ADVERTISEMENT

Dochertman speculation on KXNO

Where on earth is anything being forced on kids? Erotic? A man dressed as a woman and reading to kids is erotic? Is that what you’re suggesting? Do you think these guys are jacking while reading books?

There is always a boogeyman. Always.

Five years from now it will be a new boogeyman. I look forward to who you guys will crap yourselves about in the future.
The new bogeyman will be whichever “other” the TV tells them they should be afraid of. It’s so predictable and pathetic.

It used to be the “evil gays” who were going to ruin our country. With that stance becoming increasingly outre, media members who make money off ginning up bigotry had to find new groups to get ignorant people fired up about.

In a few years, there will be greater acceptance of trans people and those who dress in drag. Right-wing media will have to find some new groups of people to get rubes mad about.

“Next up…HMONG PEOPLE WANT TO EAT YOUR BABY!!!!”

ABLVV85nJEbZm8TQbN31seW3Xf3KU32Q2wGxgA2leScXTkIKtBxmycW_eSUzmLbJ14kzyZXiTW5cKOaPvTNRXMIr8-RnFmDwM1lAcvwRQ6YDn_9L5s3-tQqG5ZR7EhgljoIryysSRpwL4w1uNAkEG_af4Ku_A5ca0GY_uR1SggvRlX6NLEU4fYiXctiwMDtwpmPkYhj__6xIZkpfjs16alda-K6J0jWuTE8YnP2Re7JKQ-2qb4Vkannnt-uiO5F5Adsfeiw68LNvKSwr7dP6Uodu6dQk4P1xqG4oOUKooxpzk_lpBfqO6C8FsfN8cGJNPhxZ-NEivnJPMK-3Sl_FgkoZzPrALzb17yF8RyJb5brQZnoW4KXaIsMPYgw4iawwz0AFaG17XnGlHsvGhs3dtwl9CTu3EQyq9yeOQQAbu-W2vpakN24xVNtp0nhzyTov1o0XvBykHMofZlr2iN38NVJdAcnLXMNhDlFA4DWg0Ykx66816kR-N_WhPb0-eWq0GpRZO_VoKfRiD0MQMc2UzUeaVBkI-dAquvL40ccBD47pGVFvprOBhtZjIlcYmMJEnkDPycQm6ivNzN-CP3u0kzFYZOY9R5b69mo8DzbTSClMc3GcF5j1JJt9x2crQEHT3o29g6k4RC7rTjWHJl1lBtseLmTEoeULgYOgbpz9jkS1tX9nrpKxYjfHpzbN5mK26Iuc9feuMmi2UHR3EG72YIAzvO2WacqrJ4rm3aifGh_laIMoVKfk4kDwgMsgfhlnNDJu9WUBZsq-fXmsVvykSZBmziIaQQKkI-ImozVeeXv8KT9B5B52j-xxDcT19jPHAD-9rDSbU0VYqrruAtUSJNEykt2pzvH3CtnqQ4YjiSqB0WpJgpAwLWw6Gc107HQpn81Aqw=w466-h247-s-no-gm

Drag shows and people in drag reading books to kids are not the same thing. If you don’t understand the difference, just let know and I’ll explain it to you. To answer the question about why people in drag would want an audience of kids:

1. I used to organize a lot of fundraising events in San Francisco. It was very typical for the drag shows in The City to have a fundraising component tied to them. While I wasn’t involved directly in any of the drag fundraisers, I can tell you in my experience the drag community tends to have very socially-conscious and charitable leanings. So volunteering to read to kids isn’t surprising at all. It’s probably just one of the many ways that person or group of people is giving back to society in a positive way. Also, if they’re invited to read, it probably feels like a safe space for them to dress in the way they prefer to dress. If you yourself do charitable work, you’re probably regularly doing it alongside people who dress in drag. They just may not do it around you

2. There are clearly a lot of the older generation who have pre-conceived notions about people who don’t always feel comfortable with the gender role they were assigned at birth. I’m sure there are members of the drag community who would like to decrease the ignorance in society and would like kids to grow up without as much illogical fear as their patents’ and grandparents’ generation.

3. There are quite obviously a great many people who grow up not feeling like the gender role they were assigned at birth. Having known my fair share of these folks, I can tell you that their childhood/teens/early adulthood are often brutal experiences full of harassment, bullying, self-loathing and a whole maelstrom of toxicity. I’m not qualified to speak on behalf of folks who dress in drag, but I can guess that they would probably enjoy helping kids to understand that it’s completely natural and healthy to question gender roles and identity probably. I imagine they would say that if they can help someone to not have to struggle as much as they did growing up, that’s probably something they would sign up for every day of the week.

4. Why wouldn’t they want to help out kids? As someone who does a lot of volunteer work to help kids with their education, I can confirm it’s tremendously rewarding. Given that people who dress in drag are human beings, I’m gonna guess it’s very fulfilling for them, too.
My issue with drag queens in schools isn’t that they are guys dressed as women. Why I don’t particularly want them in my child’s school is due to them being frivolous exhibitionists. Those aren’t traits that belong in our elementary schools.

Last edited:
My issue with drag queens in schools isn’t that they are guys dressed as women. Why I don’t particularly want them in my child’s school is due to them being frivolous exhibitionists. Those aren’t traits that belongs in our elementary schools.
Where are the examples of people in drag being frivolous exhibitionists in schools?

The new bogeyman will be whichever “other” the TV tells them they should be afraid of. It’s so predictable and pathetic.

It used to be the “evil gays” who were going to ruin our country. With that stance becoming increasingly outre, media members who make money off ginning up bigotry had to find new groups to get ignorant people fired up about.

In a few years, there will be greater acceptance of trans people and those who dress in drag. Right-wing media will have to find some new groups of people to get rubes mad about.

“Next up…HMONG PEOPLE WANT TO EAT YOUR BABY!!!!”
It really is this.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Point taken but if you’ve ever been to a drag show it is the definition of frivolous exhibition.
I have been to drag shows. I lived in San Francisco for 14 years; how could I not? 😊 What I don’t understand is why people think people in drag reading books to kids is a drag show. Those are two completely different things.

There’s this bizarre idea that keeps popping up that people who dress in drag or people who are queer are in SEXUAL MODE 24/7 and can’t turn it off when it’s inappropriate . It’s an insipient notion.

Reactions: Floyd of Rosedale
Thats all fair but why can't they just read to kids as Regular big 'ol gays? Why is there the need to dress like Liza Minelli, Lady Gaga on a Tuesday or Madonna when she was barely hot? And I say barely hot even 80's Madonna because I just refuse to believe Madonna was ever hot. She'd even in her prime be about #297 in my spank bank.
?????

I have been to drag shows. I lived in San Francisco for 14 years; how could I not? 😊 What I don’t understand is why people think people in drag reading books to kids is a drag show. Those are two completely different things.

There’s this bizarre idea that keeps popping up that people who dress in drag or people who are queer are in SEXUAL MODE 24/7 and can’t turn it off when it’s inappropriate . It’s an insipient notion.
That’s not how I feel at all. I thought I was clear why I don’t want a drag queen reading books in our elementary school. Is it the worst thing? Of course not. But I also don’t see a reason for it. Let’s be clear here. We aren’t talking about cross dressers or trans. We are talking about people who get dressed up and put on a silly show with over the top clothes. Why would we want people in those costumes to read to kids. I don’t want strippers in thongs and pasties reading to our kids either.

Thats all fair but why can't they just read to kids as Regular big 'ol gays? Why is there the need to dress like Liza Minelli, Lady Gaga on a Tuesday or Madonna when she was barely hot? And I say barely hot even 80's Madonna because I just refuse to believe Madonna was ever hot. She'd even in her prime be about #297 in my spank bank.
Dressing in drag is not synonymous with being gay. Many people who dress in drag are straight. Most people who are gay don’t ever dress in drag.

Let me ask you a question: Why should women be allowed to wear jeans? Those were created for men.

Drag shows and people in drag reading books to kids are not the same thing. If you don’t understand the difference, just let know and I’ll explain it to you. To answer the question about why people in drag would want an audience of kids:

1. I used to organize a lot of fundraising events in San Francisco. It was very typical for the drag shows in The City to have a fundraising component tied to them. While I wasn’t involved directly in any of the drag fundraisers, I can tell you in my experience the drag community tends to have very socially-conscious and charitable leanings. So volunteering to read to kids isn’t surprising at all. It’s probably just one of the many ways that person or group of people is giving back to society in a positive way. Also, if they’re invited to read, it probably feels like a safe space for them to dress in the way they prefer to dress. If you yourself do charitable work, you’re probably regularly doing it alongside people who dress in drag. They just may not do it around you

2. There are clearly a lot of the older generation who have pre-conceived notions about people who don’t always feel comfortable with the gender role they were assigned at birth. I’m sure there are members of the drag community who would like to decrease the ignorance in society and would like kids to grow up without as much illogical fear as their patents’ and grandparents’ generation.

3. There are quite obviously a great many people who grow up not feeling like the gender role they were assigned at birth. Having known my fair share of these folks, I can tell you that their childhood/teens/early adulthood are often brutal experiences full of harassment, bullying, self-loathing and a whole maelstrom of toxicity. I’m not qualified to speak on behalf of folks who dress in drag, but I can guess that they would probably enjoy helping kids to understand that it’s completely natural and healthy to question gender roles and identity probably. I imagine they would say that if they can help someone to not have to struggle as much as they did growing up, that’s probably something they would sign up for every day of the week.

4. Why wouldn’t they want to help out kids? As someone who does a lot of volunteer work to help kids with their education, I can confirm it’s tremendously rewarding. Given that people who dress in drag are human beings, I’m gonna guess it’s very fulfilling for them, too.
Just go away to the OT board and leave us normal people be. Please.

I don’t want strippers in thongs and pasties reading to our kids either.
Holy false equivalency, Batman. You just got done admitting that you were wrong about the outfits at book readings being sexualized and now you’re going to back to that same specious argument.

Just admit that the idea of men in dresses makes you uncomfortable for some reason and we’ll move on. Here’s the good news: no one is forcing you or your family to look at a dude in a Cinderella costume.

Reactions: Floyd of Rosedale
Got some wifi in MX and just trying to have fun. I stand behind what I said about Madonna though. She has never been hot and I'm tired of people pretending she ever was. That honestly may be a bigger issue than Iowa's OC or Election 2024.

Holy false equivalency, Batman. You just got done admitting that you were wrong about the outfits at book readings being sexualized and now you’re going to back to that same specious argument.

Just admit that the idea of men in dresses makes you uncomfortable for some reason and we’ll move on. Here’s the good news: no one is forcing you or your family to look at a dude in a Cinderella costume.

What? Drag is dressing as drag. You seem to be confused.

If you want to dress in drag, that’s your business. I reserve the right to think you are a frivolous exhibitionist.

• Haha
Reactions: chaneccooms
The political nonsense in these threads needs to stop. If you bring up politics it should be an automatic ban for a week or something. But since we have no moderators it’s all wishful thinking

The political nonsense in these threads needs to stop. If you bring up politics it should be an automatic ban for a week or something. But since we have no moderators it’s all wishful thinking
And it’s an election, lol. It’s gonna get crazy.

Pretty long explanation for a simple answer.

I don't care what your preferences are or your identity is. Everyone should be able to live their life in a way that makes them happy. No doubt. (short of harming others)

That doesn't mean you have a right to force it on pre-pubescent children. There's a reason society has always agreed upon the definition of and protections connected to...being a "minor". FFS...let kids be kids. If someone suggested showing hetero-erotic content to 5th graders 10 years ago people would have lost their shit. (rightfully so). But somehow today... this is OK?
THIS

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
Pretty long explanation for a simple answer.

I don't care what your preferences are or your identity is. Everyone should be able to live their life in a way that makes them happy. No doubt. (short of harming others)

That doesn't mean you have a right to force it on pre-pubescent children. There's a reason society has always agreed upon the definition of and protections connected to...being a "minor". FFS...let kids be kids. If someone suggested showing hetero-erotic content to 5th graders 10 years ago people would have lost their shit. (rightfully so). But somehow today... this is OK?
Tell the catholic church to take note. They've been doing the indoctrination while in dresses WAY longer.

How many threads do we need when an Iowa reporter makes a comment? They have zero info, zero sources, have wiffed on "speculation" for the last 20 years. The Iowa media is just another fan expressing their thoughts. Ever sine the weight lifting issue and diversity issue nobody gives any scoop to that media room. They are trained and give them credit, nothing usually leaks.

NAILED IT!!!

Reactions: kafter5
All adults who interact w/ kids in school should understand they are being viewed as role models and should act in a manner beneficial to society as a whole. Most schools have dress codes for students and teachers for a reason.

Any pertinent news about the OC search? Or P2 realignment? Or something to the thread title?

All adults who interact w/ kids in school should understand they are being viewed as role models and should act in a manner beneficial to society as a whole. Most schools have dress codes for students and teachers for a reason.

Any pertinent news about the OC search? Or P2 realignment? Or something to the thread title?
According to hawkeye of the storm, Kirk had an interview with someone not named Philbin or Chryst very recently. No information on who it is, just that it occurred.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT