ADVERTISEMENT

Early Camp Rumblings

So...are we going to get the "well, we've got a new OC and all new offense" excuse when...er, I mean if... the offense comes out and struggles in the opener?
I think it’s fair to use this for most of 2024. It’s why i don’t get the PLAYOFFS!!! Talk.

Nebraska, Wisconsin both brought in new offensive schemes….and I’d focus more on the latter in comparison to iowas upcoming season

WI struggled. They don’t have the talent they usually do, and what they had to work with was a slow transition to the new scheme. There were glimpses but overall they were not very good.

I don’t see how anyone can look at Iowa offense and say yeah it’s just the scheme and play calling.

I agree the OC was a huge problem, probably the biggest issue….but outside TE and RB, we don’t have the talent. We rave about a WR who had 12 catches for like 90 yards on the season haha….and talk about another who was only used for jet sweeps and let punts fall in front of him

I still think iowas defense can get them 8 wins. If Iowa gets a lot of lucky breaks and their opponents continue to shit the bed….maybe 9-10

But this would mean another year of 9-7, 12-10, 17-10 type ball games, and I’m not sure that’s going to help change the narrative of being a laughing stock

Difficult to hear a few parts because of the wind, but man it never gets old listening to Lester:

He talks about learning the new words for plays. Even possibly implementing foreign languages. He said it was rough in the spring, but now the guys are really getting it and remembering.

He also said he wants to be an aggressive offense. Telling a story about the Chiefs, that once they're out of the huddle, they're coming. Moving, shifting, etc. He wants to replicate that aggressive style.
This all sounds great!

Let’s see if it actually happens. Cause watching Iowa players try to line up and get the play off when the playbook is only 10 plays and there’s no shifting….didnt go well

You have absolutely NO idea how Marco would have played, given ample prep time and extensive game experience.

Very few coaches would continue to play a qb as bad as Hill without at least giving someone else a chance. That’s a fact.

While I like and support Kirk, in my opinion there was no reason not to try someone else at qb, given how truly terrible Deacon Hill was.
I do have an idea of how Marco would have performed. I saw that he wasn't able to see the field and get through his progressions. I saw that the game was moving too fast for him. And I know how defenses would game plan for him.

If I don't have an idea how he would have performed, then nor do the people who say he would have done better than Hill. And they are the ones complaining as if they have more than an idea.

Good thing is, it doesn't matter what any of us think because there is a staff that gets paid a lot of money to get that decision right. And there is plenty of reason to believe they did.

Very few coaches change QB's when they are winning. Especially with a backup QB; they count their blessings. Especially not for a true freshman who can't see the field. Very few coaches change QB's when they are winning and there are other challenging areas in the offense. These are facts

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
Why are you doing this, my time on the women’s basketball board has been so much more uplifting and joyful than this board. Just let it go, eventually these guys will have a new coach to complain about & you can say “you got what you wished for” they want to be miserable. Let them…

I mean, honestly, reading all the positive lovefest about our new offensive coordinator after the board outrage when he got hired, tells you all you need to know about “those fans”
This. I don't understand why arguing and wallowing about the past and the coach and players is in the past. can't go back.
Looking forward to the future of the new offence and how much better the offensive line will be.

Okay then. So you have WHO, a coach telling you this? Who thats not a staff member is at "every practice". Film guy?, Turf guy? Athletic trainer? I know. I bet it’s a spy from Michigan, getting a first hand look at the new offense. And this person probably has as much actual knowledge of the game as half the posters on here I suppose? Regardless, we'll probably know just how gimpy Mac is after tomorrow’s scrimmage....
I’m not giving away my source or what that person does. The individual has been with the program for three years. No, not a coach. I am not an attention whore and just passing on what this close person to me said. Considering I posted that the my source said the backup from NW looks good, and has competed well in practice prior to KF speaking on it, I am not just making stuff up. Yes, I wish the individual would be more specific and provide more details, but that is not what younger people tend to do. If you don’t want to believe anything I am saying, it’s not a problem for me, but considering there are few nuggets we are getting, other people might be interested in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT