ADVERTISEMENT

Early Camp Rumblings

Two crystal balls were cast for him to Iowa today.
I see 24/7 has him 100% Iowa
On3 moved Iowa to 53% ahead of Miami 37% (they previously had Miami as the leader).
Rivals has him 100% Iowa

Initially I thought that was quite a drive to make for no reason, but his brother played today so there's that. One has to wonder if some of the predictions are based on the visit, not considering it could have been about seeing his bro.

Hopefully we'll know soon.

I see 24/7 has him 100% Iowa
On3 moved Iowa to 53% ahead of Miami 37% (they previously had Miami as the leader).
Rivals has him 100% Iowa

Initially I thought that was quite a drive to make for no reason, but his brother played today so there's that. One has to wonder if some of the predictions are based on the visit, not considering it could have been about seeing his bro.

Hopefully we'll know soon.
Kakert and Eicholt both CB him today. It’s because of something they heard while Iose was on campus today.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Why do you ask if you don't want an answer? No answer, "why is no one responding to my inane question?" Answer, "the coaches know better anyway."

If we have now way of knowing, then what the hell is all the fuss about?

You said it, so let it go.
It was a rhetorical question in response to your question, "HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW?". It was to make the point that people claiming Lainez would have done any good have no way of knowing that.

It's the people that have been complaining all along that Lainez should have played that haven't let it go.

We know exactly how Iowa did with Hill at QB. It's in the record book

Dude, you are the ULTIMATE FERENTZ APOLOGIST!

While the entire USA LAUGHS AT OUR OFFENSE!!!
Ferentz doesn't need an apologist. His success speaks for itself.

I feel sorry for anyone who laughs at a program that's won for near the entirety of 25 years. As a matter of fact, anyone laughing at any winning team - the joke is on them. We've been over this before.

How does it feel being the ULTIMATE HATER of one of the most important citizens in the history of the state of Iowa?

I’ll be the third.

I think they would have beaten Minnesota if Marco played and never threw a pass. I think they would have won if they played with three backs, and no QB instead of the guy fighting for a spot at Utah Tech.

Marco is clearly not great. He did seem to be capable of generating a first down with his feet.

The options appeared to be.

A. A guy who couldn’t throw, couldn’t run, and turned the ball over constantly.

B. A guy who couldn’t throw, could run, and may or may not have turned the ball over constantly. 🤷‍♂️

We’ll never know.

Kirk is a great coach, and I hope he coaches at Iowa for several more years. Sometimes he’s wrong. This may have been one of those times.
The Minnesota game isn't the only game in question. This has been covered a few times in this thread now.

You would have to believe that Marco would have won all the other games that Iowa won under Hill too to make the case that Marco should have been playing over Hill

The Minnesota game isn't the only game in question. This has been covered a few times in this thread now.

You would have to believe that Marco would have won all the other games that Iowa won under Hill too to make the case that Marco should have been playing over Hill
Seems plausible he would have. We had the worst QB in the nation. He couldn’t pass, couldn’t run, and turned the ball over constantly. The one time we saw Marco, he wasn’t good, but he was clearly more productive than Deacon. None of us know what would have happened. I’m willing to see what door number 2 had in store.

Also, are you an attorney? You have spent half your life on this. You’re not getting paid for every 15 minutes you log. Brevity is a virtue.

I feel even better on my guess that you’re an attorney than my guess that Marco would have been the second worst QB in the nation.

It was a rhetorical question in response to your question, "HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW?". It was to make the point that people claiming Lainez would have done any good have no way of knowing that.

It's the people that have been complaining all along that Lainez should have played that haven't let it go.

We know exactly how Iowa did with Hill at QB. It's in the record book
And you don't know he wouldn't have.

Yes, it is. You defend everything Kirk and the staff does and are always saying "they got it right". Always.
Well I've given sound reasoning to support that claim in this situation.

Most of you guys are always complaining that, "they got it wrong." Which one sounds more ridiculous?

It's hard for us to ever say with much certainty that they got it wrong. We just aren't armed with the day to day inside information that goes into the staff's decision making. So yes, even when I might see reason to question, I usually defer to the highly paid staff that has the day to day inside information. Why wouldn't you? You also have to realize that Iowa has won for near the entirety of 25 years. KF clearly knows what he's doing. To question him and complain the way most fans do is completely juvenile.

Without the benefit of inside information, I will say that I think KF made a mistake in playing Cade while he was hurt last season. That's just a general philosophy across sports that I stand by.

Without the benefit of inside information, it is also my opinion that Iowa hasn't run the ball nearly enough over the past few seasons. That falls on KF. But I'm not going to beat him up about it because I recognize that's a personal preference of mine. I pretty much don't think anyone other than the service academies run it often enough. That's just how I roll. If only the rest of fans would not impose their personal beliefs and entertainment tastes, and judge a winning program by them.

Also without the benefit of inside information, I believe that KF should have attempted to fortify the O-line through the portal a year sooner than he did. But again, I'm not going to beat him up over it. I have the perspective to understand that the portal/NIL dynamic was brand new at that time, and that Iowa had always had success without transfers being much a part of the formula. KF made the adjustment to be more active in the portal the following season and I give him credit for that.

Here's the thing - even if KF is clearly dead wrong about something; what's the point in complaining, being negative, and beating him up about it in public and on public message boards? There is no point. The negative perception and toxicity in the community, if anything, can only hurt the program. It can't ever help.

You are welcome that I consciously try to be a good fan

Seems plausible he would have. We had the worst QB in the nation. He couldn’t pass, couldn’t run, and turned the ball over constantly. The one time we saw Marco, he wasn’t good, but he was clearly more productive than Deacon. None of us know what would have happened. I’m willing to see what door number 2 had in store.

Also, are you an attorney? You have spent half your life on this. You’re not getting paid for every 15 minutes you log. Brevity is a virtue.

I feel even better on my guess that you’re an attorney than my guess that Marco would have been the second worst QB in the nation.
Seems plausible the coaches knew what they were doing.

Especially after the evidence in the bowl game that Marco couldn't read the field.

Especially after Lester got here in the spring and said the same thing.

Trust me, Iowa wouldn't have won all those games under Marco. I know that won't happen, so maybe trust the coaches that were there, and the new one that made the same evaluation, in terms of Marco behind in getting through his progressions. Oh wait, we don't do that around here either.

I'm not an attorney, but I should have been one if all of the arguments were this easy. I mean seriously, this is a joke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT