ADVERTISEMENT

Does KF send BF elsewhere to cut his teeth as HC?

I'm guessing KOK is playing a huge role in the play calling
Play CALLING? No. Game plan? Absolutely.

I have no doubt that Brian Ferentz Ken O'Keefe and Tim polacek are utilizing a group effort on setting up the game plan for the week. On game day I don't think there's any way that anyone other than Brian is making the calls. Is he getting input at various times including halftime from others? Absolutely. Just like every single program in the country does

This is fun. Hawks are 3-0 BF has done on OK job... KOK too along with the other coaches.

Who knows? It is all about winning and being better.

Brian Ferentz has the Iowa Hawkeye pedigree that
is essential for the HC job. 20 years from Hayden
Fry, 20 years from Kirk Ferentz, and 20 years from
Brian Ferentz. A program like Iowa needs the
stability of a good coaching staff to be successful.

Bottom Line: Look at Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana,
and Illinois. They have no stability and have a
revolving door at the head football coach position.

Any sucess next 2 years he is next coach.Just opinion "His job to lose"!
Agree. He's been exposed to and learned from two of the best head coaches in the business and if he succeeds in the OC role, he'll be in a good position for the promotion. Perhaps a transition role like asst head coach before he moves into the head role.

expecting BF to be named Assistant HC, KOK is 65 years old so don't know how long he sticks around, my quess is they try to get somebody to become the QB/OC to replace KOK after he retires, my best guess would be David Raih.

Brian's future at Iowa depends solely on his continued success as OC. Fail as OC and not as easy of sell to turn the keys over to Brian ... Personally, a few years back I laughed at the idea of Brian as our future head coach. The more I see him in action; listen to him talk and see him coach ... and factor in the coaches he has learned from ... I've changed my tune. Knowing Iowa won't go for a big-name coach after Kirk ... Brian will be just as viable option as any of the other coaches we may interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT