ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes #1

I didn't know this was a college sport until now. Anyway, congrats on the win.
I'm not sure that anyone in Iowa actually plays it either. But, they've had a pretty strong program over the years at Iowa. But, as someone mentioned they did recently go through a "rough patch".

It must be all the native Iowa talent that leads this team, huh?
With Iowa’s tradition of being a B10 field hockey power, I find it curious that this sport is non-existent in Iowa schools...including high schools. Yet, we want our girls to wrestle?
I guess this proves that our Chicago suburb girls are better than their Chicago suburb girls!
I would love to see field hockey in Iowa schools.

Short version of the differences between Field Hockey vs. Lacrosse for the ignorant, please.

It must be all the native Iowa talent that leads this team, huh?
With Iowa’s tradition of being a B10 field hockey power, I find it curious that this sport is non-existent in Iowa schools...including high schools. Yet, we want our girls to wrestle?
I guess this proves that our Chicago suburb girls are better than their Chicago suburb girls!
I would love to see field hockey in Iowa schools.

Roster information is available since 2006.

Zero Iowa girls have played for Iowa.

Iowa is a public school that should invest, atleast somewhat in Iowa girls.

This is a sport that should be dropped at Iowa.

Move the scholarships to other female sports that are available in Iowa.

Roster information is available since 2006.

Zero Iowa girls have played for Iowa.

Iowa is a public school that should invest, atleast somewhat in Iowa girls.

This is a sport that should be dropped at Iowa.

Move the scholarships to other female sports that are available in Iowa.
Better watch the law of unintended consequences. Title IX requires a certain number of Women schollies based on Men schollies. If I remember correctly, the following is the result.
Drop a Women’s sport, lose a number of Men’s schollies.

Better watch the law of unintended consequences. Title IX requires a certain number of Women schollies based on Men schollies. If I remember correctly, the following is the result.
Drop a Women’s sport, lose a number of Men’s schollies.

Once again, "move the scholarships to other female sports that are available in Iowa."

Once again, "move the scholarships to other female sports that are available in Iowa."
Once again, decide which men’s sport loses schollies.

Schollies per sport are predetermined. You don’t get to add to a sport. Even you know that football is limited to 95. Other sports are also limited.

Last edited:
The only high school girls sport sponsored by the IGHSAU that isn’t already a varsity sport at Iowa is bowling. The Big Ten doesn’t sponsor intercollegiate bowling. Are you really proposing that Iowa drop a highly competitive program for one the rest of the conference doesn’t complete in?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT