ADVERTISEMENT

Dreshaun Ross

If he still wrestles it does because FB has to pick up the full ride. Same with Ben.
I hadn't thought about that aspect of it. If a guy is good enough for a full football scholarship, it makes sense that football would pick up the tab. Not sure what, if any, rules exist for dual sport athletes. If so, that could be a huge advantage for the wrestling program to essentially get someone like Kueter for free and open up scholarship money for another top recruit. Silver lining of sorts.

As for Kueter (or Ross🤞) playing both sports, Mark Sindlinger is a good precedent for Iowa. Three-year starter on the gridiron and two-time AA under Gable (4th and 6th). Two Big Ten titles. Hard to say whether he would have had more success on the mat if that were his only focus, but a very solid career. With no disrespect to Sindlinger, I think Kueter (and perhaps Ross) are even better equipped to handle the double duty.

Why are you such an insufferable dumbass?
Was wondering what happened to this guy? I have been a reader but hit not much of a poster, and it seems this guy went full took more in the last 6 months. Never noticed him for being such an DICK until recently.

Was wondering what happened to this guy? I have been a reader but hit not much of a poster, and it seems this guy went full took more in the last 6 months. Never noticed him for being such an DICK until recently.
Oh stop it. I'm mostly playn with you guys. Have Iowa fans always been this soft?

Reactions: A21408t
He escaped from HR jail about 6 months ago.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I can’t believe so many people on here get so worked up over Johnstownsteel. Yeah, I thought he was a douche at first but he’s grown on me over the years. I can appreciate the effort he puts into his trolling; he’s about the only psu fan that’s good at it around here. Plus I’d feel a little dirty if all our biggest rivals fans came here to pat us on our backs with every post. Hell I bet he’d even be halfway ok to grab a beer with at an event.

I can’t believe so many people on here get so worked up over Johnstownsteel. Yeah, I thought he was a douche at first but he’s grown on me over the years. I can appreciate the effort he puts into his trolling; he’s about the only psu fan that’s good at it around here. Plus I’d feel a little dirty if all our biggest rivals fans came here to pat us on our backs with every post. Hell I bet he’d even be halfway ok to grab a beer with at an event.
I don't get it... I thought most were finally on to me that I do what I do because the reactions I get are so damn funny. Guess not. And so everyone knows, when Iowa was back on top I didn't go anywhere. I stayed right here so you all could abuse me with your teams success. Lol. Turn around was fair game. Ha

Reactions: tiltman
Yeah like a tumor.

Every thread derailed by the same three or four Penn State fans. Mute them and you can't tell what is being discussed in most threads because they post constantly and hawk fans reply. Not sure what the fix is but I'm using this board way less as a result. Also the "oh you're being soft, I'm just trolling" responses are just boring. Like how old are you?

12/02/2022Dan Gable DonnybrookVarsity - 1st Place Match - Gabe Arnold (Iowa City, City High) over Connor Mirasola (West Bend West) (Dec 4-3)
Hey !!! What's the big idea of posting facts that counter the PSU trolls arguments here on the PSU Wrestling board....oh damn..my bad this is ACTUALLY the IOWA wrestling board. Well if you don't agree that Carl is the best based purely on coaching then you are WRONG. It doesn't matter what he couldn't do at ISU... it matters what he did when given unlimited spending for NIL $$ long before NIL was a real thing and he is able to bring in Top P4P guys and coach them up... or bring them in and let them do what they did to become top P4P guys in the 1st place. I could HONESTLY care less who you support but the constant ranting and bitching on another teams fan Forum is totally annoying. and now lets QUE the " Haters responses now" and get on with our day.

That doesn't help us.

Disagree completely. He's known as a stud FB and so a ton of offers is inevitable. Good work by the football staff getting him his first P5 offer. The more connection he has/feels to the U of I, the better.

I hadn't thought about that aspect of it. If a guy is good enough for a full football scholarship, it makes sense that football would pick up the tab. Not sure what, if any, rules exist for dual sport athletes. If so, that could be a huge advantage for the wrestling program to essentially get someone like Kueter for free and open up scholarship money for another top recruit. Silver lining of sorts.

The rule is that revenue sports have to take the scholarship hit. It prevents schools (cough...SEC...cough...) from stockpiling football players on say (sham) track scholarships.

Have you heard from Mike Z here or on our board lately? Kinda worried about him. Miss him trying to put us in our place when we say dumb things.

He jumped to the On3 board with HR.

Hey !!! What's the big idea of posting facts that counter the PSU trolls arguments here on the PSU Wrestling board....oh damn..my bad this is ACTUALLY the IOWA wrestling board. Well if you don't agree that Carl is the best based purely on coaching then you are WRONG. It doesn't matter what he couldn't do at ISU... it matters what he did when given unlimited spending for NIL $$ long before NIL was a real thing and he is able to bring in Top P4P guys and coach them up... or bring them in and let them do what they did to become top P4P guys in the 1st place. I could HONESTLY care less who you support but the constant ranting and bitching on another teams fan Forum is totally annoying. and now lets QUE the " Haters responses now" and get on with our day.
Instead of bitching about PSU getting elite recruits that become 2-3 maybe 4 time national champions, you should try figuring out why TNT ain’t doing it with the top 10 pfps he does get. This is Kennedys THIRD year in the room…what was he…#2 recruit in the country? He should be at the very least a finalist this year right? Why hasn’t Warner won a ship yet let alone multiple titles? Bull? Where are his titles? Kem… same thing? How about some of the lesser but still highly ranked recruits? Assad? Shouldn’t he at least have been somewhat of a threat by now? Cass? Not even a finalist yet? Those are type of kids Cael turned into a champion before they left ie Cassar and Brown. Maybe later this year I’ll edit to add in the transfers Iowa gets… maybe should hold off to see if Woods let’s you all down….but the one you all guaranteed will be champions like Desanto and Jaydin. I mean PSU turned one of their transfers into a champ. Why didnt Iowa?

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and zzs006
Instead of bitching about PSU getting elite recruits that become 2-3 maybe 4 time national champions, you should try figuring out why TNT ain’t doing it with the top 10 pfps he does get. This is Kennedys THIRD year in the room…what was he…#2 recruit in the country? He should be at the very least a finalist this year right? Why hasn’t Warner won a ship yet let alone multiple titles? Bull? Where are his titles? Kem… same thing? How about some of the lesser but still highly ranked recruits? Assad? Shouldn’t he at least have been somewhat of a threat by now? Cass? Not even a finalist yet? Those are type of kids Cael turned into a champion before they left ie Cassar and Brown. Maybe later this year I’ll edit to add in the transfers Iowa gets… maybe should hold off to see if Woods let’s you all down….but the one you all guaranteed will be champions like Desanto and Jaydin. I mean PSU turned one of their transfers into a champ. Why didnt Iowa?
Because we don't use performance enhancers, like Kerkroid for example......... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyePA

It's an NCAA rule that if you play two sports and one is football you have to be on a football scholarship. Brody Brecht will probably be a first round MLB pick eventually but he's still only a walk on for Iowa baseball because he's on the football team too. It prevents football teams from taking advantage by loading up say a track team with more top football players and draining their limited scholarships in track and field. Same with Connor McCaffery being on bball scholarship and still playing baseball for a couple years (although he did walk on as both initially to save on bball scholarships too).

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
So now you are comparing Iowa recruits to transfers that were bought and paid for AFTER they already had national Titles or were ranked in the top 2 or 3 whenever they were purchased.... I do admit 1 thing, in order to compete in the mud you gotta get down in the mud and I honestly think TNT arent exactly those type of Guys... We knew carl was whenever he drug his ISU buddy Long with him to wrestle for him after he already KNEW of his addictions and his problems.... But hey it was a new school, a new start and oh so many fresh faces. so i am pretty sure he would never do anything illegal once he got to State College... and WOW did that ever work out in his favor... besides the poor victims left in that path of crime and cover ups. Now explain to me what Carl did to better the top recruits he had at PSU.... guys like Marstellar, .....Haines...., Berge... ,Teske, ..Verkleeren .... Guillbon,.... Suriano, and Teasedale... i could go on but that list is just a small sampling of the PSU line up that old Carl done right by.... as they drove right by him off the campus .

Cael did a remarkable job with the Altons, Guilibon, Robbie Howard, and Michael Beard off the top of my head.

Reactions: Gutt15
A truly cherry picked narrative here, big guy! They may not all be champs but they ALL produced at a high level.

Chronologically:

Stoll #10 p4p(battled a ton of injuries, including getting shot by a handgun in the knee): was 20-2 and injured his knee at the All Star Classic as a FRESHMAN and had to forfeit out of NCAA's, was ranked 5th as a SOPHOMORE before blowing out knee yet again and missing the rest of the year, took 5th as a JUNIOR winning the Gorriarian(most pins in the least amount of time at NCAA's), got shot in the knee his Senior year and still made R12.

Kemerer #9 p4p(also dealt with a bunch of injuries, but still was a 4x AA)= 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 4th

Marinelli #3 p4p= 6th,7th,R12,5th 3xAA that almost certainly would have been 4 if not for rib injury forcing him to not wrestle his R12 match. Also, wrestled in probably the deepest 4 year weight class I can remember.

Spencer Lee #2 p4p= 1st,1st,1st,? Nothing more needs to be said here.

Warner #7 p4p= 7th,4th,2nd,? 3x AA and Finalist.

Kennedy #3 p4p= Currently ranked 7th at 165 and just beat your own #2 p4p Facundo...

Ayala #5 p4p= Went 2-2 as a TRUE FRESHMAN, wrestling with a shoulder brace....redshirting this year.

So, they are basically batting 1000 with getting EVERY top 10 recruit on the podium. Conversely, how many of the top 10 p4p's at PSU don't even make the podium? Yes they have a lot that win it all, but they also recruit WAYYYYY more than Iowa. Again, how many of those don't even make the podium? To help you out, Kemerer, A. Alton, Manville and Berge did not. D. Alton and Gulibon managed to squeeze one out each. Oh, and it looks like #10 recruit Seth Nevills may also not AA, but I won't hold that against him since it isn't his fault he was recruited over to get Kerkvliet......

Cael did a remarkable job with the Altons, Guilibon, Robbie Howard, and Michael Beard off the top of my head.
Although I don't like how he handled Beard, Beard was still an AA for PSU his 1st season and most likely would have been a 4x AA, if not for Dean's transfer. Still, the list absolutely shows Carl is far from infallible. His record for NCAA Champs is undeniably outstanding. However, he can afford to have some swings and misses when he lands so many top recruits.

Conversely, Iowa has ZERO room for a swing and miss. To stay with PSU, EVERY top 10 p4p has to basically AA top 5 all 4 years. Iowa simply doesn't have the margin for error that PSU has due to incomparable recruiting...

Reactions: TailgateTom
Y'all can stop replying to JTS now. It appears that the HR autorities have caught him again. He is back in jail.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This user's profile is not available.
This ^^^ or just maybe he deleted his account, so he could claim he was banned and post under one of his languishing aliases.

Y'all can stop replying to JTS now. It appears that the HR autorities have caught him again. He is back in jail.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This user's profile is not available.
Banhammer yet again? Say it ain't so...

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT