ADVERTISEMENT

Early Camp Rumblings

Kakert and Eicholt both CB him today. It’s because of something they heard while Iose was on campus today.
Hawkeye Insider (Eichholt) has him Iowa but with a confidence level of 5. Doesn't sound like a real strong statement.

I’ll be the third.

I think they would have beaten Minnesota if Marco played and never threw a pass. I think they would have won if they played with three backs, and no QB instead of the guy fighting for a spot at Utah Tech.

Marco is clearly not great. He did seem to be capable of generating a first down with his feet.

The options appeared to be.

A. A guy who couldn’t throw, couldn’t run, and turned the ball over constantly.

B. A guy who couldn’t throw, could run, and may or may not have turned the ball over constantly. 🤷‍♂️

We’ll never know.

Kirk is a great coach, and I hope he coaches at Iowa for several more years. Sometimes he’s wrong. This may have been one of those times.
Anyone with a brain would admit he's made mistakes. He's human unlike some of the posters here who seem to think they are infallible sitting in the chairs watching the game. The same ones that think he's screwed up every QB decision when even the participants have said in interviews they weren't ready for the moment. How glorious it is to be able to analyse everything after the fact, don't you think?

And yet everyone who saw the scrimmage Sat sat that Cade was NOT limping and looked more mobile then they've ever seen him. Your post made it sound like he was struggling. I think I'll just stick with that until the next time we see them Aug 31st.
lol…. That is fine. I don’t really care. I am blind just as you are and when someone close to me from practice passes on something, I thought I would pass on what I was told.

Hawkeye Insider (Eichholt) has him Iowa but with a confidence level of 5. Doesn't sound like a real strong statement.
And so did Kakert. They obviously heard something to make them feel like Iowa is Iose’s most likely destination.

Tom seems to know Eppy fairly well.

It’s a good thing they put in predictions for Iowa. It’s okay to admit this is a positive development, and it is more likely than not, Iose will commit to Iowa.

Maybe he ends up somewhere else, but it appears at this point, Iowa is in the lead.

And so did Kakert. They obviously heard something to make them feel like Iowa is Iose’s most likely destination.

Tom seems to know Eppy fairly well.

It’s a good thing they put in predictions for Iowa. It’s okay to admit this is a positive development, and it is more likely than not, Iose will commit to Iowa.

Maybe he ends up somewhere else, but it appears at this point, Iowa is in the lead.
The "in the lead" concept seems to be nothing more than where he was last seen. It changes with every visit. The EPPY's are going to say positive things wherever they visit. A confidence level of 5 from Eich doesn't exactly scream he told Kirk he's a Hawkeye.

Last edited:
The "in the lead" concept seems to be nothing more than where he was last seen. It changes with every visit. The EPPY's are going to say positive things wherever they visit. A confidence level of 5 from Eich doesn't exactly scream he told Kirk he's a Hawkeye.
Kakert also put one in. He’s seems to be buddies with Eppy.

I’m with you. This is bad news. We’re doomed with Iose. I just hope he commits somewhere else soon so we can move on!!!!!

What if the sun fails to rise?!?!? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kakert also put one in. He’s seems to be buddies with Eppy.

I’m with you. This is bad news. We’re doomed with Iose. I just hope he commits somewhere else soon so we can move on!!!!!

What if the sun fails to rise?!?!? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on, man. We all want Eppy IV. But like you, I'll believe it when it's official.

A mobile QB that wasn’t able to get through his progressions fast enough would have been WAY better than keeping Hill in there all those games!
By "WAY better" I'm assuming that you believe Iowa would have won more games with Marco at QB instead of Hill (I don't recall for sure if you are one of the three who's already gone on record with that)?

Well that leaves you with a hell of an argument to present:

1. The Iowa staff disagreed with you.

2. Lester disagreed with you after his initial evaluation of the two players in the spring.

3. The 7 games that Iowa won with Hill at QB are an established fact.

4. They did so with zero margin for error. So you could say everything had to fall into place the way it did for Iowa to have won those games. Meaning that very little would have fallen into place in the same way with a change as drastic as a different QB.

5. Coaches throughout time have disagreed with you, as many great QB's with great mobility never played as true freshman because things were moving too fast for them

Come on, man. We all want Eppy IV. But like you, I'll believe it when it's official.
Yep. I’m just willing to believe Kakert and Eicholt know more than you or I, and aren’t just throwing darts.

It does not change with every visit. After every visit they said nice things about each school, but he was not on an official visit, and he didn’t say anything publicly.

Two guys who cover Iowa recruiting for a living, felt they have heard enough to predict a prospect will end up at Iowa, who in at least one case knows the father. I’m not sure why you continue to act like Eicholt is the only evidence?

Please indicate you are aware of Kakert’s existence.

Reactions: BonzoFury
By "WAY better" I'm assuming that you believe Iowa would have won more games with Marco at QB instead of Hill (I don't recall for sure if you are one of the three who's already gone on record with that)?

Well that leaves you with a hell of an argument to present:

1. The Iowa staff disagreed with you.

2. Lester disagreed with you after his initial evaluation of the two players in the spring.

3. The 7 games that Iowa won with Hill at QB are an established fact.

4. They did so with zero margin for error. So you could say everything had to fall into place the way it did for Iowa to have won those games. Meaning that very little would have fallen into place in the same way with a change as drastic as a different QB.

5. Coaches throughout time have disagreed with you, as many great QB's with great mobility never played as true freshman because things were moving too fast for them
Are you on The Capt's payroll?

Well I've given sound reasoning to support that claim in this situation.

Most of you guys are always complaining that, "they got it wrong." Which one sounds more ridiculous?

It's hard for us to ever say with much certainty that they got it wrong. We just aren't armed with the day to day inside information that goes into the staff's decision making. So yes, even when I might see reason to question, I usually defer to the highly paid staff that has the day to day inside information. Why wouldn't you? You also have to realize that Iowa has won for near the entirety of 25 years. KF clearly knows what he's doing. To question him and complain the way most fans do is completely juvenile.

Without the benefit of inside information, I will say that I think KF made a mistake in playing Cade while he was hurt last season. That's just a general philosophy across sports that I stand by.

Without the benefit of inside information, it is also my opinion that Iowa hasn't run the ball nearly enough over the past few seasons. That falls on KF. But I'm not going to beat him up about it because I recognize that's a personal preference of mine. I pretty much don't think anyone other than the service academies run it often enough. That's just how I roll. If only the rest of fans would not impose their personal beliefs and entertainment tastes, and judge a winning program by them.

Also without the benefit of inside information, I believe that KF should have attempted to fortify the O-line through the portal a year sooner than he did. But again, I'm not going to beat him up over it. I have the perspective to understand that the portal/NIL dynamic was brand new at that time, and that Iowa had always had success without transfers being much a part of the formula. KF made the adjustment to be more active in the portal the following season and I give him credit for that.

Here's the thing - even if KF is clearly dead wrong about something; what's the point in complaining, being negative, and beating him up about it in public and on public message boards? There is no point. The negative perception and toxicity in the community, if anything, can only hurt the program. It can't ever help.

You are welcome that I consciously try to be a good fan
That’s a lot of words to defend a lot of shitty Ferentz offense over 2 decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT