help someone to not have to struggle as much as they did growing up, that’s probably something they would sign up for every day of the week.

4. Why wouldn’t they want to help out kids? As someone who does a lot of volunteer work to help kids with their education, I can confirm it’s tremendously rewarding. Given that people who dress in drag are human beings, I’m gonna guess it’s very fulfilling for them, too.
Pretty long explanation for a simple answer.

I don't care what your preferences are or your identity is. Everyone should be able to live their life in a way that makes them happy. No doubt. (short of harming others)

That doesn't mean you have a right to force it on pre-pubescent children. There's a reason society has always agreed upon the definition of and protections connected to...being a "minor". FFS...let kids be kids. If someone suggested showing hetero-erotic content to 5th graders 10 years ago people would have lost their shit. (rightfully so). But somehow today... this is OK?

Last edited:

I don't care what your preferences are or your identity or what makes you happy. Everyone should be able to live their life in a way that makes them happy. No doubt. (short of harming others)

That doesn't mean you have a right to force it on pre-pubescent children. There's a reason society has always agreed upon the definition of and protections connected to...being a "minor". FFS...let kids be kids. If someone suggested showing hetero-erotic content to 5th graders 10 years ago people would have lost their shit. (rightfully so). But somehow today...
Who is it being forced on? And what is being forced on them?

This is not true. Michigan was 35th in yards per play, and 15th in yards per pass attempt. They were a good offense.

Michigan's offense rated 10th nationally in SP+, which is “a tempo- and opponent-adjusted measure of college football efficiency.”

I did address how I got to that point. I mis-read an NCAA.com sort. I also addressed how it still didn’t really disprove my overall point, as ISU’s 70th ranked scoring offense was 26+ PPG, which would mean a shit ton of wins with Iowa’s D.

Reactions: ichawk24

I don't care what your preferences are or your identity is. Everyone should be able to live their life in a way that makes them happy. No doubt. (short of harming others)

That doesn't mean you have a right to force it on pre-pubescent children. There's a reason society has always agreed upon the definition of and protections connected to...being a "minor". FFS...let kids be kids. If someone suggested showing hetero-erotic content to 5th graders 10 years ago people would have lost their shit. (rightfully so). But somehow today... this is OK?
Where on earth is anything being forced on kids? Erotic? A man dressed as a woman and reading to kids is erotic? Is that what you’re suggesting? Do you think these guys are jacking while reading books?

There is always a boogeyman. Always.

Five years from now it will be a new boogeyman. I look forward to who you guys will crap yourselves about in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT